• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

img_1_pr.jpg

The Fillmore Concerts -- 2 CD Box Set

The Allman Brothers Band

1971/1992 Polygram Records

For those who want MORE Fillmore, May 22, 2002
By Muddy Moe (Plano, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fillmore Concerts (Audio CD)
Let me try to address some stuff not emphasized in other reviews:

1) Yeah, it lives up to the hype. Unless you don't like jam songs or blues at all, you should love it. 90% of blues rock bores me silly and I still love this. It's exceptional music and is rightfully placed in Amazon's "Essential" camp.

2) Do you need the Fillmore Concerts over the shorter/cheaper Fillmore East? Maybe. It's chief advantage is it's longer. Also, the mix is more balanced, which bothers some because the guitars are less prominent. I prefer it. The rhythm section, especially Berry Oakley, is too often overlooked in reviews of this album and they are just as important as the guitar players to the music. More casual fans may prefer the shorter/cheaper "Fillmore East" album, which contains the choicest cuts.

3) Two tracks, "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" and "You Don't Love Me" are pieced together digitally from multiple takes. The result is very pleasing music indeed, but some may be bothered by this digital manipulation of a so called "live" song. It's still "live," in a certain sense, but manipulated to include the producer's best picks from both takes. I should point out MOST (literally) live albums contain some studio manipulation. The original Fillmore East contained whole tracks; not digitally pieced together. I'll let you decide if this bothers you or not. I cannot hear any splicing. They did a good job blending the takes but I would have preferred whole takes.

4) If you don't have any Allman Brother's Band (ABB) albums, start with this or Fillmore East (the shorter/cheaper version). If you don't like this, you won't like ABB at all. But, don't worry . . . you will like it.

The Fillmore Concerts

Disc 1
1. Statesboro Blues (McTell) - 4:15
2. Trouble No More (Waters) - 3:46
3. Don't Keep Me Wonderin' (Allman) - 3:20
4. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed (Betts) - 12:59
5. One Way Out (James / Schorn / Williamson) - 4:55
6. Done Somebody Wrong (James / Levy / Lewis) - 4:11
7. Stormy Monday (Walker) - 10:19
8. You Don't Love Me (Cobbs) - 19:24

Disc 2
1. Hot 'Lanta (Allman / Allman / Betts / Johanson / Oakley / Trucks) - 5:11
2. Whipping Post (Allman) - 22:37
3. Mountain Jam (Duane Allman / Gregg Allman /
Betts / Donovan / Johanson / Oakley / Trucks) - 33:47
4. Drunken Hearted Boy (Bishop) - 7:33

Dennie said:
Rope said:
That is a great album cover!!!
:text-bravo:

Dennie
I first heard about this album in last Sunday's paper, they had cropped the image so only two hands showed! :doh: Gotta love zion....

Dennie said:
That is a great album....and he was married to Maria! :text-bravo:

p03089n40g0.jpg

mariamauldor.jpg

Dennie
I was wondering that earlier!
Midnight at the Oasis...
Send your camel to bed...

Tasty, tasty shit! :handgestures-thumbup:

241531_1_f.jpg

Been All Around This World -- HDCD

Jerry Garcia and David Grisman

2004 Acoustic Disc - 100% Hand Made Music
Amazon.com

This (possibly) final installment in the Garcia/Grisman series leans heavily on a country music repertoire, as the pair tackles tracks by Jimmie Rodgers, Merle Travis (a jazzed-up "Nine Pound Hammer"), George Jones, Mel Tillis (a bluesy, gently shuffling "I Ain't Never"), and Freddie Hart. They also make detours into the realms of traditional folk, reggae (Jimmy Cliff's "Sittin' Here in Limbo"), soul (Garcia's passionate run through James Brown's "I'll Go Crazy" gets an E for effort), and Bob Dylan (a delightfully understated "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"). Sure, Garcia's vocal cords might have seen better days, but you can never find fault with his heartfelt, emotionally captivating singing. The picking here is tasteful and low-key, and the overall result is a warm, relaxed stroll through the duo's many musical influences. --Marc Greilsamer
1. Been All Around this World
2. I'll Go Crazy
3. Take Me
4. Handsome Cabin Boy
5. The Ballad of Frankie Lee
6. I'm Troubled
7. Blue Yodel #9
8. Nine Pound Hammer
9. I Ain't Never
10. Sittin Here in Limbo
11. Dark as a Dungeon
12. Drink Up and Go Home

Botch said:
Dennie said:
Rope said:
That is a great album cover!!!
:text-bravo:

Dennie
I first heard about this album in last Sunday's paper, they had cropped the image so only two hands showed! :doh: Gotta love zion....

10 year olds read newspapers too, ya know. You just can be too safe in the iniquity ridden den we live in, specifically, Happy Valley. Their talking about profanity police sos we don't say crap, darn, or frickin. We'll all be saved by BYU (Big Yellow Uterus) standards. :liar:

Rope

BTW, it's a good listen, also, however, it is still on trial.

album-meet-me-at-midnite.jpg

Meet Me At Midnite -- CD :handgestures-thumbup:

Maria Muldaur

1994 Black Top Records

Wisely, Shout! Factory has picked up Maria Muldaur's two early-'90s recordings -- this one and Louisiana Love Call -- from the defunct Black Top label for reissue. While both these recordings are excellent, it's Meet Me at Midnite that offers a portrait of the artist as a hardcore R&B singer of the highest order. Produced by John Porter, Muldaur surrounds herself with crack studio players including Rick Vito, Johnny Lee Schell, Hutch Hutchinson, Bill Payne, and a slew of others. Where Louisiana Love Call focused on the music of New Orleans, Meet Me at Midnite digs deep into various dimensions of the Memphis sound -- soul, R&B, and blues -- and concentrates on the myriad stages and phases of love. While it's true that the set opens with "Trouble With My Lover" by the Crescent City's Allen Toussaint, its vibe is pure Memphis: funky, dirty grooves, packed in a tight cut-time beat and Muldaur shouting the blues with a big, clear ringing voice that wrenches emotion from every syllable. Likewise, the title cut by Vito and John Herron crawls down into the blues alley with killer slide guitar riffs winding their way around Muldaur's seductive vocals. "Sweet Simple Love" is pure soul power. Muldaur's croon is affective, surrounded by a backing chorus that includes Tracy Nelson, stating her pure spiritually amorous intentions in front of a popping horn section and B-3 choogle. The gritty yet laid-back shimmy and funk of "Recovered Soul" bears the marks of all of Muldaur's strengths: steady yet emotive delivery, in-the-pocket rhythmic phrasing, and communicative in both range and articulation. In all, Meet Me at Midnite is one of those overlooked gems that got a second life. It's one of her strongest recordings; don't miss it. ~ Thom Jurek

Track listing

1. Trouble With My Lover
2. Meet Me at Midnight
3. Send the Man Back Home
4. Sweet Simple Love
5. Power in Music
6. Ease the Pain
7. Trouble With Love
8. Recovered Soul
9. Down So Love
10. Serve Somebody
11. Woman's Lament
12. Mississippi Muddy Water

f03ec060ada0785b67379110.L.jpg

Running On Empty -- CD

Jackson Browne

1977/1990 Elektra Records
Amazon.com

Recorded onstage, backstage, in three different hotel rooms, and on a Continental Silver Eagle tour bus during a cross-country 1977 tour, Running on Empty is a paean to life on the road. Jackson Browne's sense of camaraderie extended to the road crew, if "The Load Out," a love song to his roadies, is to be believed. Browne is much more blithe here than in his earlier outings. But Empty also represents a fleeting lighthearted moment for the singer-cum-poet whose concerns became more political than personal after its appearance. Beneath its flippant surface, this disc is a look at the lengths Browne and his friends went to avoid facing the demands of the touring life. What with the frequent drug references, misogynistic references to on-the-fly pairings with women, and the sobering line in the title track--"I look around for the friends I used to pull me through / Looking into their eyes, I see them running, too"--one realizes that Browne was much more comfortable on the road than off. --Jaan Uhelszki

1. "Running on Empty" (Browne) – 5:20
* Recorded live (8/27/77), Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
2. "The Road" (Danny O'Keefe) – 4:50
* Recorded in room 301 (8/27/77), Cross Keys Inn, Baltimore, MD (first — 2:58) and live (9/7/77), Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
3. "Rosie" (Browne, Donald Miller) – 3:37
* Recorded backstage (9/1/77) "in the big rehearsal room," Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
* Doug Haywood and tour photographer Joel Bernstein sing harmony.
4. "You Love the Thunder" (Browne) – 3:52
* Recorded live (9/6/77), Holmdel, NJ
5. "Cocaine" (Browne, Reverend Gary Davis, Glenn Frey) – 4:55
* Recorded in room 124 (8/17/77), Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, IL
6. "Shaky Town" (Danny Kortchmar) – 3:36
* Recorded in room 124 (8/18/77), Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, IL
* Danny Kortchmar sings harmony.
7. "Love Needs a Heart" (Browne, Valerie Carter, Lowell George) – 3:28
* Recorded live (9/17/77), Universal City, CA
8. "Nothing but Time" (Browne, Howard Burke) – 3:05
* Recorded "on a bus (a Continental Silver Eagle) somewhere in New Jersey" (9/8/77)
* Russ Kunkel is credited as playing "snare, hi-hat, and cardboard box with foot pedal." The song was recorded aboard the band's Continental Silver Eagle tour bus (hence the lyrical reference to "Silver Eagle") while en route from Portland, Maine to their next gig in New Jersey. The bus's engine is audible in the background throughout, and its downshift and acceleration can be plainly heard during the bridge.
9. "The Load-Out" (Browne, Bryan Garofalo) – 5:38
10. "Stay" (Maurice Williams) – 3:28

61Sj0pPwG3L.jpg

Fleetwood Mac -- CD :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Fleetwood Mac

1975/1990 Rhino Records
Amazon.com

Given their monumental legacy, it's hard to imagine that the so-called "classic edition" of Fleetwood Mac essentially came together casually over chips and margaritas at an L.A. eatery; the then-obscure duo of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks (whose own mid-'70s debut album had initially gone almost straight to the cut-out bins) became the crucial axis of the legendary band without so much as a formal audition. As the eponymous title suggests, the 1975 Mac realignment seems like a fresh start, though tracks like Christine McVie's smooth-jazz inflected "Warm Ways" hearken back to the Bob Welch/Bare Trees/Heroes Are Hard to Find era. But it's Buckingham's compelling, updated take on '60s California folk-pop, informed by the mystique of Nicks's proto-New Age song-sorceress presumptions, that breathed new life into the veteran, chameleonic band on now-familiar songs like "Monday Morning" and "Rhiannon." His chemistry with McVie is no less powerful, yielding such Mac staples as their collaboration "World Turning" and suffusing her "Over My Head" with nervous, insistent guitar rhythms. This deluxe, remastered edition features the significantly different single mixes of "Say You Love Me," "Rhiannon," "Over My Head," and "Blue Letter" (the latter previously unissued), as well as the moody, also unreleased studio workout "Jam #2." Parke Puterbaugh's newly penned liner notes offer concise, thoughtful insights into the genesis of one of rock's greatest, if most unlikely, rebirths. --Jerry McCulley

1. "Monday Morning" (Lindsey Buckingham) – 2:48
2. "Warm Ways" (Christine McVie) – 3:54
3. "Blue Letter" (Rick Curtis, Mike Curtis) – 2:41
4. "Rhiannon" (Stevie Nicks) – 4:11
5. "Over My Head" (C. McVie) – 3:38
6. "Crystal" (Nicks) – 5:14
7. "Say You Love Me" (C. McVie) – 4:11
8. "Landslide" (Nicks) – 3:19
9. "World Turning" (Buckingham, C. McVie) – 4:25
10. "Sugar Daddy" (C. McVie) – 4:10
11. "I'm So Afraid" (Buckingham) – 4:22

7363225b9da033e0b490d010.L.jpg

Traffic From Paradise -- CD

Rickie Lee Jones

1993 Geffen Records

Amazon.com

Traffic from Paradise is cause for celebration, for it contains flashes of Rickie Lee Jones' old alchemy, which turned beat poetry into pop hooks. Few melodies are as captivating as the one Jones sings against the skeletal acoustic guitar and bass backdrop of ""Stewart's Coat.'' On the uptempo, swing-folk ""Jolie Jolie,'' another nothing-held-back love song, her mumbly voice bends notes and smears them like a muted jazz trumpet. On her version of David Bowie's ""Rebel Rebel," she brings out the wounded insecurity lurking in the heart of every nonconformist. Traffic from Paradise is only the second album of original songs from Jones in 10 years, and the singer credits Leo Kottke for jumpstarting her stalled interested in songwriting. Kottke cowrote two of the new album's songs and plays guitar on six of them. --Geoffrey Himes

1. "Pink Flamingos" – 6:31
2. "Altar Boy" – 2:27
3. "Stewart's Coat" – 4:31
4. "Beat Angels" (Sal Bernardi) – 4:11
5. "Tigers" – 5:48
6. "Rebel Rebel" (David Bowie) – 4:39
7. "Jolie Jolie" – 4:26
8. "Running From Mercy" (Jones, Leo Kottke) – 6:01
9. "A Stranger's Car" – 2:53
10. "The Albatross" (Jones, Kottke, John Leftwich) – 3:12

c60c4310fca01440d9982010.L.jpg

Classics Volume 8 -- CD :handgestures-thumbup: If your into Folk music... :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Joan Baez

1990 A&M Records

Album notes

This 1987 best-of compiles the work from A&M efforts that marked a stylistic change from her Vanguard years, yet a pretty consistent level of success. Relying on the work of other artists seemed to be more hit and miss during the A&M era. In Baez's interpretations of songs like Bob Dylan's "Simple Twist of Fate" and "Forever Young" and John Lennon's "Imagine," her pitch-perfect tone might strike some as unemotional, but her singing is engrossing nonetheless. Not surprisingly, Baez sounds the best here with the tracks that deviate from weighty issues. "Gracias a la Vida" (sung in Spanish) and the haunting "Di Da" (with Joni Mitchell) have her giving off more charm and emotion than usual. "Children and All That Jazz," from her best-selling 1975 album Diamonds & Rust, has a gorgeous, heavily produced '70s L.A. pop/rock style that suited her voice. Unlike many greatest-hit sets, Classics, Vol. 8 also offers strong live performances, including "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" and the CD closing "Amazing Grace." Classics, Vol. 8 has the strength of a regular release effort and more than captures the time frame and the artist it's spotlighting. ~ Jason Elias

Track listing

1. Diamonds and Rust
2. Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
3. Simple Twist of Fate
4. Imagine
5. In the Quiet Morning
6. Best of Friends
7. Forever Young
8. Prison Trilogy
9. Jesse
10. Children and All That Jazz
11. Please Come to Boston
12. Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer
13. Gracias a la Vida
14. Sweeter For Me
15. Love Song to a Stranger
16. Amazing Grace

Happy Autumnal Equinox Everyone!! :teasing-tease:

7b6c820dd7a013a89098d010.L.jpg

John Roach

for National Geographic News

Published September 22, 2010

For the first time since 1991, the full moon will shed light on the beginning of fall—the Northern Hemisphere's autumnal equinox, which in 2010 officially begins Wednesday at 11:13 pm ET.

"The full moon closest to the September equinox [is] the traditional definition of the harvest moon," said Alan MacRobert, an amateur astronomer and senior editor at Sky & Telescope magazine in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

"And you can't get any closer to the September equinox than this."
The moon is set to rise on the autumnal equinox at 6:27 p.m. ET, though—sticklers, take note—it won't officially be full until 5:17 am ET on September 23, a handful of hours past the start of fall.

Dennie :eusa-clap:

5a30828fd7a0462ef4113110.L.jpg

Harvest Moon -- CD :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Neil Young

1992 Reprise Records

When Neil Young seems about to zig, he zags. Two years after 1990's loud Ragged Glory, he retreats to an old world of steel guitars, gentle folk melodies, and pristine country choruses. (That's Linda Ronstadt, who helped make 1972's Harvest a hit album, singing backup on the follow-up.) Young name-drops Hank Williams, Jimi Hendrix, and his old dog, King, in rich reminiscences about the musical ride he and his fans have shared since the late '60s. The album, as Young sings in "One of These Days," is "a long letter to all the good friends I've known." --Steve Knopper

All tracks written by Neil Young.

1. "Unknown Legend" – 4:32
2. "From Hank to Hendrix" – 5:12
3. "You and Me" – 3:45
4. "Harvest Moon" – 5:03
5. "War of Man" – 5:41
6. "One of These Days" – 4:55
7. "Such a Woman" – 4:36
8. "Old King" – 2:57
9. "Dreamin' Man" – 4:36
10. "Natural Beauty" (recorded live, 1992) – 10:22

I really like Diana Krall in a Threesome! :text-bravo:

Woops! Wrong Forum, how embarrassing... :text-imsorry:

Cough, cough.....ahh...TRIO yeah, that's what I meant! TRIO! :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

31a9eb6709a0560061f51110.L.jpg

Love Scenes -- CD :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :eusa-clap:

Diana Krall

1997 GRP Records

Amazon.com essential recording

Like a mink draped over mahogany, Diana Krall's luxuriously supple alto adorns the vintage songs of romance and longing found on Love Scenes with a palpable aura of glamour and late-night cool. Her ostensibly effortless command of phrasing and intonation, whether the mood is seduction or a sweet sassiness, further fortifies the opinion that the Canadian vocalist-pianist possesses one of the great female jazz voices to surface in the late 1990s. Augmented by spare but skillful instrumentation from bassist Christian McBride and guitarist Russell Malone, Krall sustains a largely quiet (though hardly sleepy) ambience throughout the CD's 12 selections, from Irving Berlin's "How Deep Is the Ocean (How High Is the Sky)," which she also uses as a showcase for her touch at the keyboard, to Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away from Me." Her swing is artfully subdued ("All or Nothing at All"), and her wry, expressive approach to "Peel Me a Grape" is pure charm. Yet Krall shines most luminously on languid gems such as "I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You" and "Garden in the Rain." Anyone in search of an album ideal for watching city lights at 2 a.m. should keep Love Scenes in mind. --Terry Wood

1. "All or Nothing at All" (Arthur Altman, Jack Lawrence) – 4:35
2. "Peel Me a Grape" (Dave Frishberg) – 5:52
3. "I Don't Know Enough About You" (Dave Barbour, Peggy Lee) – 4:01
4. "I Miss You So" (Jimmy Henderson, Sydney Robin, Bertha Scott) – 4:42
5. "They Can't Take That Away from Me" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) – 5:39
6. "Lost Mind" (Percy Mayfield) – 3:48
7. "I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You" (Bing Crosby, Ned Washington, Victor Young) – 6:14
8. "You're Getting to Be a Habit With Me" (Al Dubin, Harry Warren) – 2:14
9. "Gentle Rain" (Luiz Bonfá, Matt Dubey) – 4:55
10. "How Deep Is the Ocean (How High Is the Sky)" (Irving Berlin) – 4:45
11. "My Love Is" (Billy Myles) – 3:26
12. "Garden in the Rain" (James Dyrenforth, Carroll Gibbons) – 4:56

* Diana Krall - piano, vocals :handgestures-thumbup:
* Russell Malone - guitar :handgestures-thumbup:
* Christian McBride - bass :handgestures-thumbup:

6d0262e89da0ef8d1c755110.L.png

Feels Like Home -- CD

Norah Jones

2004 Blue Note Records
Amazon.com

Norah Jones blew everybody away with her jazzy, country-tinged, Grammy-winning debut CD, Come Away with Me. On this recording, Jones doesn't mess with her trademark formula. Under Arif Mardin's cozy coproduction, Jones is supported by her writing partners, her Handsome Band, and some special guests (country legend Dolly Parton, Levon Helm and Garth Hudson of the Band, and jazz drummer Brian Blade, to name a few). Jones's Texas-twanged vocals and her sparse acoustic and electric Wurlitzer piano lines enliven the CD's 13 tracks, from the light and lively single "Sunrise" to Tom Waits's "The Long Way Home" and the bouncy duet with Parton, "Creepin' In." Jones's soul-baring piano/vocal rendition of Duke Ellington's "Melancholia," retitled "Don't Miss You at All," proves she's a true Blue Note artist with unlimited potential. --Eugene Holley Jr.
1. "Sunrise" Norah Jones, Lee Alexander 3:20
2. "What Am I to You?" Norah Jones 3:29
3. "Those Sweet Words" Lee Alexander, Richard Julian 3:22
4. "Carnival Town" Norah Jones, Lee Alexander 3:12
5. "In the Morning" Adam Levy 4:07
6. "Be Here to Love Me" Townes Van Zandt 3:28
7. "Creepin' In" Lee Alexander 3:03
8. "Toes" Norah Jones, Lee Alexander 3:46
9. "Humble Me" Kevin Breit 4:36
10. "Above Ground" Andrew Borger, Daru Oda 3:43
11. "The Long Way Home" Kathleen Brennan, Tom Waits 3:13
12. "The Prettiest Thing" Norah Jones, Lee Alexander, Richard Julian 3:51
13. "Don't Miss You at All" Norah Jones, Duke Ellington 3:06

de36810ae7a02ac3e059c110.L.jpg

Hell Freezes Over -- CD

Eagles

1994 Geffen Records
Amazon.com

Indeed, there were many who thought that it would take an event as cataclysmic as the one described in the album title to get these seminal '70s soft-rockers back together. But here they are, revisiting some of their most beloved tunes as well as four new ones, on this mostly live, largely acoustic disc. Frey, Henley, Walsh, Schmit, and Felder tackle iconic Eagles standards like "Hotel California," "Tequila Sunrise," "Take It Easy," "Desperado," and "Life in the Fast Lane" and new tunes like "Get Over It" and "Love Will Keep Us Alive" with the smoothly cocky assurance that originally made them icons. --Scott Schinder

1. Get Over It
2. Love Will Keep Us Alive
3. The Girl From Yesterday
4. Learn To Be Still
5. Tequila Sunrise
6. Hotel California
7. Wasted Time
8. Pretty Maids All In A Row
9. I Can't Tell You Why
10. New York Minute
11. The Last Resort
12. Take It Easy
13. In The City
14. Life In The Fast Lane
15. Desperado

41TE7G6CNQL._SL500_.jpg

The Best Of Doug Kershaw -- CD

Doug Kershaw

1989 Warner Bros. Records

Very good!!,
April 9, 2005
By D. Iversen - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Best of (Audio CD)

I have been a fan of country and zydeco for as long as I can remember. I actually heard Mr. Kershaw when I was in Louisiana not to long ago and I instantly liked what I heard. If you are a fan of country or zydeco, I would definately recommend this album.

Track listing

1. Diggy Diggy Lo
2. You Don't Want My Love
3. Louisiana Man
4. It Takes All Day (To Get Over Night)
5. Mamou Two Step
6. Jambalaya (On the Bayou)
7. Hippy Ti Yo
8. Mama's Got the Know How
9. My Sally Jo (Had Not Been For)
10. I'm Walkin'

0031225b9da0ee29cb7af010.L.jpg

Greatest Hits -- CD

Simply Red

1996 EastWest Records

Amazon.com

Pop-soulful in an archaic, '60s manner; mildly provocative at the time of their appearance due to singer Mick Hucknall's uncloseted status; Simply Red are global superstars masquerading as an urban sophisticate cult item. Fans from the U.K. and other countries already know this. But in the States we don't quite believe that a group like this can be suave without being cheesy. America, here's your proof once again: the No. 1 smashes "Holding Back the Years" and "If You Don't Know Me by Now," packed with a smattering of overseas chart hits. But where's "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye?" If you like this one, also try Picture Book, the band's 1985 debut. --Gavin McNett

1. "Holding Back The Years" (Mick Hucknall/Neil Moss) - 4:12
2. "Money's Too Tight To Mention" (John Valentine/William Valentine) - 4:29
3. "The Right Thing" (Hucknall) - 4:22
4. "It's Only Love" (Jimmy Cameron/Vella Cameron) - 3:52
5. "A New Flame" (Hucknall) - 3:58
6. "You've Got It" (Hucknall/Lamont Dozier) - 3:58
7. "If You Don't Know Me By Now" (Kenny Gamble/Leon Huff) - 3:26
8. "Stars" (Hucknall) - 4:08
9. "Something Got Me Started" (Hucknall/Fritz McIntyre) - 4:00
10. "Thrill Me" (Hucknall/McIntyre) - 5:04
11. "Your Mirror" (Hucknall) - 4:00
12. "For Your Babies" (Hucknall) - 4:18
13. "So Beautiful" (Hucknall) - 5:00
14. "Angel" (Carolyn Franklin/Sonny Saunders) - 4:01
15. "Fairground" (Hucknall) - 4:27

Dennie said:
41TE7G6CNQL._SL500_.jpg

The Best Of Doug Kershaw -- CD
Ah, I gotta pick this one up, he was a wild man! He used to use this trick of removing the frog from his bow, threading it between his G and D strings, and his A & E strings, reattaching it to the bow, and then playing all four strings at the same time! :handgestures-thumbup:

Back