• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

PaulyT said:
I've ordered both that Wilson/Gershwin and the Metheny/Trio (which you can get for like $6 from amazon!)...

Dennie, I have 15 - yes fifteen - Shirley Horn albums. :shock: Amazon used is your friend.

You made me curious, so I checked my invoice. I paid $4 for the 2 CD set in LN condition.

Dennie

Dennie said:
I paid $4 for the 2 CD set in LN condition.
Nice going Dennie. You just made yourself an enemy. Don't sleep with your eyes closed tonight. :laughing:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PaulyT said:
Damn, yeah I'd have thousands of albums too with someone like that nextdoor!

He's not nextdoor, Thank Goodness! I would be bankrupt! :eek: LOL 4 blocks away is just far enough that I usually don't go over to his house, 'cause when I do, I always leave with a box load and a empty wallet. :shock:

I've only bought a couple hundred records from him. He has quite a collection and most of it is for sale. But I try to stay with CD's, as they are easier to store, sorta. :roll:

Dennie

Zing said:
Dennie said:
I paid $4 for the 2 CD set in LN condition.
Nice going Dennie. You just made yourself an enemy. Don't sleep with your eyes closed tonight. :laughing:

Who's got time to sleep? I've got music to listen too!!! :!:

Dennie

Dennie said:
But I try to stay with CD's, as they are easier to store, sorta. :roll:

Yeah, I'm nearing the limit of the 1200-CD case I got like 10 years ago... it was only 3/4 full until these past few years. Not exactly thousands, but it's definitely expanded a lot since I hooked up with you all.

I could be living in a mansion on the hill by now had I not "hooked up with you all" 4 years ago.

41W9KK43KDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not bad music actually... For you non-Buffy fans (I pity you), there's one episode that's basically a musical, sung by the regular cast, and most (all?) of the music is written by Joss Wheadon - the creator and main writer of the show. Anyway, I'm watching this episode now.

51ZAFh9kn0L._SS500_.jpg

Boss Guitar CD

Wes Montgomery

1963/1989 Riverside/Fantasy Records

Boss Guitar is an album by American jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery, released in 1963. It has been reissued by Original Jazz Classics with additional alternate takes.

Allmusic jazz critic Scott Yanow called Boss Guitar "Enjoyable if not essential." and David Rickert, for All About Jazz stated, "Montgomery was always at his best as the sole lead instrument, as this recording will attest."

All the tracks are available on the Wes Montgomery compilation CD The Complete Riverside Recordings.

1. "Besame Mucho" (Consuelo Velázquez, Sunny Skylar) – 6:28
2. "Besame Mucho" [Alternate take] (Velazquez, Skylar) – 6:24
3. "Dearly Beloved" (Jerome Kern, Johnny Mercer) – 4:49
4. "Days of Wine and Roses" (Henry Mancini, Johnny Mercer) – 3:44
5. "The Trick Bag" (Wes Montgomery) – 4:25
6. "Canadian Sunset" (Eddie Heywood, Norman Gimbel) – 5:04
7. "Fried Pies" (Montgomery) – 6:42
8. "Fried Pies" Alternate take (Montgomery) – 6:35
9. "The Breeze and I" (Ernesto Lecuona, Al Stillman) – 4:08
10. "For Heaven's Sake" (Elise Bretton, Sherman Edwards, Donald Meyer) – 4:39

* Wes Montgomery – guitar
* Melvin Rhyne – organ
* Jimmy Cobb – drums

Zing said:
I could be living in a mansion on the hill by now had I not "hooked up with you all" 4 years ago.

Damn Straight and well said! ;)

But my audio system would probably suck and not in a good way. I am indebted to all of you, my audio system ROCKS! :mrgreen:

Dennie

c733e03ae7a0318d0043e110.L.jpg

The Melody At Night, With You CD

Keith Jarrett

1999 ECM Records

Pianist Keith Jarrett goes it alone on The Melody at Night, With You. No stranger to solo recitals, here Jarrett tackles familiar standards along with a few traditional pieces and as we come to expect, the performances are near flawless. Part of the beauty and majesty of it all lies within Jarrett’s penchant for understatement and ebullience while possessing an astounding sense of depth and range. Throughout this recording, Jarrett has seemingly decided to forego any semblance of dramatics as he vividly sets the scenario for the listener along with the partner of his or her choice as they may sit in front of a soft burning fire under dim lights (…) By Glenn Astarita (allaboutjazz.com)
01. I Loves You, Porgy (Gershwin, Gershwin, Heyward) 5:50
02. I Got It Bad (And That Ain’t Good) (Ellington, Webster) 7:10
03. Don’t Ever Leave Me (Hammerstein, Kern) 2:47
04. Someone to Watch over Me (Gershwin, Gershwin) 5:05
05. My Wild Irish Rose (Traditional) 5:21
06. Blame It on My Youth/Meditation (Heyman, Jarrett, Levant) 7:19
07. Something to Remember You By (Dietz, Schwartz) 7:15
08. Be My Love (Brodszky, Kahn) 5:38
09. Shenandoah (Traditional) 5:52
10. I’m Through With Love (Kahn, Livingston, Malneck) 2:56

41cn22DWSgL._SS400_.jpg

Something For You CD

Eliane Elias Sings & Plays Bill Evans

2008 Blue Note Records (Import)

Personnel: Eliane Elias (vocals, piano); Marc Johnson (bass guitar); Joey Baron (drums).

The late Bill Evans was among the truly great pianists in the jazz pantheon. Evans's measured, introspective approach interwove classical and blues influences, was cerebral as well as deeply poignant, proving an influence on, among others, Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, and Brazilian-born jazz pianist Eliane Elias. What makes SOMETHING FOR YOU an event is the presence of bassist Marc Johnson, whose nimble, lithe playing was part of the last edition of the Bill Evans Trio; Joey Baron, who can wail with Bill Frisell and John Zorn, but is dynamically delicate here; and Elias's moderately dusky vocals gracing nearly a third of the album. Elias shares Evans's concept of graceful conciseness, never playing a barrage of notes when a few judiciously placed ones will do just fine.

Track listing

1. You and the Night and the Music
2. Here's Somethign For You
3. Sleepin' Bee, A
4. But Not For Me
5. Waltz For Debby
6. Five
7. Blue in Green
8. Detour Ahead
9. Minha (All Time)
10. My Foolish Heart
11. But Beautiful/Here's That Rainy Day
12. I Love My Wife
13. For Nenette
14. Evanesque
15. Solar
16. After All
17. Here's Something For You (Inro)

Rope said:
Zing said:
Nats, how 'bout some album cover art with your posts?

Nats -

If you'd like to post album art, right click on the jpg (image) you want to post, click on properties, copy the address (URL). On the forum post, paste the URL in your post, highlight URL, click the image (Img), click the submit button.

Without creating the image it would look like this: images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

The image would appear as:
icon_mrgreen.gif

Here's Captain Zings Avatar:
file.php

Rope
thanks ,i will write down the step by step and give it a try

Zing said:
^^ Wow Rope! You're kickin' it old school!

I think Iron Butterfly was among the ground breakers, if not the ground breaker, in the birth of metal rock. The drum solo is still impressive.

Rope

42c7828fd7a0e6718cdc7110.L.jpg

Wanted! 20th Anniversary Ed. CD

The Outlaws

1996 RCA Records
Amazon.com

Less successful when it's sentimental (Waylon Jennings' "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys") than when it's wry (Willie Nelson's myth-puncturing "Me and Paul"), this cash-in compilation of previously released cuts was just in time to grab the first platinum record ever awarded a country album. It's not bad, but both Jennings' contemporaneous Dreaming My Dreams and Nelson's Red Headed Stranger are more nuanced tastes of the good-bad-but-not-evil-ol'-boy lifestyle. (Not to mention much of Tompall Glaser's own Outlaw compilation.) This 1996 CD reissue adds nine more tracks from the era as well as a new Jennings-and-Nelson version of Steve Earle's "Nowhere Road." --Rickey Wright

Side one

1. "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys" (Sharon Rice) – 2:48
* Performed by Jennings
2. "Honky Tonk Heroes" (Billy Joe Shaver) – 3:27
* Performed by Jennings
3. "What's Happened to Blue Eyes" (Jessi Colter) – 2:15
* Performed by Colter
4. "You Mean to Say" (Colter) – 2:28
* Performed by Colter
5. "Suspicious Minds" (Mark James) – 3:55
* Performed by Jennings and Colter

Side two

1. "Good Hearted Woman" [Live] (Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson) – 2:56
* Performed by Jennings and Nelson
2. "Heaven or Hell" (Nelson) – 1:37
* Performed by Jennings and Nelson
3. "Me and Paul" (Nelson) – 3:45
* Performed by Nelson
4. "Yesterday's Wine" (Nelson) – 2:58
* Performed by Nelson
5. "T for Texas" (Jimmie Rodgers) – 4:12
* Performed by Glaser
6. "Put Another Log on the Fire (Male Chauvinist National Anthem)" (Shel Silverstein) – 2:16
* Performed by Glaser

Bonus tracks (20th anniversary reissue)

12. "Slow Movin' Outlaws" - Waylon Jennings
13. "(I'm a) Ramblin' Man" - Waylon Jennings
14. "If She's Where You Like Livin' (You Won't Feel at Home with Me)" - Jessi Colter
15. "It's Not Easy" - Jessi Colter
16. "Why You Been Gone So Long" - Jessi Colter
17. "Under Your Spell Again" - Waylon Jennings & Jessi Colter
18. "I Ain't the One" - Waylon Jennings & Jessi Colter
19. "You Left a Long, Long Time Ago" - Willie Nelson
20. "Healing Hands of Time" - Willie Nelson
21. "Nowhere Road" - Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson

Dennie, it'd be great if you could make each track listing a link to a sample clip of that song. :handgestures-thumbup:

That's not too difficult or time consuming, right? :teasing-neener:

Zing said:
Dennie, it'd be great if you could make each track listing a link to a sample clip of that song. :handgestures-thumbup:

That's not too difficult or time consuming, right? :teasing-neener:

:angry-tappingfoot: I'll see what I can do!

Dennie :music-listening:

Back