• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

0000024789_500.jpg

These Are Soulful Days -- CD

Benny Green - Russell Malone - Christian McBride

1999 Blue Note Records

Amazon.com

Always an effusive pianist with a relentlessly melodic approach, Benny Green celebrates Blue Note's 60th Anniversary by culling eight tunes from the label's back catalog and cutting loose with a drummerless trio that includes former cohorts Russell Malone on guitar and bassist Christian McBride. The harmonic rapport of Green and Malone is immediately apparent in their exacting unison lines to open Horace Silver's "Virgo," which also features McBride's resonant bow work. No longer a wunderkind, the 36-year-old Green solos with youthful intensity (check the dynamic force of "Bellarosa") but also showcases his ensemble maturity by shouldering some of the rhythmic duty and giving Malone ample space to explore a more kinetic side of his muse. Malone's chords, Green's left hand, and McBride's yeoman time-keeping provide plenty of percussive context. Saving the best for last, the trio returns to Silver for a bluesy "Come On Home" that inspires Malone into perhaps the most commanding uptempo passages of his career thus far. --Britt Robson

Track listing:
1. Virgo 4:19
2. Bellarosa 5:41
3. Summer Nights 5:00
4. Punjab 5:40
5. These Are Soulful Days 6:48
6. Ernie's Tune 3:03
7. Hocus-Pocus 6:06
8. Come on Home 8:07

3b0b228348a0e5c3def25110.L.jpg

Great Guitars - LIVE - 2 fer CD Set

Charlie Byrd - Barney Kessel - Herb Ellis

1983/2001 Concord Records

Herb Ellis, Barney Kessel, and Charlie Byrd made five recordings under the banner Great Guitars for Concord between 1976 and 1982; this two-CD set combines both of their concert performances. With bassist Joe Byrd and either Jimmie Smith or Chuck Redd on drums, the guitarists complement one another's playing throughout both shows, with the two former Oscar Peterson sidemen on electric guitar and Byrd sticking to acoustic guitar. They primarily stick to standards of the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s during the 1980 set taped at the Paul Masson Mountain Winery. Byrd, best known for helping to launch the bossa nova craze during the early '60s, shines in the extended workout of Antonio Carlos Jobim's "So Dan‡o Samba" and a solo performance of "You Took Advantage of Me." Ellis and Kessel are unaccompanied in an introspective take of "Body and Soul." The second disc comes from a 1982 concert at Charlie's Georgetown in Washington, D.C., and features a more wide-ranging program. Starting with a breezy take of "Where or When," the guitarists are in top form. Their very deliberate introduction to Hoagy Carmichael's "New Orleans" milks the song's lyricism for all it is worth, though they cut loose into a swinging setting, with Ellis providing a bit of percussion on his strings. Charlie Byrd's brisk bossa nova scoring of the Dixieland favorite "When the Saints Go Marching In" proves to be very refreshing. Two pieces by Al Cohn add a bit of variety, the well-named "Pensive" and the ballad "Danielle," the latter in a bossa nova setting. They wrap their final recording together with a superb interpretation of Richard Jones' blues "Trouble in Mind." The single-CD price for this twin-disc compilation certainly adds to its appeal. ~ Ken Dryden

Track Listing
DISC 1:
1. Broadway
2. Air Mail Special
3. Body and Soul
4. You Took Advantage of Me
5. So Dan‡o Samba
6. The Sheik of Araby
7. Straighten Up and Fly Right
8. Just in Time
9. The Talk of the Town

DISC 2:
1. Where or When
2. New Orleans
3. When the Saints Go Marching In
4. Change Partners
5. Pensive
6. Opus One
7. Old Folks
8. Get Happy
9. Danielle
10. Trouble in Mind

2 LPs on 2 CDs: GREAT GUITARS AT THE WINERY (1980)/GREAT GUITARS AT CHARLIE'S GEORGETOWN (1982).Full performer name: Charlie Byrd/Barney Kessel/Herb Ellis.Personnel: Charlie Byrd, Barney Kessel, Herb Ellis (guitar); Joe Byrd (bass); Jimmie Smith, Chuck Redd (drums).Recorded live at "Vontage Sounds," Saratoga, California in July 1980 and Charlie's Georgetown, Wahington, D.C. on August 14, 1982. Includes original release liner notes by Vern Hansen & Felix Grant.Liner Note Author: Felix Grant.Recording information: Charlie's Georgetown, Washington DC (07/1980-08/1982); Paul Masson Mountain Winery, Saratoga Springs, CA (07/1980-08/1982).Arranger: Charlie Byrd.

51ijfp30BfL.jpg

Red Garland's Piano -- Remastered 24bit CD

Red Garland - Paul Chambers - Art Taylor

1957/2006 Prestige/Concord Records

Red Garland's third session as a leader finds the distinctive pianist investigating eight standards (including "Please Send Me Someone to Love," "Stompin' at the Savoy," "If I Were a Bell," and "Almost Like Being in Love") with his distinctive chord voicings, melodic but creative ideas, and solid sense of swing. Joined by bassist Paul Chambers and drummer Art Taylor, Garland plays up to his usual consistent level, making this an easily recommended disc for straight-ahead fans. ~ Scott Yanow

Track Listing
1. Please Send Me Someone to Love
2. Stompin' at the Savoy
3. The Very Thought of You
4. Almost Like Being in Love
5. If I Were a Bell
6. I Know Why (And So Do You)
7. I Can't Give You Anything But Love
8. But Not for Me

Personnel: Red Garland (piano); Paul Chambers (upright bass); Art Taylor (drums).

61zmO56-5-L.jpg

Bags Meets Wes! -- Remastered 24bit CD

Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery

1961/2008 Riverside/Concord Records

One of the classic hard-bop collaborations, BAGS MEETS WES! presents guitarist Wes Montgomery and vibraphonist Milt "Bags" Jackson in an excellent 1961 session. Montgomery's warm, rootsy tone and blues-derived style provided a perfect complement to Jackson's intellectual, traditional bop approach, and the two achieve natural, sometimes scintillating dialogues on this date.Backed by a hard-to-beat band--pianist Wynton Kelly, bassist Sam Jones, and drummer Philly Joe Jones--Bags and Wes play largely in a blues mode here, with plenty of stretching out over the 12-bar progressions. Jackson's "S.K.J." kicks off the set, and proves one of the highlights, as does Montgomery's "Jingles," an up-tempo, minor-key groove-laden song on which the co-leaders unfurl vibrantly melodic lines during their solos.

Track Listing
1. S.K.J.
2. Stablemates - (take)
3. Stairway to the Stars - (Take 6)
4. Blue Roz
5. Sam Sack
6. Jingles - (take 9)
7. Delilah - (take 4)
8. bonus track) Stablemates [Take 4] - (Take 2
9. bonus track) Stairway to the Stars [Take 2] - (take 8
10. bonus track) Jingles [Take 8] - (Take 3
11. Delilah [Take 3] - (take)

Personnel: Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Wes Montgomery (guitar); Wynton Kelly (piano); Sam Jones (bass instrument); Philly Joe Jones (drums, drum).Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.Recording information: Plaza Sound Studios, New York, NY (12/18/1961-12/19/1961).

Today's work truck music...

955653a09da0bfb883497110.L.jpg

Can't Buy A Thrill -- CD

Steely Dan

1974/1990 MCA Records

Amazon.com

Songwriters Walter Becker and Donald Fagen launched Steely Dan with a seductive, poker-faced 1972 debut as smoothly accessible in its music as it was elusive in its thematic concerns. The opening "Do It Again" snagged swift commercial success as one of the most mysterious pop hits in history, a sultry rock cha-cha that chronicled a series of harrowing catastrophes far removed from the reheated love songs and pro forma countercultural rebellion of the day. Though the core band boasted two formidable guitarists, Jeff Baxter and Denny Dias, it was the bloom of Fagen's keyboards and his reedy, smart-ass vocals that carried Thrill light years beyond modal, blues-based rock. That said, an enduring highlight remains the furious six-string fantasia of "Reelin' in the Years," spiked by Elliot Randall's downright historic solos, at once dour and giddy in its indictment of a poser, while "Dirty Work" (featuring short-lived, nominal lead singer David Palmer) offers a decidedly adult vignette of adultery. There isn't a weak track here, astonishing, considering how much growth future Dan albums would display. --Sam Sutherland

Side one

"Do It Again" – 5:56
Solos by Denny Dias and Donald Fagen
Vocal by Donald Fagen
"Dirty Work" – 3:08
Sax solo by Jerome Richardson
Vocal by David Palmer
"Kings" – 3:45
Solo by Elliot Randall
Vocal by Donald Fagen
"Midnite Cruiser" – 4:08
Solo by Jeff Baxter
Vocal by Jim Hodder
"Only a Fool Would Say That" – 2:57
Solo by Jeff Baxter
Vocal by Donald Fagen and David Palmer

Side two

"Reelin' in the Years" – 4:37
Lead guitar by Elliot Randall
Vocal by Donald Fagen
"Fire in the Hole" – 3:28
Steel guitar by Jeff Baxter
Vocal by Donald Fagen
"Brooklyn (Owes the Charmer Under Me)" – 4:21
Steel guitar by Jeff Baxter
Vocal by David Palmer
"Change of the Guard" – 3:39
Solo by Jeff Baxter
Vocals by Donald Fagen and David Palmer
"Turn That Heartbeat Over Again" – 4:58
Vocal by Donald Fagen, Walter Becker and David Palmer

51FfUrOIGoL.jpg

To All The Girls... -- CD

Willie Nelson

2013 Sony Legacy Records

To All The Girls... finds Willie reunited with his two greatest loves: beautiful music and talented women.
Decades of heartfelt performances and compositions in popular music have long solidified Willie's reputation as one of country s greatest romantics. To All The Girls...continues Nelson's musical relationships with some of the most talented women in country, pop and soul.

Among the centerpieces of To All The Girls... is the emotional duet with Dolly Parton, "From Here To The Moon and Back," a song Parton wrote for the 2012 motion picture Joyful Noise. Willie also tackles the Bill Withers' classic "Grandma's Hands" with Mavis Staples, duets with Sheryl Crow on the Great American Songbook selection "Far Away Places," and brings a new shade to his self penned classic "Always on My Mind" with Carrie Underwood.

Willie is also joined by familiar contemporaries including Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Norah Jones, Loretta Lynn and Rosanne Cash. To All The Girls... reunites Willie with producer Buddy Cannon, who worked with Willie on his most recent successful releases, Heroes and Let's Face The Music and Dance.

Track Listing:

1. ‘From Here to the Moon and Back’ (With Dolly Parton)
2. ‘She Was No Good for Me’ (With Miranda Lambert)
3. ‘It Won’t Be Very Long’ (With the Secret Sisters)
4. ‘Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends’ (With Rosanne Cash)
5. ‘Far Away Places’ (With Sheryl Crow)
6. ‘Bloody Mary Morning’ (With Wynonna Judd)
7. ‘Always on My Mind’ (With Carrie Underwood)
8. ‘Somewhere Between’ (With Loretta Lynn)
9. ‘No Mas Amor’ (With Alison Krauss)
10. ‘Back to Earth’ (With Melonie Cannon)
11. ‘Grandma’s Hands’ (With Mavis Staples)
12. ‘Walkin” (With Norah Jones)
13. ‘Till the End of the World’ (With Shelby Lynne)
14. ‘Will You Remember Mine’ (With Lily Meola)
15. ‘Dry Lightning’ (With Emmylou Harris)
16. ‘Making Believe’ (With Brandi Carlile)
17. ‘Have You Ever Seen the Rain’ (With Paula Nelson)
18. ‘After the Fire Is Gone’ (With Tina Rose)

8f979833e7a0f021686a1110.L.jpg

Direct -- CD

Tower of Power

1981 Sheffield Lab Records

Direct is a 1981 live in-studio album by Tower of Power. It was their only album for the direct-to-disc record label Sheffield Lab. It also marked the return of original guitarist Willie James Fulton, not heard from since 1972's Bump City, and the last album to feature saxophonist Lenny Pickett. Mark Sanders plays drums on this album. Between this album and their 1987 comeback album Power they would record the sessions that later became the Dinosaur Tracks CD. Besides that, save for the original single release of "Simple As That" (from the same Dinosaur Tracks sessions), this would be their last new release until 1987. It contained mostly songs from their previous albums but included new stuff as well.

Direct would later be released with alternate takes on CD as Direct PLUS in 1997.

SIDE ONE
1. Fanfare/And You Know It
("Fanfare" written by Greg Adams, "And You Know It" written by Emilio Castillo and Stephen Kupka)
"And You Know It" originally recorded for Back on the Streets (1979)

2. You're Gonna Need Me
(written by Albert King)
New track

3. Squib Cakes
(written by Chester Thompson)
Originally recorded for Back to Oakland (1974)

SIDE TWO
1. That's Why I Sing
(written by Chester Thompson)
New track, later re-recorded during the Dinosaur Tracks sessions in 1983

2. What Is Hip?
(written by Emilio Castillo and Stephen Kupka)
Originally recorded for Tower of Power (1973)

3. Never Let Go Of Love
(written by Greg Levias, Hilary Thompson, and Michael Jeffries)
New track, later re-recorded during the Dinosaur Tracks sessions in 1983

47ff024128a0f371f2432010.L.jpg

Funkology - The Definitive Dazz Band -- CD

Dazz Band

1994 Motown Records

Easily the most comprehensive hits compilation for the Dazz Band, Funkology: The Definitive Dazz Band is a tasteful combination of not only their greatest hits from both phases of their career, but hard-to-find B-side alternate mixes and an amazing Megamix to kick off the album. Dazz delivers all of the goods you would expect from an Ohio funk group from that era: gorgeous production combined with well-thought-out songwriting arrangements wrapped around a slick bassline, topped off with a soulful melody. Since it is out of print, listeners would be well-served by checking out Universal's easily attainable 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection: The Best of the Dazz Band. But if you can find this, by all means Funkology is the way to go. ~ Rob Theakston

Track listing

1. Megamix: Keep It Live (On The K.I.L.) / Joystick / Swoop (I'm Yours) / Let It Whip
2. Nasty Boogie
3. There I Go
4. Ten Toes Up
5. Swoop (I'm Yours)
6. Keep It Live (On the K.I.L.)
7. Love Song, A
8. I Might as Well Forget About Loving You
9. Knock! Knock!
10. Heartbeat
11. Let It Whip - (extended 7" mix)
12. Joystick - (extended 7" mix)
13. Let It All Blow - (alternate master mix edit)
14. Let the Music Play
15. Catchin' up on Love
16. When You Need Roses

51IbnJ8a-nL.jpg

The Last Concert -- 2 CD Chubby Box Set

The Modern Jazz Quartet

1974/1989 Atlantic Jazz

This two-disc live set features the Modern Jazz Quartet in its final concert (at New York City's Lincoln Center in 1974). Though the group would later reunite in the early '80s, there is the distinct feel of retrospective here, looking back on a career of remarkable invention and artistry. Both qualities are in ample evidence during this performance, which showcases the remarkable solo and ensemble playing of John Lewis (piano), Milt Jackson (vibes), Percy Heath (bass), and Connie Kay (drums).The quartet is most notable for its blend of a chamber approach (in its use of the small group with carefully articulated interplay) and the rootsy groove of jazz. Though European classicism inside syncopated swing is (in many ways) the very structure of jazz, the MJQ drove the marriage home. (Even in appearance, they commanded respect by wearing tuxedos on stage.) Whether on standards ("Summertime," "A Night in Tunisia") or excellent originals ("Django," "Bags' Groove"), the MJQ display--in addition to superior musicianship--an abiding interest in history, tradition, and the integrity of the music. These traits help to make THE LAST CONCERT a suitably impressive exhibition by one of jazz's finest small ensembles.

Track Listing
DISC 1:
1. Softly as in a Morning Sunrise
2. The Cylinder
3. Summertime
4. Really True Blues
5. What's New?
6. Blues in A Minor
7. Confirmation
8. 'Round Midnight
9. Night in Tunisia
10. Tears From the Children
11. Blues in H (B)
12. England's Carol

DISC 2:
1. The Golden Striker
2. One Never Knows
3. Trav'lin'
4. Skating in Central Park
5. The Legendary Profile -(bonus track)
6. Concierto de Aranjuez - (bonus track)
7. The Jasmine Tree
8. In Memoriam
9. Django
10. Bags' Groove

Modern Jazz Quartet: John Lewis (piano); Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Percy Heath (bass); Connie Kay (drums).Recorded at Avery Fisher Hall, New York on November 25, 1974.3 LPs on 2 CDs.

Dennie said:
8f979833e7a0f021686a1110.L.jpg

Direct -- CD

Tower of Power

1981 Sheffield Lab Records

Wonder how I missed that one; that was the time I was spending all my nickels on d2d vinyl... :|

Today's work truck music....

dd4ac4988da0c48b6788c010.L.jpg

Wreck of The Day -- CD

Anna Nalick

2005 Columbia Records

Amazon.com

Twenty-year-old Anna Nalick is the rare artist who makes you want to grab pop music's wheels by the spokes so they'll stop spinning so fast. "Wait," the 11 songs on this debut disc say collectively to the newly initiated, "there's something substantial here." An onslaught of substance is more what it feels like, actually, and it grabs hold early. Though each of these songs is distinctive enough to avoid congealing with the others into a gorgeous glop of introspection, heavy sighs, and reflection, leadoff track and first single "Breathe (2 A.M.)" works small wonders as a flagship song. Its simple, lonely piano swirls into guitars that stop just short of rocking, allowing plenty of room for Nalick's unaffected voice to spill in. When it does, the music turns forest-thick and dreamy--influences run the Tori Amos indie singer-songwriter gamut, with streaks of Jewel and Alanis Morissette spiking out--but there's a naturalness and urgency to her singing that saves every chorus and verse from clouding over. Now that she's cautiously alighted into pop territory, sophisticated listeners will do well to dust off their welcome mats. --Tammy La Gorce

"Breathe (2 AM)" – 4:39
"Citadel" – 2:46
"Paper Bag" – 3:27
"Wreck of the Day" – 4:05
"Satellite" – 3:57
"Forever Love (Digame)" – 3:19
"In The Rough" – 4:02
"In My Head" – 4:04
"Bleed" – 3:57
"Catalyst" – 3:34
"Consider This" – 3:34

51QXZcPZjAL.jpg

2012 album from the Grammy winning singer, songwriter and musician. her first album since 2005's Souls Alike. Produced by Joe Henry, the album is her return to the music scene following the deaths of her parents and brother. The album was recorded with her longtime touring band as well as a handful of tracks with top-level musicians such as Bill Frisell. Features the first single 'Right Down The Line', a cover of the Gerry Rafferty hit.

1341501316_folder.jpg

The Essential Oscar Peterson -- The Swinger -- CD

Oscar Peterson

1992 Verve Records

The Greatest Jazz Pianist that Ever Lived
, August 31, 2009
By Carl Armstrong - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Essential Oscar Peterson: The Swinger (Audio CD)

Oscar Peterson is the Vladimir Horowitz of the jazz world.When he was young, his father wanted him to finish school, but Oscar insisted that he wanted to be a professional jazz pianist. His father said the only way he would allow Oscar to quite school would be if he became the very best.He then took his son to hear Art Tatum.Oscar was discovered by Norman Granz who was in a cab in Canada heading for the airport. The cab driver had the radio on and Granz said "Who is that pianist?" The cab driver said it was Oscar Peterson live at a nightclub. Granz said "forget the airport. I have to meet him,"On this CD is the immortal rendition of "Tenderly" that Oscar first played when he made his American debut in Carnegie Hall on September 16, 1950 in Norman Granz immortal series entitled "Jazz at the Philharmonic". It is the very greatest jazz piano arrangement of all time as well as many other tracks which are in a class all by themselves on the superb CD. A true collectors item.

1 Something's Coming - Bernstein, Sondheim 3:51
2 Blues for Big Scotia - Peterson 5:55
3 People - Dunbar, Merrill, Rolie, Schon, Styne 3:32
4 Tour's End - Getz, Getz 4:54
5 Con Alma - Gillespie 6:55
6 Tangerine - Mercer, Schertzinger 4:30
7 March Past - Peterson 3:21
8 Tenderly - Gross, Lawrence 5:37
9 On Green Dolphin Street - Kaper, Washington 7:25
10 Gravy Waltz - Allen, Brown 4:24
11 Seven Come Eleven - Christian, Goodman 3:46
12 Waltz for Debby - Evans, Lees 5:52
13 Brotherhood of Man - Loesser 3:30

Personnel includes: Oscar Peterson (piano); Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Nat Adderley, Roy Eldridge, Ernie Royal, Clark Terry (trumpet); Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Herb Ellis, Barney Kessel (guitar); Ray Brown (bass); Ed Thigpen (drums).Includes liner notes by Harvey Pekar.Personnel: Oscar Peterson (piano); Herb Ellis, Barney Kessel (guitar); Jud "Cannonball Adderley" Brotherly, Jerome Richardson, Norris Turney, Seldon Powell, George Dorsey, Cannonball Adderley (reeds); Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Clark Terry, Ernie Royal, Nat Adderley, Roy Eldridge, Snooky Young, Jimmy Nottingham (trumpet); Morris Secon, Julius Watkins, Willie Ruff, James Buffington, Ray Alonge (French horn); Jimmy Cleveland, Melba Liston, Slide Hampton, Paul Faulise, Britt Woodman (trombone); Don Butterfield (tuba); Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Ed Thigpen (drums).

51Rdyl7Hi8L.jpg

Live At Mcg -- CD

The Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra

2005 Manchester Craftsman's Guild

Voted the number two big band playing in the mid-'00s by a Jazz Times Reader's Poll, the popular, Grammy nominated, L.A.-based ensemble the Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra celebrated 20 years of maintaining and expanding the big band jazz tradition in 2005. As the adage goes, the live setting is where the spirit of jazz really happens, and this recording, Live at MCG -- recorded over a four-day "residency" at the Manchester Craftsmen's Guild in Pittsburgh in May 2004 -- perfectly captures Clayton-Hamilton's spontaneous spirit. Though the core and namesakes of the unit are bassist/conductor John Clayton, saxophonist and flutist Jeff Clayton, and drummer Jeff Hamilton, the trio happily let numerous soloists color the mix. Their feisty, swinging opening take on Hoagy Carmichael's "Georgia," for instance features a frenetic tenor solo by Rickey Woodard, who also adds a spunky energy to the sly, more subtly rhythmic Horace Silver tune "Jody Grind." Up-grooving exercises like these two tracks and "Captain Bill" (as played by Monty Alexander, Ray Brown, and Herb Ellis), are balanced by more introspective numbers. "Nature Boy," featuring John Clayton's dramatic bass bowing, is given a semi-classical reading, while the graceful and moody "Lullaby of the Leaves" features guest solos by George Bohanon (trombone) and Tamir Hendelman (piano). Clayton-Hamilton save their most robust burst of traditional-meets-modern-day energy for "Silver Celebration," John Clayton's fiery tribute to piano great Horace Silver, which features an irrepressible rolling drum solo by Hamilton. This description only scratches the surface of the many colorful textures of a project that sums up all the fun and tradition the Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra have been bringing to the world for two decades. ~ Jonathan Widran

Track Listing
1. Georgia
2. Jody Grind
3. Nature Boy
4. Lullaby of the Leaves
5. Silver Celebration
6. Captain Bill
7. Mood Indigo
8. Evidence
9. Like a Lover
10. Eternal Triangle
11. Squatty Roo

Personnel: Randy Napoleon (guitar); Jeff Clayton (flute, alto flute, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Keith Fiddmont (clarinet, alto saxophone); Rickey Woodward (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Lee Callet (bass clarinet, baritone saxophone); Charles Owens II (tenor saxophone); Clay Jenkins, Gilbert Castellanos, Sal Cracchiolo (trumpet); George Bohanon, Ira Nepus (trombone); Maurice Spears (bass trombone); Tamir Hendelman (piano); Jeff Hamilton (drums).Audio Mixers: Jay Ashby; Jay Dudt.Editors: Jay Ashby; Jay Dudt.Photographer: Robert Bowman.Arrangers: John Clayton; Tamir Hendelman.

Today's work truck music...

71a162e89da0f533bf2d2110.L.jpg

Straight Shooter -- CD

Bad Company

1974 Swan Song Records

Another Hot One From Bad Co., September 11, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Straight Shooter (Audio CD)

Bad Co.'s second album is as good as the first. "Good Lovin' Gone Bad" could be about any relationship, romantic or otherwise, on the rocks, "Deal With The Preacher" and "Wild Fire Woman" express pure lust, and "Shooting Star" warns against overindulgence, while "Feel Like Makin' Love" shows feeling of genuine devotion. This is an album of incredible intensity from the most straightforward English rockers of the 70s.

Side one

1. "Good Lovin' Gone Bad" (Mick Ralphs) – 3:35
2. "Feel Like Makin' Love" (Paul Rodgers, Ralphs) – 5:12
3. "Weep No More" (Simon Kirke) – 3:59
4. "Shooting Star" (Rodgers) – 6:16

Side two

1. "Deal With the Preacher" (Rodgers, Ralphs) – 5:01
2. "Wild Fire Woman" (Rodgers, Ralphs) – 4:32
3. "Anna" (Kirke) – 3:41
4. "Call on Me" (Rodgers) – 6:03

Hey JayD, Welcome! :text-welcomewave:

You come in with the best Avatar, evar! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: Tell us a bit about yourself!

Well I'd hazard a guess he's a Queen fan... :laughing:

Welcome, JayD!

After talking to an old friend, I decided to come over and maybe have a go at this forum. No time for grudge matches, as I never held any in S&V.

I was Masher. Yes, hell has frozen over and am looking to discuss HT, etc on a forum that actually functions and has competent admins. Life has finally settled down after a few years and I am now able to get back into the HT hobby.

Back