• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Westworld

I got about halfway through the first episode before getting interrupted. I'm interested in continuing to watch, but haven't found the time to pick back up where I left off. Hopefully soon. Needless to say, I'll be avoiding your link :grinning:

I've read this series was based on a rather old movie by the same name, which I haven't seen.
Also read that old movie was the basis of this little-known Steely Dan tune:

"We got your skinny girls, here at the Western World!"

I believe the old movie starred Yul Brenner, and seems like I've at least watched part of it. We don't have HBO, but I have the first two episodes recorded, just haven't had time to watch them. Hearing good things about it though.

I've seen the first episode. Interesting premise, have the others on the DVR.

i-cSv8h5S-2100x20000.jpg

Finally had the time to dive in. I just started back up from the beginning since Joanna wasn't with me when I caught half of the first episode. We binge watched all 8 episodes Friday night and Saturday. All caught up for tonight @ 9. I was reading they have enough story hashed out to go out to 4-5 seasons.

E9 was amazing as expected. I love this show. Hard to imagine they have 4-5 season worth of story. Will be interested to see where this one goes.

IMHO while I still loved the episode, it was actually the weakest episode for me out of the 10....maybe it's because the internet exploded with speculation and theories and pretty much nailed every single one of them. So other than the very last 30-45 seconds absolutely nothing surprised me. Still though, I thought the show on a whole was spectacular and like everything else on HBO the production quality was off the charts.

IMHO while I still loved the episode, it was actually the weakest episode for me out of the 10....maybe it's because the internet exploded with speculation and theories and pretty much nailed every single one of them. So other than the very last 30-45 seconds absolutely nothing surprised me. Still though, I thought the show on a whole was spectacular and like everything else on HBO the production quality was off the charts.

I see your point and I agree to an extent. I was REALLY hoping that the Man in Black was somehow NOT William. But you are right, the internet got alot of this figured out ahead of time. The show gave us too many clues. Maybe for season 2 I should stay away from the fan theories. But overall, I thought the story telling about how and why Dolores killed Arnold and that Ford did want to free the hosts was great. I would have enjoyed another big twist but I still got sucked in and seduced by the park (as they say).

Back