• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

6809729fd7a000576f3de010.L.jpg

Aja CD

Steely Dan

1977/1999 MCA Records
Amazon.com

History gives Steely Dan's Walter Becker and Donald Fagen the last, hearty laugh on this, the crown jewel in their remarkable canon of '70s Mensa pop. Sneaking onto the charts a half-decade earlier with sinuous, jazz-inflected "rock," the dysfunctional duo's acerbic, anti-heroic visions had been critically lauded for their band identity and killer guitar riffs, then promptly challenged when the two songwriters retired from the road, dissolved any formal band lineup, and used the studio as laboratory. Aja carried the added indignity of its increased focus on sophisticated jazz models and musicianship, which carried the Dan's ambitions even further in terms of suave harmonies, intricate song structures, and brilliant playing. Time has proven them wiser than their rock crit detractors: These seven songs abound in knotty plots, sneaky imagery, and drop-dead brilliant performances from a blue chip studio repertory studded with first-call jazz players epitomized by Wayne Shorter's towering solo on the title song. From the hard-boiled jazz romance of "Deacon Blues" to the twisted Homeric vamp of "Home at Last," the veiled but ominous swing of "Peg" to the sci-fi eroticism of "Josie," Aja is a modern pop classic and the coolest fusion record no one ever thought to lump in that category. --Sam Sutherland

All songs written by Becker and Fagen.
Side one

1. "Black Cow" – 5:10
2. "Aja" – 7:57
3. "Deacon Blues" – 7:37

Side two

1. "Peg" – 3:57
2. "Home at Last" – 5:34
3. "I Got the News" – 5:06
4. "Josie" – 4:33

I think I'll listen to a little Clapton...... :text-bravo:

e2d3eb6709a03287e9fa2110.L.jpg

Crossroads 2: Live In The Seventies -- 4 CD Box Set

Eric Clapton

1996 Polydor Records

Go with this over the first Crossroads !, June 22, 2003
By Surface to Air Missle (USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Crossroads 2: Live In The Seventies (Audio CD)

This is the perfect box set for the casual Clapton fan or the serious without a live set. This is a great introduction to Clapton's to most of Clapton's mandatory songs (minus the Cream songs) that were recorded during the 70's at various venues. The sound quality is perfect with no deterioration from the recording at all.

There are some amazing rocking versions of songs. This set was taken during his drugged out depression phase when his solos rocked the hardest and his blues were the saddest.

Disc One- A great intro for the set with a fun Hand Jive. The highlight of this disc is the great "Cant Find My Way Home" with some of Clapton's catchiest lyrics to date.

Disc Two- The best disc of the set and one my single most favorite discs OF ALL TIME- worth the price of the set by itself. The 4 and a half min Layla is the best version of Layla ever hands down. Clapton tears through the riff with an amazing solo that shows of his best skills and his full range. Guaranteed to have you air jamming every time. The I Shot The Sheriff jams like no other. Clapton just gets in a groove with some finger pickin that cant be beat. Badge goes through its usual first half before Clapton just puts on an all out assault on the laws of rockin. The solo flies through many phases and has to be heard to be believed. Follow this up with a 24 min "Why Does Love Have To Be So Sad" with Santana. This is my all time favorite Clapton song and it needs to be heard multiple times before its complexity can be unraveled. The easiest way to describe it would be like a battle between Santana and Clapton where they are playing off of each other in alternate dueling commraderie. Fantastic!!

Disc three- the second best disc with multiple winners. The two best are Core with its powerful emotion and the always solid Cocaine.

Disc four- my least favorite of the discs but some decent ones hidden away. "Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever" is another catchy tune that not all casual classic rock fans have heard.

Bottom Line: anyone interested in Clapton, classic rock, or kick-... guitar shreddin should go out and get this set.

Disc one

1. "Walkin' Down The Road" – 5:15 (studio outtake) Studio outtake recorded May 1974 at Criteria Studios for 461 Ocean Boulevard
2. "Have You Ever Loved A Woman" – 7:41 Recorded July 19, 1974 at the Long Beach Arena
3. "Willie & The Hand Jive"/"Get Ready" – 11:42
4. "Can't Find My Way Home" – 5:19
5. "Driftin' Blues"/"Rambling On My Mind" – 11:36
6. "Presence Of The Lord" – 8:48 Tracks 3-6 recorded July 20, 1974 at the Long Beach Arena
7. "Rambling On My Mind"/"Have You Ever Loved A Woman" – 8:16
8. "Little Wing" – 6:43 Tracks 7-8 recorded December 4, 1974 at the Hammersmith Odeon
9. "The Sky Is Crying"/"Have You Ever Loved A Woman"/"Rambling On My Mind" – 7:39 Recorded December 5, 1974 at the Hammersmith Odeon

Disc two

1. "Layla" – 5:38
2. "Further on Up the Road" – 4:31
3. "I Shot The Sheriff" – 10:21
4. "Badge" – 10:42 Tracks 3-4 recorded June 28, 1975 at the Nassau Coliseum
5. "Driftin' Blues" – 6:58
6. "Eyesight to the Blind"/"Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?" – 24:19 Tracks 1-2,5-6 recorded June 25, 1975 at the Providence Civic Center

track 6 with guitarist Carlos Santana

Disc three

1. "Tell The Truth" – 8:57
2. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" – 5:20
3. "Stormy Monday" – 13:02 Tracks 1-3 recorded April, 1977 at the Hammersmith Odeon
4. "Lay Down Sally" – 5:23
5. "The Core" – 9:13
6. "We're All The Way" – 2:55
7. "Cocaine" – 6:37 Tracks 4,6,7 recorded February 12, 1978 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorim
8. "Goin' Down Slow" / "Rambling On My Mind" – 13:45 Tracks 5,8 recorded February 11, 1978 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium
9. "Mean Old Frisco" – 5:53 Recorded March 21, 1978 at the Savannah Civic Center

Disc four

1. "Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever" – 4:23
2. "Worried Life Blues" – 5:58
3. "Tulsa Time" – 4:31
4. "Early In The Morning" – 6:19
5. "Wonderful Tonight" – 6:24
6. "Kind Hearted Woman" – 5:17 Tracks 3-6 recorded November 24, 1978 at the Apollo Theatre, Glasgow
7. "Double Trouble" – 11:06
8. "Crossroads" – 5:20 Tracks 1,2,7,8 recorded November 28, 1978 at the Victoria Hall, Hanley
9. "To Make Somebody Happy" – 5:11 (studio outtake)
10. "Cryin'" – 2:54 (studio outtake)
11. "Water On The Ground" – 2:59 (studio outtake)
Tracks 9-11 are studio outtakes recorded December 28, 1978 at Olympic Studios for Backless

84e9810ae7a0060ec5712210.L.jpg

Live Rust -- CD :text-bump: :handgestures-thumbup: :eusa-clap:

Neil Young & Carzy Horse

1979/1990 Reprise Records

Amazon.com

Mere months passed between the release of Neil Young's mid-career milestone Rust Never Sleeps and this 1979 tour recording, which documents a late-'78 San Francisco performance. Indeed, Live Rust boasts four songs from the album that gave it its name. It's also sequenced in the same spirit as its studio sibling. As with Rust Never Sleeps, Live Rust opens with steady-flowing acoustic numbers before swirling into an electric vortex. What was side 4 off the original two-record version--"Like a Hurricane," "Hey, Hey, My, My," and "Tonight's the Night"--is arguably Young and Crazy Horse at their peak as a live unit, with all due respect to 1991's estimable Weld and 1997's desultory Year of the Horse. Few rock bands rank with Young and his stalwart electric trio, and Live Rust presents them in all their raging glory. --Steven Stolder

Side one

1. "Sugar Mountain" * – 5:02
2. "I Am a Child" * – 3:01
3. "Comes a Time" * – 3:15
4. "After the Gold Rush" * – 3:49
5. "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)" * – 4:12

Side two

1. "When You Dance I Can Really Love" – 3:42
2. "The Loner" – 4:53
3. "The Needle and the Damage Done" * – 3:06
4. "Lotta Love" – 2:51
5. "Sedan Delivery" – 4:50

Side three

1. "Powderfinger" – 5:43
2. "Cortez the Killer" – 6:19
3. "Cinnamon Girl" – 3:22

Side four

1. "Like a Hurricane" – 8:03
2. "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)" (Young, Jeff Blackburn) – 4:37
3. "Tonight's the Night" – 7:12

08dfc0a398a054d168623210.L.jpg

The Isle of View ( I Love You) LIVE--CD :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Pretenders

1995 Warner Bros. Records

Amazon.com

There are a lot of diehard Pretenders boosters out there who'll warm to this unplugged hits set much faster than Last of the Independents. Hynde's singing has never been finer, and it was a brilliant stroke to incorporate a string quartet into the acoustic soundscape. Everything here is first-rate (notably the little-known "I Hurt You" and "Criminal"), but it's the ultra-fresh versions of "Brass in Pocket," "Private Life," and "2000 Miles" that will bring a lump to the throat of thirtysomething fans. --Jeff Bateman

All songs written by Chrissie Hynde, except where noted.

1. "Sense Of Purpose" – 3:50
2. "Chill Factor" – 4:01
3. "Private Life" – 4:42
4. "Back On The Chain Gang" – 4:17
5. "Kid" – 3:56
6. "I Hurt You" – 4:29
7. "Criminal" – 4:18
8. "Brass In Pocket" (James Honeyman-Scott, Hynde) – 3:23
9. "2000 Miles" – 3:40
10. "Hymn To Her" (Meg Keene) – 3:52
11. "Lovers Of Today" – 5:19
12. "The Phone Call" – 2:55
13. "I Go To Sleep" (Ray Davies) – 2:57
14. "Revolution" – 6:28
15. "The Isle Of View" – 0:42

71a162e89da0f533bf2d2110.L.jpg

Straight Shooter -- CD :handgestures-thumbup:

Bad Company

1974/1994 Atlantic Records

Supergroup hits its stride, November 7, 2001
By Mons "Mons" (Norrpan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Straight Shooter (Audio CD)

Released in 1974, Straightshooter is regarded by many as being Bad Company's strongest album. It has the bluesy feel of its predecessor (Bad Co) but has the band turning their amps up 11 and rocking out the strongest set of songs of the band's career. Do not forget that Bad Co was a supergroup with 2 guys out of Free (Rodgers and Kirke), the bass player from King Crimson (Boz Burrell) and Mott the Hoople's guitarist (Mick Ralphs). They should have been huge, of course, but suffered from having to play second fiddle to Swan Song stablemates Led Zeppelin. The songs were great, their sound: a sort of supercharged, sexy blues-rock without the pretention of Led Zep. What let them down perhaps was their lyrics, some of which make Spinal Tap look like Leonard Cohen, but if you can take that - and I can - this album is a great listen from beginning to end. Bad Company were also one of the few hard rock bands that wrote great ballads (Anna), though it was Straightshooter's high-octane rockers like Good Lovin' Gone Bad, Feel Like Making Love and Shooting Star that helped secure them a place in rock history. Bad Company were a good, tight band, but I would recommend anyone to listen to them purely to hear Paul Rodgers' masterful rock vocals. New to Bad Company? Get this one first, and then Bad Co.

Side one

1. "Good Lovin' Gone Bad" (Mick Ralphs) – 3:35
2. "Feel Like Makin' Love" (Paul Rodgers/Mick Ralphs) – 5:12
3. "Weep No More" (Simon Kirke) – 3:59
4. "Shooting Star" (Paul Rodgers) – 6:16

Side two

1. "Deal With the Preacher" (Paul Rodgers/Mick Ralphs) – 5:01
2. "Wild Fire Woman" (Paul Rodgers/Mick Ralphs) – 4:32
3. "Anna" (Simon Kirke) – 3:41 [1]
4. "Call on Me" (Paul Rodgers) – 6:03

2c28c0a398a0f3585594b110.L.jpg

Dixie Chicken -- CD :handgestures-thumbup:

Little Feat

1973/1990 Warner Bros. Records

Amazon.com essential recording

Everything came together for Little Feat's third album. An expanded lineup gave the Feat a more supple rhythmic base, Lowell George penned some of his strongest numbers, and they developed an oozy studio sound that suited them to a T. The title track, "Fat Man in a Bathtub," and "Two Trains" distilled compounded rhythms, wailing background vocals, and adroit wordplay into an intoxicating soul-rock swill. In many ways, Dixie Chicken stands as a kind of kissing cousin to the Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street, which hit the streets one year earlier. While not as expansive as the Stones' magnum opus, its highlights are every bit as spectacular. --Steve Stolder

1. "Dixie Chicken" (Lowell George, Fred Martin) – 3:55
2. "Two Trains" (George) – 3:06
3. "Roll Um Easy" (George) – 2:30
4. "On Your Way Down" (Allen Toussaint) – 5:31
5. "Kiss It Off" (George) – 2:56
6. "Fool Yourself" (Fred Tackett) – 3:10
7. "Walkin' All Night" (Paul Barrère, Bill Payne) – 3:35
8. "Fat Man In The Bathtub" (George) – 4:29
9. "Juliette" (George) – 3:20
10. "Lafayette Railroad" (George, Payne) – 3:40

514whi43bJL.jpg

Live / Dead -- CD :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Grateful Dead

1969 Warner Bros. Records

Live/Dead is the first official live album released by the San Francisco-based band Grateful Dead. It was recorded over a series of live concerts in early 1969 and released later in the year on November 10. At the time of its release, Robert Christgau wrote that parts of the album contained "the finest rock improvisation ever recorded." A landmark live album that captured the Grateful Dead's improvisations at their best – Allmusic would write that "Few recordings have ever represented the essence of an artist in performance as faithfully as Live/Dead" – it is also the final album with keyboardist Tom Constanten.
Side one

1. "Dark Star" (Garcia, Hart, Kreutzmann, Lesh, McKernan, Weir, Robert Hunter) – 23:18

Side two

1. "St. Stephen" (Garcia, Lesh, Hunter) – 6:31
2. "The Eleven" (Lesh, Hunter) – 9:18

Side three

1. "Turn On Your Love Light" (Joseph Scott, Deadric Malone) – 15:05

Side four

1. "Death Don't Have No Mercy" (Reverend Gary Davis) – 10:28
2. "Feedback" (Constanten, Garcia, Hart, Kreutzman, Lesh, McKernan, Weir) – 7:49
3. "And We Bid You Goodnight" (Traditional, arr. by Grateful Dead) – 0:35

9b3b12bb9da03f29531db010.L.jpg

Both Sides Now -- CD :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Joni Mitchell

2000 Warner Bros. Records

BOTH SIDES NOW won the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album. "Both Sides Now" won the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying A Vocalist. The song was also nominated for the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. "A Case Of You" was nominated for the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying A Vocalist.

This limited edition includes three original lithographs by Joni Mitchell.

Joni Mitchell is no stranger to jazz, as evidenced by her work with the legendary bassist and composer Charles Mingus toward the end of his life. On her 20th album, Mitchell forgoes the outer reaches of Mingus's jazz in favor of interpreting more traditional American vocal pop. By interpreting material normally associated with Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald, the Canadian iconoclast travels down the same road as her old pal Linda Ronstadt. Unlike Ronstadt's mid-'80s three-album foray with Nelson Riddle into the great American standards songbook, Mitchell approaches this project on a more personal and conceptual level, as she traces the arc of a modern romantic relationship.

Backed by the billowy sounds of the London Symphony Orchestra, Mitchell's burnished vocals provide a perfect match as she goes from discovering love ("At Last") to seeing it begin to crumble ("Sometimes I'm Happy") and ultimately collapse ("Stormy Weather"). Jazz greats Wayne Shorter and Herbie Hancock add some bite to the lush orchestrations. Mitchell weaves a personal touch into the conceptual framework by including a radically altered version of her own "A Case of You" and "Both Sides Now." BOTH SIDES NOW provides a haven for pop-vocal fans whose definition of the genre begins and ends with Sinatra.

1. "You're My Thrill" (Sidney Clare, Jay Gorney) — 3:52
2. "At Last" (Mack Gordon, Harry Warren) — 4:28
3. "Comes Love" (Lew Brown, Sam H. Stept, Charles Tobias) — 4:29
4. "You've Changed" (Bill Carey, Carl Fischer) — 5:00
5. "Answer Me, My Love" (Fred Rauch, Carl Sigman, Gerhard Winkler) — 3:23
6. "A Case of You" (Joni Mitchell) — 5:52
7. "Don't Go to Strangers" (Redd Evans, Arthur Kent, David Mann) — 4:10
8. "Sometimes I'm Happy" (Irving Caesar, Clifford Grey, Vincent Youmans) — 3:58
9. "Don't Worry 'Bout Me" (Rube Bloom, Ted Koehler) —– 3:49
10. "Stormy Weather" (Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) — 3:07
11. "I Wish I Were in Love Again" (Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers) — 3:36
12. "Both Sides, Now" (Joni Mitchell) — 5:45

5102T240chL.jpg

The Best of Phoebe Snow -- CD :text-bravo:

Phoebe Snow

1984 Columbia Records

Best of Phoebe Snow contains most of the singer/songwriter's biggest hits from the '70s, as well as several key album tracks that make this a good introduction to her work. Among the highlights are "Poetry Man," "Shakey Ground, " "Love Makes a Woman, " "Two Fisted Love," and "Never Letting Go." ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Track listing

1. Two Fisted Love
2. All Over
3. Poetry Man
4. Teach Me Tonight
5. Don't Let Me Down
6. Shakey Ground
7. Love Makes a Woman
8. Never Letting Go
9. Every Night
10. Harpo's Blues

6efa71a88da0a6f661f7d110.L.jpg

Midnight Sun -- CD :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Herb Alpert

1992 A&M Records

It's been too many years . . ., March 13, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Midnight Sun (Audio CD)

Midnight Sun has been getting alot of airplay on my local jazz public radio station, so I decided to pick up the CD. This sure wasn't the Herb Alpert I remembered, and that's a positive comment. This CD has some of the coolest hot sounds I've heard in quite a while. It's a great combination of straight forward jazz playing with just the right amount of added texture from strings to give it a sound I've been looking for but hadn't found to date. Now I will definitely have to check out his latest offering that he and Lorber worked on.

1. Midnight Sun (Lionel Hampton, Sonny Burke, Johnny Mercer) 6:05
2. All The Things You Are (Oscar Hammerstein II, Jerome Kern) 3:53
3. Someone To Watch Over Me (George & Ira Gershwin) 5:16
4. In The Wee Small Hours (Bob Hilliard, David Mann) 5:53
5. Friends (Eddie Del Barrio, Herb Alpert) 4:21
6. A Taste Of Honey (Bobby Scott, Rick Marlow) 6:52
7. Mona Lisa (Jay Livingston, Ray Evans) 5:46
8. I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face (Alan Jay Lerner, Frederick Loewe) 5:07
9. Silent Tears And Roses (Eddie Del Barrio) 3:50
10. Smile (Charlie Chaplin, John Terner, Geoffrey Parsons) 4:13

51EABBYwBUL._SS400_.jpg

The Hudson Project HDCD

John Abercrombie, Peter Erskine, Bob Mintzer, John Patitucci

2000 Hudson/Stretch Records

The Hudson Project is comprised of four of the most acclaimed and accomplished musicians today: John Abercrombie, Peter Erskine, Bob Mintzer and John Patitucci. Each has years of experience, recording and performing credits, and all have worked with a veritable who's-who of artists in both jazz and popular music.

Each band member is a world-renowned bandleader, solo artist, and composer. On their debut album, the band performs eight brilliant compositions, ranging in style from a spiritual ballad (The Well by John Patitucci), to second-line funk Cats and Kittens by Peter Erskine), and from country-inflected swing (That's For Sure by John Abercrombie), to bebop (Modern Day Tuba by Bob Mintzer).

Live in New York City is an auspicious debut by a band that includes seasoned veterans who are among the world's most expressive musicians in any genre.
Amazon.com

This quartet featuring Bob Mintzer, Peter Erskine, John Abercrombie, and John Patitucci was created for a corporate-sponsored performance-clinic tour. The fusion-like athleticism of Yellowjackets saxophonist Mintzer and the L.A.- based bassist Pattitucci is nicely balanced by the more ethereal tone and searching style of guitarist Abercrombie. Mintzer's fellow 'Jacket Erskine stitches the two camps together with his muscular brand of swing. Each contributes two tunes, beginning with a rhythm-changes based romp by Mintzer aptly titled "Runferyerlife." These four men prove themselves equally comfortable with the down-home funk of Erskine's "Cats + Kittens" and the more modern lyricism of Patitucci's "The Well." They demonstrate a combination of versatility and personality that has made each of them an MVP with different lineups(Weather Report, Chick Corea, Billy Cobham) as well as artists in their own right. This excellently recorded live date shows it's possible to successfully blend art and commerce, a clinical workout and dynamite playing. --Michael Ross

Track listing

1. Runferyerlife
2. Labor Day
3. Little Swing
4. Cats & Kittens
5. Well, The
6. Bass Desires
7. That's for Sure
8. Modern Day Tuba

While looking up this CD, about all I can find out is..... it is a fairly rare CD! :mrgreen:

41PmoxvUtqL.jpg

Ron Carter All Alone -- CD

Ron Carter

1988 EMARCY/Nippon Phonogram Co.

Ron Carter plays a Juzek Double Bass (1910) with a Barcus-Berry pick-up and uses Labella 7710 Strings (Ron Carter model).
Recording Date: March 29, 1988
Total Time: 56:15

1. D.B.BLUES 7:36
2. NEW YORK STANDARD TIME 6:18
3. BODY AND SOUL (Green-Heyman-Sour-Eyton) 8:12
4. TAP, TAP, TAP 9:09
5. QUICK AND EASY 3:58
6. GUYAVA 6:59*
7. THE SAME 12 TONES 5:51
8. TWO HANDS ONLY 7:46

* Additional track on CD only

RON CARTER- bass

3626319f8da079ab3cee6110.L.jpg

Look What I Did (Anthology) -- 2 CD Box Set

Joe Walsh

1995 MCA Records

Joe Walsh at his best!, January 6, 2004
By Gerry Lehn (Lawrenceburg, Indiana) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Look What I Did (Anthology) (Audio CD)

As with most anthology's, there's bound to be a few tracks missing. We all have our favorites, which sometimes miss the cut. "Confessor" is inexplicably absent, and there's no "Eagles" stuff here. All of that would require a third CD. No, J.W. is the number one attraction in all of these songs, as the collection highlights Walsh's tremendous, unmistakable guitar work, and lyrical creativity. One of the bright spots includes a full length version of "The Bomber". This 2 CD collection also includes a simple song - by - song review, in booklet form, by Joe himself, that is quite interesting, and adds a bit of explanation to many of the tunes.
If you're a new Joe Walsh fan, this collection is a perfect place to start, and if you're an aging boomer (like myself), these tunes will bring back memories, and possibly introduce you to a few worthwhile bits you overlooked. I'm a tough grader, and this is a "5".

Disc 1

1. "Tuning, Part 1" (James Fox, Bert DeCoteaux, Bill Szymczyk) – 0:40
2. "Take A Look Around" – 5:55
3. "Funk #48" (Walsh, Fox, Tom Kriss) – 2:46
4. "The Bomber (Original Complete Version)" (Walsh, Dale Peters, Fox, Vince Guaraldi, Ravel) – 7:02
5. "Tend My Garden" – 5:29
6. "Funk #49" (Walsh, Peters, Fox) – 3:56
7. "Ashes, The Rain & I" (Walsh, Peters) – 4:57
8. "Walk Away" – 3:33
9. "It's All the Same" – 4:11
10. "Midnight Man" – 3:29
11. "Here We Go" – 4:58
12. "Midnight Visitor" – 3:09
13. "Mother Says" – 5:53
14. "Turn To Stone" (Walsh, Terry Trebandt) – 5:15
15. "Comin' Down" – 1:52
16. "Meadows" – 4:37
17. "Rocky Mountain Way" (Walsh, Joe Vitale, Kenny Passarelli) – 5:40

Disc 2

1. "Welcome To The Club" – 5:09
2. "All Night Laundry Mat Blues" – 1:00
3. "County Fair" – 6:44
4. "Help Me Thru The Night" – 3:37
5. "Life's Been Good" – 8:03
6. "Over And Over" – 4:49
7. "All Night Long" – 3:32
8. "A Life Of Illusion" – 3:30
9. "Theme From Island Weirdos" (Walsh, Vitale) – 3:20
10. "I Can Play That Rock & Roll" – 3:02
11. "I.L.B.T.'s" (Walsh, Vitale) – 2:52
12. "Space Age Whiz Kids" (Walsh, Vitale) – 3:41
13. "Rosewood Bitters" (Michael Stanley) – 3:28
14. "Shut Up" – 3:15
15. "Decades" – 12:13
16. "Song For A Dying Planet" – 2:01
17. "Ordinary Average Guy [Live]" – 6:03

61B2VD6hzHL._SS500_.jpg

This and "I Love You Paris" are my favorite of her albums. This one has a wider variety of guest players, but the emotional outpouring of ILYP can't be surpassed.

Folding laundry and listening to Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
The joys of being a stay at home dad!! :handgestures-thumbup:

51TRnZBk-AL._SS400_.jpg

51HpOJbzLIL._SS400_.jpg

This one was released today.........
51dMhyy6WwL._SS400_.jpg

The Union Deluxe CD (2 bonus tracks)/DVD

Elton John/Leon Russell

Today Decca/Rocket Records

The Deluxe Edition is a CD + DVD Package
The CD includes two tracks not available on the standard release: "My Kind Of Hell" and "Mandalay Again"
The DVD features "The Union" the Making Of By Cameron Crowe.

Decca Records is pleased to announce the release of the highly anticipated collaboration between two musical legends, Elton John and Leon Russell with The Union available October 19 in the U.S. (To be released October 25 in the U.K. on Mercury Records.) This album marks the first time these iconic artists have worked together since 1970.

Produced by Oscar and multiple-Grammy winning producer T Bone Burnett, who took home numerous awards in 2009 for his production work on Raising Sand with Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, The Union features songs written by John and his lifelong lyricist Bernie Taupin, as well as in combination with the extraordinary talents of Russell and Burnett.

Recorded live in the studio with John and Russell on dueling pianos, the album features a variety of musical genres from R&B, soul, gospel, country, pop and rock. Icons Neil Young and Brian Wilson provide guest vocals on the 14-track record along with legendary R&B organist Booker T. Jones, steel guitarist Robert Randolph and a 10-piece gospel choir.

Russell first met John in 1970 when he attended John's first ever U.S. show at the famous Troubadour in Los Angeles. The meeting heralded the beginning of a long friendship and a mutual appreciation between the two artists. "In the late '60s and early '70s, the one piano player and vocalist who influenced me more than anybody else was Leon Russell," John said. "He was my idol." The pair went on to tour together shortly thereafter at New York's Fillmore East and to this day have held such high admiration for each other's work.

After years of being out of touch, John listened to Russell's music while on safari in Africa last summer and was inspired to reconnect with his idol. "Elton called to ask if I would do a duet album with him,'" Russell said. "I'm very happy that he chose me to do this."

The monumental career of international singer/songwriter and performer Elton John has spanned more than three decades. He is the one of the top-selling solo artists of all time with 35 gold and 25 platinum albums and more than 250 million records sold worldwide. The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences has awarded John multiple Grammys, including the Grammy Legend Award.

Russell has performed his gospel-infused southern boogie piano rock, blues and country music for over 50 years. This legendary and Grammy award winning musician and songwriter has topped music charts, led the famous Joe Cocker's 'Mad Dogs & Englishmen' tour, performed with George Harrison and Friends at the Concert for Bangladesh and in 2006 was awarded a lifetime achievement award by the Bare Bones International Film Festival.

The Union is a unique collaboration of two of the most talented artists in the music business. Combining forces and fusing diverse talents, John and Russell along with Burnett have produced an extraordinary album.

1. If It Wasn't For Bad
2. Eight Hundred Dollar Shoes
3. Hey Ahab
4. Gone To Shiloh
5. Hearts Have Turned To Stone
6. Jimmie Rodgers' Dream
7. There's No Tomorrow
8. Monkey Suit
9. The Best Part Of The Day
10. A Dream Come True
11. I Should Have Sent Roses
12. When Love Is Dying