• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

61MM9W2Lc4L._SS500_.jpg

Streetlights -- CD

Bonnie Raitt

1974/1990 Warner Bros. Records

Amazon.com

Following her first three albums, all of which were wildly eclectic affairs, Bonnie Raitt was poised for a mainstream move, and 1974's Streetlights is it. There's no blues edge here whatsoever, and Raitt's guitar playing is subdued--both detractions--but the album also introduces "Angel from Montgomery," the definitive version of John Prine's piercing ballad. Raitt dips further into contemporary singer-songwriter fare with Joni Mitchell's "That Song About the Midway" and James Taylor's "Rainy Day Man," but the album peaks with Allen Toussaint's thoughtful (and funky) "What Is Success." --Daniel Durchholz

1. "That Song About the Midway" (Joni Mitchell) – 4:44
2. "Rainy Day Man" (James Taylor, Zachary Weisner) – 3:41
3. "Angel from Montgomery" (John Prine) – 3:59
4. "I Got Plenty" (Joey Levine, Jim Carroll) – 3:09
5. "Streetlights" (Bill Payne) – 5:05
6. "What Is Success" (Allen Toussaint) – 3:32
7. "Ain't Nobody Home" (Jerry Ragovoy) – 3:04
8. "Everything That Touches You" (Michael Kamen) – 3:28
9. "Got You on My Mind" (David Lasley, Allee Willis) – 3:50
10. "You Got to Be Ready for Love (If You Wanna Be Mine)" (Lou Courtney) – 3:08

51OimhOTITL._SS500_.jpg

Spirit Trail -- 2 CD Set

Bruce Hornsby

1998 RCA Records

Amazon.com

From its unusual jokey cover of his Uncle Charles to the diverse amalgam of styles (jazz, R&B, pop) covered over its two discs, Spirit Trail is Bruce Hornsby at his most difficult to pin down. Whereas his work with the Range set standards for '80s adult-contemporary pop, Hornsby is now determined to move from the middle of the road to new territory. The unusual piano breaks throughout the first disc ("Resting Place" detours into fuzak), the sprightly hip-hop rhythms, the horns that punctuate "Line in the Dust," the simple, playful pop pleasures of "Shadow Hand" prove Hornsby can grow. He's still a super technician with ambitious production and arrangement designs, but his singing has grown more soulful with age. He'll never cut a convincing barrelhouse tune, as "Preacher in the Ring Pt. 1" attests, but his journey into Steely Dan-type sophistication brings his approach new life. --Rob O'Connor

All songs written by Bruce Hornsby except where noted.

Disc 1

1. King of the Hill
2. Resting Place
3. Preacher in the Ring, Part I
4. Preacher in the Ring, Part II
5. Song C
6. Sad Moon
7. Pete and Manny (Hornsby, John Hornsby)
8. Fortunate Son
9. Sneaking up on Boo Radley
10. Great Divide

Disc 2

1. Line in the Dust
2. See the Same Way
3. Shadow Hand
4. Sunlight Moon (Hornsby/ Keith Hornsby/Michael Mangini/Russell Hornsby)
5. Listen to the Silence
6. Funhouse
7. Sunflower Cat (Some Dour Cat) (Down With That) (Hornsby/ Jerry Garcia* / Michael Mangini / Robert Hunter)
8. Song D
9. Swan Song
10. Variations on Swan Song and Song D

* Jerry Garcia, on guitar, is sampled, posthumously, on Disc 2, track 7.

The Cover...
Joel Bernstein photographed the trio in serious poses aboard a boat, and initial copies of CSN bore that picture on the cover. The next picture Bernstein took of Crosby, Stills and Nash was a shot of them breaking into laughter at the thought of just having posed as "serious artists." The trio later decided that they liked the second photo better, and it was decided that all future pressings of CSN should bear the "laughter" photo.

The original Cover....

5321795797_0f88e50d08.jpg

The CD Cover aka "The Laughter Cover".....

51NhqT%2BqSbL.jpg

CSN CD

Crosby, Stills & Nash

1977/1994 Atlantic Records

A different World?, May 31, 2000
By Donald Heijkoop (Schiedam Netherlands) - See all my reviews

This review is from: CSN (Audio CD)

CSN's 1977 album is a classic. Harmony vocals may be out of fashion these days, but if you don't know this record, man you had better catch up. Both intimate and powerful, sad and hopeful, this record has no flaws. If you want to escape from a world that is moving faster by the minute, this record is sure to help. Some of the very best of Crosby Stills and Nash is here on one CD. Get it.

Side One

1. "Shadow Captain" (Crosby, Craig Doerge) – 4:32
2. "See the Changes" (Stills) – 2:56
3. "Carried Away" (Nash) – 2:29
4. "Fair Game" (Stills) – 3:30
5. "Anything at All" (Crosby) – 3:01
6. "Cathedral" (Nash) – 5:15

Side Two

1. "Dark Star" (Stills) – 4:43
2. "Just a Song Before I Go" (Nash) – 2:12
3. "Run from Tears" (Stills) – 4:09
4. "Cold Rain" (Nash) – 2:32
5. "In My Dreams" (Crosby) – 5:10
6. "I Give You Give Blind" (Stills) – 3:21

My last one for the evening....

51iUJ2aSDTL._SS500_.jpg

Never Die Young -- CD

James Taylor

1988/2000 Columbia Records

Another Number One Album For Old "JT"!, August 25, 2000
By Barron Laycock "Labradorman" (Temple, New Hampshire United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

This review is from: Never Die Young (Audio CD)

James Taylor has given us so many wonderful albums over the last couple of decades (Gee, is it thirty years already?) that it is truly surprising to see him come up with yet another blockbuster of a song as "Never Die Young" along with a wonderful song cycle as he's produced here. From the opening bars of "Never Die Young", a wry but dreamy recollection of a couple destined to rise above the level of the ordinary humdrum of small town mentality to the thoughtful and well-arranged "T-Bone" to the reflective "Baby Boom Baby" to the rollicking "Sweet Potato Pie", there isn't a pooch in the passel. As always, this is an eclectic mixture of folk ballads like "Never Die Young" and the pensive and soulful "First Of May", which is my personal favorite here. What we have here, folks, is a guarantee of an entertaining, superbly rendered, and always memorable music by one of the old masters of popular folk-rock. After all, "JT" has now successfully negotiated the fifty-year mark, and like the rest of us boomers, shows no sign of slowing down or repeating himself. Enjoy!

All songs were written by James Taylor, except where noted.

1. "Never Die Young" – 4:24
2. "T-Bone" (Bill Payne, Taylor) – 3:47
3. "Baby Boom Baby" (Taylor, Zachary Wiesner) – 4:59
4. "Runaway Boy" – 4:18
5. "Valentine's Day" – 2:35
6. "Sun on the Moon" – 4:09
7. "Sweet Potato Pie" – 3:30
8. "Home by Another Way" (Timothy Mayer, Taylor) – 3:50
9. "Letter in the Mail" – 4:41
10. "First of May" – 4:01

Today's work truck music....

953fe893e7a070e16ceb4110.L.jpg

Curves Ahead CD

Rippingtons featuring Russ Freeman

1991 GRP Records

Smooth and Easy!, June 21, 2000
By frisky2000 "frisky2000" (smallville) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE)

This review is from: Curves Ahead (Audio CD)

This cd will NOT disappoint. If you've never heard Russ Freeman and the Rippington's this is a great introduction to break you into their great sound. If you're a seasoned fan like myself, this is one you will wear out in no time. Every track is memorable, my personal faves are Take Me With You, Aspen and the title track, Curves Ahead. If you have a chance to see this group live, DO IT! There's nothing like their sound under a summer sky in an outdoor arena -- this is loving life!

1. "Curves Ahead" - 5:39
2. "Aspen" - 5:28
3. "Santa Fe Trail" - 5:14
4. "Take Me With You" - 5:34
5. "North Star" - 5:24
6. "Miles Away" - 5:17
7. "Snowbound" - 4:51
8. "Nature of the Beast" - 6:21
9. "Morning Song" - 4:09

1dc4820dd7a0a3d2af99e010.L.jpg

Hourglass -- CD

James Taylor

1997 Sony Music

Amazon.com

The merchant of mellow's first studio album since New Moon Shine (1991), and you've gotta have a heart of naugahyde not to be touched by the simplicity and uncommon wisdom of these dozen tunes. "Little More Time with You" is a trademark Taylor single augmented by a Stevie Wonder harmonica line, "Ananas" is sly and lusty, while the expertly crafted "Line 'Em Up" features a fond recollection of Richard Nixon's "shifty little eyes." A-list guests like Sting, Shawn Colvin, Branford Marsalis, and Randy Brecker add to the charm. --Jeff Bateman

All songs by James Taylor unless otherwise noted.

"Line 'Em Up" – 4:42
"Enough to Be on Your Way" – 5:57
"Little More Time With You" – 3:51
"Gaia" – 5:30
"Ananas" – 5:42
"Jump Up Behind Me" – 3:28
"Another Day" – 2:21
"Up Er Mei" – 3:47
"Up From Your Life" – 5:15
"Yellow and Rose" – 4:54
"Boatman" (Livingston Taylor, M. Taylor) – 3:57
"Walkin' My Baby Back Home" (Fred E. Ahlert, Roy Turk) – 3:12
"Hangnail" (also known as "Money O Money") – 2:22 [hidden "bonus" track]

8631a2c008a03c0fe378b010.L.jpg

The Long Run -- CD

Eagles

1979/1990 Asylum Records

Product Description

The long-awaited followup to Hotel California and the Eagles' last studio album proved a considerable disappointment, though it sold in the expected multimillions and included the hits Heartache Tonight, The Long Run, and I Can't Tell You Why.
Side one

"The Long Run" (Don Henley, Glenn Frey) – 3:42
Lead vocal by Don Henley
Slide guitar by Joe Walsh and Don Felder
Guitar Solo by Joe Walsh
Organ by Don Felder
"I Can't Tell You Why" (Timothy B. Schmit, Henley, Frey) – 4:56
Lead vocal by Timothy B. Schmit
Guitar solos by Glenn Frey (played by Don Felder in live performance)
Fender Rhodes Piano by Glenn Frey
Organ by Joe Walsh
"In the City" (Joe Walsh, Barry De Vorzon) – 3:46
Lead vocal by Joe Walsh
Slide guitar by Joe Walsh
"The Disco Strangler" (Don Felder, Henley, Frey) – 2:46
Lead vocal by Don Henley
"King of Hollywood" (Henley, Frey) – 6:28
Lead vocals by Don Henley & Glenn Frey
First guitar solo by Glenn Frey
Second guitar solo by Don Felder
End guitar solo by Joe Walsh

Side two

"Heartache Tonight" (Henley, Frey, Bob Seger, J.D. Souther) – 4:27
Lead vocal by Glenn Frey
Slide guitar by Joe Walsh
"Those Shoes" (Felder, Henley, Frey) – 4:57
Lead vocal by Don Henley
Talk box guitars by Joe Walsh & Don Felder
Solo by Joe Walsh
"Teenage Jail" (Henley, Frey, Souther) – 3:44
Lead vocals by Glenn Frey & Don Henley
Synthesizer solo by Glenn Frey
Guitar solo by Don Felder
"The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks" (Henley, Frey) – 2:21
Lead vocal by Don Henley
Background vocals by "The Monstertones" featuring Jimmy Buffett
"The Sad Café" (Henley, Frey, Walsh, Souther) – 5:35
Lead vocal by Don Henley
Guitar solo by Don Felder
Alto saxophone by David Sanborn

51HFXjt%2BETL.jpg

The Essential Mary Chapin Carpenter -- CD

Mary Chapin Carpenter

2003 Columbia Legacy

Insightful, beautifully compiled collection, May 8, 2004
By james d. leverton (San Marcos, Ca United States) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Essential Mary Chapin Carpenter (Audio CD)
If there is an ultimate Mary Chapin Carpenter album, "The Essential Mary Chapin Carpenter" is it: a beautifully compiled collection that consists not only of Carpenter's biggest hits, but an astonishing selection of the best songs she's ever written.

How insightful is the song selection on this disc? You expect Grammy-winning hits like "I Feel Lucky" and "Down at the Twist and Shout" to be included. But brilliantly written album gems like "Only a Dream" and "Halley Came to Jackson" would normally be excluded in order to include a hit or two from her lesser albums, such as "A Place in the World," which is unrepresented here. Care was even taken to showcase the two best tracks from the tragically hitless "Time*Sex*Love*": "Late for Your Life" and "The Long Way Home." And then there's quite possibly the best vocal performance of her career, the majestic "10,000 Miles" from the film "Fly Away Home."

My only complaint? Where is Carpenter's poetic and beautiful masterpiece, "This Shirt," from "State of the Heart," which is frequently cited by fans and critics alike as quite possibly the best song she has ever written? (Which is saying a lot for this particular songwriter.) But this is a small quibble considering the terrific material that is presented.

In short, anyone wishing to be introduced to this vital and important singer/songwriter need look no further than this brilliant collection, which eclipses her previous greatest hits collection "Party Doll and other Favorites." Thank you, Columbia Records, for doing right by an artist of tremendous taste and integrity. She deserves it, and you did her proud.

Track listing

1. Stones In The Road
2. Long Way Home
3. Shut Up And Kiss Me
4. I Take My Chances
5. I Feel Lucky
6. Almost Home
7. Halley Came To Jackson
8. I Am A Town
9. Quittin' Time
10. Down At The Twist And Shout
11. He Thinks He'll Keep Her
12. Only A Dream
13. Late For Your Life
14. Hard Way
15. Passionate Kisses
16. 10000 Miles

Good Rainy Day Music....

2d6379edd7a0af33463e6110.L.jpg

All My Tomorrows -- CD

Grover Washington, Jr.

1994 Columbia Records

The Art of Attraction In Song, February 24, 2006
By Marty Nickison II (Austintown, OH) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

This review is from: All My Tomorrows (Audio CD)

A fine melot wine. A candlelight italian dinner. The sound of the wind softly gliding against the moonlight sky. Two loves sharing the aroma of romance over a specially prepared dinner; and the music in the background moves them to dance, not like before, but as a celebration---a homecomming for two drifting souls.

What is playing? All My Tomorrows by Grover Washington, Jr.

Firstly, I must say that this album shocked me. At a time when I was only into smooth jazz (and some Miles Davis), a store owner recommended this particular album to me. He said it would match my tastes in jazz (at that time, Gearld Albright, David Sandborn, Bob James, Kirk Whalum, etc). When I took this tape home, I just didn't get it!

Primary listening evaluations led me to categorize this as "The Cosby Show-type Jazz" (along the lines of Quincy Jones' The Ballad of Chet Kindaid) and that it was created for older minds. Now, 10 years later; I appreciate this music for what it is.

This album is a slow-romance masterpiece. All the tempos are slow, the musical timbre is soft, and the presetation is subtle and detailed. Grover quiets his horn (as a sidenote, read the linter notes as he discusses his embrechure lessons from Eddie Harris) and allows for extended breathing techniques in his music. The texture of the music is rippled and the overall presentation is excellent.

I think this album belongs in every romantic's collection. I keep this album at home and in the car (next to Anita Baker and Luther Vandross). It's a soft and slow drift from the noise of the day to a somber and seductive place of mind that only lover's know of.

If you have this album, also purchase:

Merry Go Round, Freddy Cole
When I Fall In Love, Nat "king" Cole
I Just Dropped By To Say Hello, Johnny Hartman
Johnny Hartman and John Coltrane
The Billie Holiday Songbook, Terence Blanchard and Janine Bryson
Aria, Grover Washington (with Terence Blanchard)

The music is subtley seductive; what can I say?

E Preciso Perdoar - Grover Washington, Jr., Costa, C. Coqueijo
When I Fall in Love - Grover Washington, Jr., Heyman, Edward
I'm Glad There Is You - Grover Washington, Jr., Dorsey, Jimmy
Happenstance - Grover Washington, Jr., Washington, G. Jr.
All My Tomorrows - Grover Washington, Jr., Cahn, Sammy
Nature Boy - Grover Washington, Jr., Ahbez, E.
Please Send Me Someone to Love - Grover Washington, Jr., Mayfield, Percy
Overjoyed - Grover Washington, Jr., Wonder, S.
Flamingo - Grover Washington, Jr., Anderson, Edmund
For Heaven's Sake - Grover Washington, Jr., Bretton, E.
Estate ("Ess-Tah-Tay") (In Summer) - Grover Washington, Jr., Brighetti, B.

As I've been on my Flogging Molly kick for the past 3 weeks, with the concert and all, I downloaded the Pandora app for my phone and typed in Flogging Molly for the style of music and this played... Mumford and Sons- Song> Little Lion Man Album> Sigh no More. I went out and bought their CD and instantly have a new SQ reference disc.

Very well recorded and very Dynamic, from the subtle sound of their fingers sliding up/down the guitar strings to the lower notes of the stand up bass. The sound reminds me of Dave Mathews, Kings of Leon with a pinch of an Irish accent.

Mumford-Sons-Sigh-No-More.jpg

aa45225b9da09953c33e1110.L.jpg

Prisoner In Disguise -- CD

Linda Ronstadt

1975/1990 Asylum Records

Amazon.com essential recording

"Hey mister, that's me up on the jukebox," Linda Ronstadt sings on her 1975 album Prisoner in Disguise, and it was no idle boast. The album yielded two of her finest singles, thanks to the retooled Motown classics "Heat Wave" and "Tracks of My Tears." The album's support material is just as strong, ranging from a banjo-strumming version of Neil Young's "Love Is a Rose" to a plaintive pop reading of Jimmy Cliff's reggae classic "Many Rivers to Cross." There's also a simple but lovely cover of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" that predates Whitney Houston's glass-shattering take on it (for the movie The Bodyguard) by more than a decade and a half. One thing about Ronstadt and producer-manager Peter Asher: they knew good material when they heard it and almost always turned it into something truly special. --Daniel Durchholz

"Love Is a Rose" (Neil Young) – 2:46
"Hey Mister, That's Me Up On the Jukebox" (James Taylor) – 3:56
"Roll Um Easy" (Lowell George) (also playing slide guitar) – 2:58
"Tracks of My Tears" (Warren "Pete" Moore/William "Smokey" Robinson Jr./Marvin Tarplin) – 3:12
"Prisoner in Disguise" (J. D. Souther) (also singing harmony) – 3:54
"Heat Wave" (Lamont Dozier/Brian Holland/Eddie Holland) – 2:46
"Many Rivers to Cross" (Jimmy Cliff) – 4:05
"The Sweetest Gift" (featuring Emmylou Harris on harmony vocals) (James B. Coats) – 3:00
"You Tell Me That I'm Falling Down" (featuring Wendy Waldman on harmony vocals) (C. S. Holland/Anna McGarrigle) – 3:17
"I Will Always Love You" (Dolly Parton) – 3:00
"Silver Blue" (J. D. Souther) (also singing harmony) – 3:03

7851810ae7a0cd4787a3a110.L.jpg

Longing In Their Hearts -- CD

Bonnie Raitt

1994 Capitol Records

Bonnie is as good as usual, June 6, 2001
By G. Sawaged (Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

This review is from: Longing in Their Hearts (Audio CD)

Bonnie Raitt has made another good album. It contains a good dose of her trademark blues/rock, as well as softer ballads such as "You" and "Dimming of the day". The latter is a particular favourite of mine. More of a country sound than a rock sound, nevertheless, it is beautiful. Bonnie Raitt is truly a gifted musician, that can sing, play and write...would that there be more like her. The 16 page booklet contains all lyrics. Recommended for any fan of Clapton, Healey, Vaughn. If you like them, you will be sure to like Bonnie.

"Love Sneakin' up on You" (Little Jimmy Scott, Tom Snow) – 3:41
"Longing in Their Hearts" (Michael O'Keefe, Raitt) – 4:48
"You" (John Shanks, Bob Thiele, Tonio K.) – 4:27
"Cool, Clear Water" (Raitt) – 5:27
"Circle Dance" (Raitt) – 4:11
"I Sho Do" (Billy Always, Mabon "Teenie" Hodges) – 3:38
"Dimming of the Day" (Richard Thompson) – 3:39
"Feeling of Falling" (Raitt) – 6:17
"Steal Your Heart Away" (Paul Brady) – 5:44
"Storm Warning" (Terry Britten, Lea Maalfrid) – 4:31
"Hell to Pay" (Raitt) – 4:03
"Shadow of Doubt" (Gary Nicholson) – 4:26

a2e3f0cdd7a04fd4e92d7110.L.jpg

Prairie Wind -- CD :text-bravo:

Neil Young

2005 Reprise Records

Amazon.com

An artist for all musical seasons, Neil Young returns to autumnal harvest mode on Prairie Wind, with homespun material and sing-song melodies that renew the spirit of some of his most popular releases. Yet the mood here is darker in its maturity than on Harvest and Harvest Moon--the previous releases in what now sounds like a trilogy--and the arrangements have greater range and aural depth, with Wayne Jackson of the soulful Memphis Horns, the Fisk University Jubilee Singers gospel choir, and a string section employed to striking effect. This is a song cycle of dreams, memories, family ties, and the passage of time--what is lost and what endures. The elliptical, epic "No Wonder," with its evocation of 9/11, ranks with the most ambitious songs of Young's career, while "Falling Off the Face of the Earth," "It's a Dream," and the bluesy title cut combine childlike innocence with unsettling experience. Spooner Oldham's church keyboards and coproducer Ben Keith's steel guitar reinforce the sound's sturdy simplicity. Young has released a lot of albums in different musical styles, but Prairie Wind feels like a homecoming, and ranks with his very best. --Don McLeese

"The Painter" – 4:36
"No Wonder" – 5:45
"Falling Off the Face of the Earth" – 3:35
"Far From Home" – 3:47
"It's a Dream" – 6:31
"Prairie Wind" – 7:34
"Here for You" – 4:32
"This Old Guitar" – 5:32
"He Was the King" – 6:08
"When God Made Me" – 4:05

abb8c060ada0c94722cba110.L.jpg

All This Time -- CD

Sting

2001 A&M Records

Amazon.com

Give Sting credit for craftily averting the downside of worldwide pop stardom: finding yourself at 50 playing decades-old hits at some dusty state fair. The trick, of course, is to have your artistic cake and eat it, too; and that's just what the singer has done--reinvented himself first as a coolly crooning jazz head, then infused that sensibility with some spiritually vague Euro-trance affectations. Sting's Brand New Day touring band languorously reworks 15 songs before a couple hundred handpicked fans during a moonlit Tuscan evening--it's a live shot that feels funkier and less self-conscious than its '80s predecessor, Bring on the Night. While familiar solo-career nuggets like "Set Them Free," "Fields of Gold," and "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" have insightful new shadings, it's the sparingly doled Police hits that seem rebuilt from the ground up; "Don't Stand So Close to Me" and "Roxanne" are now hued with sad cellos and weary vocals hinting that even sexual tension eventually leads to fatigue. Tasteful, spare, and nearly performance-perfect, ...All This Time is still a far cry from the jazz of Ella Fitzgerald and Mel Torme, and if you hear a quiet, English-accented chuckle behind you in line at the bank, don't turn around. --Jerry McCulley

"Fragile" - 4:35
"A Thousand Years" (Kipper, Sting) - 3:02
"Perfect Love...Gone Wrong" - 4:11
"All This Time" - 5:20
"The Hounds of Winter" - 4:29
"Mad About You" (not included on the US edition)
"Don't Stand So Close to Me" - 2:15
"When We Dance" - 4:52
"Dienda" (Kenny Kirkland, Sting) - 3:12
"Roxanne" - 3:36
"If You Love Somebody Set Them Free" - 4:57
"Brand New Day" - 4:46
"Fields of Gold" - 3:50
"Moon over Bourbon Street" - 2:55
"If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" - 4:31
"Every Breath You Take" - 5:04

Dennie said:

All This Time -- CD

Sting

Dennie, don't know if you know the story behind this one, it's worth repeating here as it isn't mentioned in the Amazon writeup at all.
This is the concert soundtrack of a documentary filmed for this performance (on DVD/stereo). The rehearsals, behind-the-scenes were all recorded in Sting's Italian house (well, castle) and the concert was in his "backyard". I fell in love with his lifestyle, fresh italian produce growing everywhere, beautiful castle, and a private chef to cook for him and his wife (believe they were both vegans).
As they were preparing for their local concert, they watched TV in the family room that afternoon. The afternoon of Sept 11, 2001. The US attacks really f*cked them all up; the concert itself was abbreviated and much more somber than the rehearsals.
If you don't have the video, I highly recommend it. Sobering stuff...
(I just popped it into the Oppo for the night; take care, guys!)

Botch said:
Dennie said:

All This Time -- CD

Sting

Dennie, don't know if you know the story behind this one, it's worth repeating here as it isn't mentioned in the Amazon writeup at all.
This is the concert soundtrack of a documentary filmed for this performance (on DVD/stereo). The rehearsals, behind-the-scenes were all recorded in Sting's Italian house (well, castle) and the concert was in his "backyard". I fell in love with his lifestyle, fresh italian produce growing everywhere, beautiful castle, and a private chef to cook for him and his wife (believe they were both vegans).
As they were preparing for their local concert, they watched TV in the family room that afternoon. The afternoon of Sept 11, 2001. The US attacks really f*cked them all up; the concert itself was abbreviated and much more somber than the rehearsals.
If you don't have the video, I highly recommend it. Sobering stuff...
(I just popped it into the Oppo for the night; take care, guys!)

We have this concert on DVD and it brings goose bumps to us every time that we watch it.

I was a young kid in NY watching the World Trade Towers being built........... This concert is great even with the cloud overhanging it.

Back