• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Well produced music to show off your system

Thanks Zing.

I did a quick sample of some of the tracks - and immediately thought of some of the stuff that Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band and Gordon Goodwin's Little Phat Band have done - especially Little Rootie Tootie that I just sampled.

It's the type of music that I sometimes use as background listening when I want to curl up with a good book to read.

Jeff
Big Phat Band rocks. Been using it for enjoyment and demo, critical listening for a decade.

I did a quick sample of some of the tracks - and immediately thought of some of the stuff that Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band and Gordon Goodwin's Little Phat Band have done - especially Little Rootie Tootie that I just sampled.
I genuinely like Gordon Goodwin's discs but his music has a lot more energy than this one and also seems to have a lot more production, hence my thinking rammis and Pauly would like the simpler, more organic sound of Beasley's disc. The Thelonious Monk inspiration was icing on the cake.

Either way, I'm glad you like it. Hopefully its SQ meets the expectation.

I genuinely like Gordon Goodwin's discs but his music has a lot more energy than this one and also seems to have a lot more production, hence my thinking rammis and Pauly would like the simpler, more organic sound of Beasley's disc. The Thelonious Monk inspiration was icing on the cake.

Either way, I'm glad you like it. Hopefully its SQ meets the expectation.
Why in the hell do you think I would like this? I don't like ANYTHING - you should know that. :nyah:

Every once in a while, I do a search for "Best Sounding CDs" or something similar. I've been doing this for years and I've noticed that pretty much most of the lists contain the same recommendations I've been seeing for years. So, recently, I modified my search to include newer releases and it turned up all sorts of suggestions, most of which I hadn't ever heard of before. Perfect!

Anyhow, one such item was Monk'Estra Vol. 1 by John Beasley. Almost immediately I was able to tell this wasn't music I was interested in buying however, @rammisframmis, @PaulyT and @Wardsweb all came to mind because it seemed like music they'd enjoy. So there you go. Sample away.

Thanks.. it's hard to take a well know artist, like Thelonious Monk, and bring something fresh without stepping all over the original. This one isn't bad but as you have already learned, it's not for everyone. Then, Monk isn't for everyone.

Keep looking and happy listening.

Back