• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

619xIxK%2Bh1L._SL500_.jpg

Come On In This House -- SACD

Junior Wells

1996 Telarc Music

All tracks have been digitally remastered.

Junior Wells' penchant for clowning around sometimes conflicts with his craftsmanship, but he's all business on Come on in This House, his most unadulterated blues record since his highly acclaimed Hoodoo Man Blues of more than 30 years vintage. This is what has come to be known as an "unplugged" session -- that is, predominately, although not exclusively, acoustic instrumentation. Producer John Snyder's concept was threefold: to team Wells with some of the era's top younger traditional blues guitarists -- Corey Harris, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Sonny Landreth, Bob Margolin, and John Mooney; to have those musicians, in various combinations, accompany Wells on a variety of slide guitars; and to concentrate on vintage Chicago and Delta blues from the repertoires of Rice Miller, Little Walter, Tampa Red, Arthur Crudup, and Wells himself. The result is a virtual slide-guitar mini-fest and a demonstration of the timeless appeal of classic blues done well. Wells' vocals are deep and manly; his harp playing is high-pitched, like a child's pleading. A surprising highlight is the only contemporary tune on the disc, Tracy Chapman's "Give Me One Reason." New Orleans drummer Herman Ernest III, who appears on 11 of the 14 cuts, does a masterful job laying down understated rhythmic grooves. ~ Steve Hoffman

Track listing

1. What My Momma Told Me / That's All Right
2. Why Are People Like That?
3. Trust My Baby
4. Million Years Blues
5. Give Me One Reason
6. Ships on the Ocean
7. She Wants to Sell My Monkey
8. So Glad You're Mine
9. Mystery Train
10. I'm Gonna Move to Kansas City
11. King Fish Blues
12. You Better Watch Yourself
13. Come on in This House
14. Goat, The

51AEWtd7lCL.jpg

Madman Across The Water -- CD

Elton John

1971 Polydor Records

The first of the best, April 27, 2011
By L. Lawhead "LSquared" (SW Illinois) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Madman Across the Water (Audio CD)

This was the first Elton John album I owned (on vinyl), and there was no doubt about upgrading to CD/digital. A very solid offering from what I consider his peak period. From Madman, to Honky Chateau, into Don't Shoot Me, culminating with Goodbye Yellow Brick. All excellent, all worth having. Looking back over 35+ years, I'd rate this as the least excellent of that quartet, but all are worthy. But Madman (which peaked at only #8) laid the groundwork for the subsequent string of #1 albums.

Levon was the hit, peaking at #24, and Tiny Dancer just missed the Top 40 (peaked at #41). Both were mainstays of AOR radio, as was the title track. All are classic songs.

The rest of the album is not quite as as memorable. Holiday Inn & Rotten Peaches are certainly solid. But Indian Sunset always seemed a little overblown, and I never quite got the whole think about an Englishman singing (fisrt person) about the plight of the Native Americans... All The Nasties and Goodbbye are pretty much forgettable. Not bad, but certainly not essential.

1. "Tiny Dancer" 6:15
2. "Levon" 5:22
3. "Razor Face" 4:44
4. "Madman Across the Water" 5:56
5. "Indian Sunset" 6:45
6. "Holiday Inn" 4:17
7. "Rotten Peaches" 4:56
8. "All the Nasties" 5:08
9. "Goodbye" 1:48

When this album was issued on cassette MCA swapped the places of "Razor Face" and "Rotten Peaches" on side one and two of the tape. The SACD version of the album contained a longer version of "Razor Face" which extended the song-ending jam to 6:42 instead of the early fade on the original album.

The song "Holiday Inn" was written for Adam Diaz. An additional verse in the recorded version that was originally part of the song was either omitted during recording or edited out of the final album version. It can, however, be heard on "unofficial" live recordings of the song from some of his concerts during this period, which have circulated among collectors.

31fRwOkCbKL.jpg

Breaking Silence -- Remastered CD

Janis Ian

1992 Morgan Creek Records

Silence finds Ian ditching her past waifishness for a confident, mature, contemporary acoustic approach relying mostly on spare guitar and piano textures. Opening with "All Roads to the River" (also recorded by John Mellencamp), Breaking Silence includes among its highlights the Holocaust-survivor tale "Tattoo" and the dramatic half-a cappella, half-syncopated-rocker title track. ~ Roch Parisien

Track Listing
1. All Roads to the River
2. Ride Me Like a Wave
3. Tattoo
4. Guess You Had to Be There
5. What About the Love?
6. His Hands
7. Walking on Sacred Ground
8. This Train Still Runs
9. Through the Years
10. This House
11. Some People's Lives - (live)
12. Breaking Silence

Personnel: Janis Ian (vocals, acoustic guitar, piano), Dan Huff (electric guitar), Jim Hoke (harmonica), Chad Watson (bass, slide bass), Jim Brock (drums, percussion).Recorded at Nightingale Studio, Schnee Studio, Omni Studio and Quad Studio, Nashville, Tennessee.All songs written or co-written by Janis Ian. All songs have been digitally remastered.Composers: Rhonda Fleming; Jeff Balding; Jess Leary; Jon Vezner.

51qtCfLs4dL.jpg

Out of Sight -- SACD

Poncho Sanchez

2003 Concord Picante

The legendary conguero may be known as one of the modern kings of all jazz that's Latin, but he's also an old-school soul junkie at heart, having grown up in southern California in the '60s; while he was learning to play tropical Latin music professionally, his radio was full of classic Stax and Motown. Increasingly aware that classic R&B songs adapt well to the jazzy cha cha tempos that drive his ensemble, Sanchez evolves beautifully on the new collection into a style of Latin soul that's truly compelling. The opening track, the funky, brass-driven cha cha "One Mint Julep," features not only the organ arpeggios of Billy Preston, but also two of the horn guys from the James Brown band, Fred Wesley and Pee Wee Ellis. "JB's Strut" funks out with the horniest of them, but Brown is paid even greater homage on blues/soul/big-band/Latin renderings of three of his tunes, "Saints and Sinners," "Out of Sight" (sung with a tongue-in-cheek Brown bravura by Sanchez), and "Conmigo." And while he's at it, Sanchez invites two legendary soul men to make things even more authentic. Sam Moore has a blast with the sassy "Hitch It to the Horse," while Ray Charles adds his whimsical touch to the salsified blues tune "Mary Ann." The remaining question is, just where is the Godfather of Soul himself? Hopefully, he's proud of one of the most unique tributes to him ever fashioned. ~ Jonathan Widran

1. One Mint Julep
2. El Shing-A-Ling
3. Hitch It To The Horse
4. Saints & Sinners
5. Mary Ann
6. Not Necessarily
7. Conmigo
8. JB's Strut
9. Out Of Sight
10. El Tambor Del Mongo

This is a hybrid Super Audio CD playable on both regular and Super Audio CD players.This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.Personnel: Poncho Sanchez (vocals, congas, percussion); Ray Charles, Sam Moore (vocals); Scott Martin (alto, tenor & baritone saxophone, flute); Pee Wee Ellis (alto & tenor saxophones); Serafin Aguilar (trumpet, flugelhorn); Francisco Torres, Fred Wesley (trombone); Dale Spaulding (harmonica); David Torres (piano, Hammond B-3 organ); Billy Preston (organ); Sal Vasquez (guitar, tres, bongos, percussion); George Ortiz (congas, timbales); Francisco Aguabella (bata drums).Recorded at O'Henry Sound, Burbank, California; G Digital Sound, Studio City, California; Capitol, Hollywood, California; Fourth Street Studios, Santa Monica, California. Includes liner notes by Jesse "Chuy" Varela.

Today's work truck music....

61C8VmV4X1L._SL500_.jpg

Love's Been Rough On Me -- CD

Etta James

1997 RCA Records

THE ONE AND ONLY ETTA JAMES, August 28, 2005
By R. Rodriguez "Mayan Traveler" (Maui Hawaii) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Love's Been Rough on Me (Audio CD)

Etta James takes on a country feel on this release but being that it IS Etta James one would think that there were no other country singers ever. From the opening tract "The Rock" you feel the pain in this womans soul. when she sings " Now you say I`m only holding you down like some ole rock you been draggin around " You know that she has felt it and she makes you feel it too.The following song " Cry like A Rainy Day " Has Etta`s voice soaring to its highest high and down to its lowest lows never clearer, stronger, and just as powerful as ever this lady can SANG. The Title Track will bring you to tears she sings " Have Mercy Baby Loves Been Rough On Me " her voice and style take you down a path of broken dreams and hearts as only Etta can do.Her rendition of "If I Had Any Pride At all" and I`ve Been Lovin You" Will have you running for a tissue. And then as if to rescue your broken heart Etta sings " I Can Give You Everything " to bring you back from that edge. To round the offering out the closing tract was written by Etta herself with her son Donto and Josh Sklair." Done In The Dark" is catchy, sassy,in your face, I know your doing me wrong kinda song,a fitting end to these sessions.
As with all of her recordings the backing musicians are a tight and well oiled unit one wonders if playing with the best brings out the best I`m not sure but it sure sounds that way. This CD belongs in everyone ones collection
I was lucky enough to of seen this Lady twice this summer she can still belt em out and stir your soul, she is after all THE ONE AND ONLY ETTA JAMES

Track listing

1. Rock, The
2. Cry Like a Rainy Day
3. Love's Been Rough on Me
4. Love It or Leave It Alone
5. Don't Touch Me
6. Hold Me (Just a Little Longer Tonight)
7. If I Had Any Pride Left at All
8. I Can Give You Everything
9. I've Been Loving You Too Long
10. Done in the Dark

e17f828fd7a06602d2234110.L.jpg

The In Sound From Way Out -- CD

The Beastie Boys

1996 Capitol Records

A testament to the talent of the Beastie Boys is that even a compilation of instrumental cuts, all previously released (although some admittedly on limited-run singles), could remain relevant to the music world. Not only is THE IN SOUND FROM WAY OUT intriguing, but it could be argued to be the greatest statement of the threesome's musicianship. In their existence, the Beasties have transmuted themselves from a streetwise hardcore band, to a bratty white-boy rap collective, to a more sincere rap trio, to indie-funk-soul-punk-rap innovators.These instrumental interludes started popping up in the last of these phases, and play like groove-funk soundtracks to '70s films that never were. From most artists, a collection such as this one would seem self-serving and pretentious, but these are the Beastie Boys. Wordless wonders like "Eugene's Lament" and "In 3's," rightly deserve a spot on the musical landscape. No, this is not a calculated marketing strategy to extract money from consumers, but a CD that pretty much had to be; these cuts the Beastie's laid down on separate albums were meant to be played together, and THE IN SOUND FROM WAY OUT completes that puzzle.

Track Listing
1. Groove Holmes
2. Sabrosa
3. Namast‚
4. Pow
5. Son of Neckbone
6. In 3's
7. Eugene's Lament
8. Bobo on the Corner
9. Shambala
10. Lighten Up
11. Ricky's Theme
12. Transitions
13. Drinkin' Wine

THE IN SOUND FROM WAY OUT! is an album of instrumentals, many of which were originally released on the albums CHECK YOUR HEAD and ILL COMMUNICATION.The Beastie Boys: Adam Horovitz (electric guitar); Adam Yauch (bass); Mike D (drums).Additional personnel: Eugene Gore (violin); Mark Ramos Nishita (keyboards); Eric Bobo (percussion).Engineers: Mario Caldato, Jr., The Beastie Boys.Personnel: Ad-Rock (electric guitar); Mike D (drums).Photographer: Eli Bonerz.

71K6GgHh2DL_zps67fed312.jpg

Black Sun Brazilian Contemporary Instrumental Music

Various Artists

1991 Black Sun Records (Import Germany)

Paul Horn, an American jazz flutist who is also known as one of the fathers of new age music, has long had a reputation for introducing Brazilian artists to audiences in the United States and Europe. The Black Sun collection includes selections from The Altitude of the Sun, his 1976 collaboration with guitarist and arranger Egberto Gismonti. Brazilian Contemporary Instrumental Music features two cuts by the Brazilian band, Azymuth. Azymuth made a name for itself in the early 80s playing an infectious music that blends South American rhythms with jazz improvisation and rock and roll. After touring with Airto Moreira and Flora Purim, the group hit the top 10 in jazz charts with its debut release, Light As A Feather.

The recording also includes selections from trumpeter Marcio Montarroyos, one of Brazil's most respected session musicians, who has recorded extensively with Sergio Mendes, Milton Nascimento, and Antonio Carlos Jobim. His exuberant style, which blends jazz fusion, classical, funk, rock, African music, and Brazilian folk, has evolved from traditional samba roots, Samba Solstice, to a unique style that the artist calls primitive-techno, Terra Mater. Brazilian Contemporary Instrumental Music also includes the smooth Brazilian fusion sounds of Walton Ornato's California Suite, a group that combines the zest of samba and bossa nova with the elegance of classical music and the soul of jazz. Finally, Roxy Music veteran Phil Manzanera and film composer and recording artist Sergio Dias present an unusual juxtaposition of driving rock textures and Brazilian rhythms on two selections from their 1990 release, Mato Grosso.

71vyyvzrJ4L_zps84784724.jpg

I thought I would give myself some beautiful listening pleasure while I am in the kitchen. This has been part of our music collection since the beginning!

61Eqot0pdaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

vid.game.1092b.jpg

baa551c88da0e0240000f110.L.jpg

In Modern Times -- SACD

Spyro Gyra

2001 Heads Up Records

Absolutely amazing. Great music, awesome recording, January 25, 2003
By Theodore Hyatt "bronxer" (Bronx, NY) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: In Modern Times (Hybr) (Audio CD)

Absolutely must hear this sacd! I was floored by the clarity, fluidity of sound. I felt like I was almost able to touch it! Especially the fourth song (can't remember the name. I do not own it yet -- buying it online and waiting for delivery, but my friend has it).
I consider this one of the best of anything I ever heard! If it wasn't sacd, it would still be great, but the sound reproduction is flawless, and the harmonics and tonal purity make it a MUST HAVE!!!
By the way, I listened to it on a Yamaha RX V1 with Pioneer Elite DV45A with Polk RT11's.
Buy this sacd and you will NOT be sorry.

"After Hours" (Jay Beckenstein/Chuck Loeb) - 5:08
"Feelin' Fine" (Jay Beckenstein) - 4:23
"Julio's Party" (Julio Fernandez) - 5:08
"The River Between" (Scott Ambush) - 6:45
"Groovin for Grover" (Tom Schuman) - 5:50
"Open Door" (Julio Fernandez) - 4:38
"Florida Straits" (Jay Beckenstein) - 4:18
"Feelin' Fine Pt. 2" (Jay Beckenstein/Chuck Loeb) - 4:04
"East River Blues" (Jay Beckenstein) - 6:14
"Your Touch" (Jay Beckenstein/Tom Schuman) - 5:10
"Lucky Bounce" (Jeremy Wall) - 4:18
"Planet J" (Joel Rosenblatt/Phil Magallanes) - 4:42

71B-UHGeLTL_zps8dc104ea.jpg

Trombone For Lovers -- CD

Roswell Rudd

2013 Sunnyside Records

The album begins with Stan Jones’s ”Ghost Riders In the Sky,” a spirited, soulful take on the cowboy classic. John Lennon and Paul McCartney’s “Here, There & Everywhere” features the wonderfully idiosyncratic vocals of Bob Dorough over Medeski’s lush organ. Frank Loesser’s “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” follows with a gospel tint as Bernstein and Rudd play in a moving duet. Vocalist Fay Victor lends her talents to a moving, blues drenched version of Richard Jones’s “Trouble In Mind” which is followed by a percussive, New Orleans parade beat on “Struttin’ with Some Barbecue.”

Santo and Johnny Farina’s 1950s classic “Sleepwalk” is taken as a laconically lush ballad. Doucet and Sturm join Rudd on the Joseph Kosme standard “Autumn Leaves” in a spare but swinging trio followed by an appropriately groovy rendition of Booker T. Jones’s “Green Onions,” featuring Bernstein and Gary Lucas. Redd Stewart and Pee Wee King’s “Tennessee Waltz” finds the trombonist with Doucet and Sturm for a quietly strolling take on the Western classic. An emphatic rendition of Ellington’s “Come Sunday” is followed by an elegiac rendition of “Unchained Melody.”

Weill and Anderson’s “September Song” is lovingly rendered by the trio of Doucet, Sturm and Rudd before the country swing of Verna Gillis and Rudd’s “Funky Little Sweet Thing,” featuring the lilting vocals of Heather Masse. The recording concludes with a suite consisting of a multitude of arrangements of Alfred Hayes and Earl Robinson’s “Joe Hill” featuring the NYC Labor Chorus, pianist Dennis Nelson and rapper Reggie Bennett.

A performer of eclectic taste and stylistic breadth, Roswell Rudd has provided an intriguing recording of music that has made an impact on him. Trombone for Lovers is a tribute to a lifetime of listening and love of music through the collaboration of an eclectic crew of musical friends.

Album Tracks

1. Ghost Riders in the Sky
2. Here, There & Everywhere
3. Baby, It's Cold Outside
4. Trouble in Mind
5. Struttin' with Some Barbecue
6. Sleepwalk
7. Autumn Leaves
8. Green Onions
9. Tennessee Waltz
10. Come Sunday
11. Unchained Melody
12. September Song
13. Funky Little Sweet Thing/Slow Dance for Fast Times
14. Joe Hill [Trombone Solo with Piano Accompaniment] [Version]
15. Joe Hill [NYC Labor Chorus] [Version]
16. Joe Hill [The Relenteless Walk] [Version]
17. Joe Hill [Joe Hill Will Never Die] [Version]
18. [CD-ROM Track] [Multimedia Track]

Roswell Rudd - trombone
John Medeski - Hammond B-3
Richard Hammond - bass
Aaron Comess - drums
Steven Bernstein - slide trumpet
Bob Dorough - vocal
Fay Victor - vocal
Michael Doucet - violin
Rolf Sturm - guitar
Gary Lucas - electric guitar
Heather Masse - vocals
Ira Coleman - bass
Matthew Fink - guitar
T Xiques - drums
NYC Labor Chorus - choir
Reggie Bennett - rap

I played trombone from gradeschool thru college jazz band, even into my first bar band in a Chicago cover band, but its still not an instrument that I actively pursue as far as listening... :shifty: :|

Botch said:
I played trombone from gradeschool thru college jazz band, even into my first bar band in a Chicago cover band, but its still not an instrument that I actively pursue as far as listening... :shifty: :|

I read the 4 star (excellent) review in Downbeat and just had to find out. Hell, I think I paid $16+ for it.

Upon further listening..... I like it. It took a few songs to "catch on" to the sound, I mean there is also a "Slide Trumpet" on this recording, how many times do we hear either one? But there is a uniqueness to this recording that is quite amazing. John Medeski is great on the B3 and it all just works, as whacky as it seems and sounds at times, it works nicely.

For Lovers? Yeah, I can see that! "September Song", one of my favorite songs, is just beautiful. "Green Onion" rocks in a funky way. "Ghost Riders" was kinda weird on the Trombone. "Baby It's Cold Outside" was played back and forth by Rudd and Steven Bernstein on the slide trumpet and I really enjoyed the interplay. "Sleepwalk" blew me away, in a gravely, groovy, funky kinda way.

I would have to say the 4 star review is correct and I think I'll like it more with each listen.

Dennie :text-bravo:

Today's work truck music....

Phoebe-Snow-Phoebe-Snow-458630.jpg

Phoebe Snow -- CD

Phoebe Snow

1995 The Right Stuff

Phoebe Snow is the eponymous debut album by singer/songwriter Phoebe Snow, released in 1974 (see 1974 in music). It contains her Top 5 Billboard pop hit, "Poetry Man".

All songs by Phoebe Snow, except where noted

"Good Times" (Sam Cooke) – 2:20
"Harpo's Blues" – 4:22
"Poetry Man" – 4:36
"Either or Both" – 3:52
"San Francisco Bay Blues" (Jesse Fuller) – 3:29
"I Don't Want the Night to End" – 3:55
"Take Your Children Home" – 4:15
"It Must Be Sunday" – 5:50
"No Show Tonight" – 2:57

ab9b51c88da0392294103210.L.jpg

Brotherhood -- CD

The Gene Harris Quartet

1995 Concord Records

The Gene Harris Quartet was quite consistent in its many Concord recordings of the 1990s. The group on this disc (pianist Harris, guitarist Ron Eschete, bassist Luther Hughes, and drummer Paul Humphrey) performs soulful and bluesy versions of such songs as "I Remember You," "The Brotherhood of Man," Lee Morgan's "The Sidewinder," and even "September Song." All of Harris' records from this era are easily recommended to fans of soul-jazz, soulful hard bop, and blues-oriented jazz. ~ Scott Yanow

Track Listing
1. I Remember You
2. For Once in My Life
3. The Brotherhood of Man
4. When You Wish Upon a Star
5. The Sidewinder
6. I Told You So
7. September Song
8. This Little Light of Mine
9. A Beautiful Friendship

Gene Harris Quartet: Gene Harris (piano); Ron Eschete (guitar); Luther Hughes (bass); Paul Humphrey (drums).Recorded at Master Track Studios, Hayward, California on August 4 & 5, 1992. Includes liner notes by Chris Albertson.

_57_zpsf45923c0.jpg

I Am The Blues -- ORM CD

Willie Dixon

1970/1993 Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs

This is part of Legacy's Roots N' Blues series.Titling an album I AM THE BLUES might seen like an unseemly boast, but if there is anyone in blues history who can stand up to that piece of bravura, it's Willie Dixon. Over the course of his career, and in particular during his tenure at Chess Records in the '50s and '60s, he produced most of the best work of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and a host of other greats. He also penned a suitcase full of tunes that defined Chicago blues, easily the most influential strand of the blues in the post-war era.Here, he tears into nine of them along with his crack band of Chicago All-Stars, including phenomenal blues harmonica player Shaky Jake. The result is as close to a blues master class as you're likely to hear.

1. Back Door Man
2. I Can't Quit You, Baby
3. The Seventh Son
4. Spoonful
5. I Ain't Superstitious
6. You Shook Me
7. (I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man
8. The Little Red Rooster
9. The Same Thing

Personnel: Willie Dixon (vocals, bass); Johnny Shines (guitar); Walter "Shakey" Horton (harmonica); Sunnyland Slim, Lafayette Leake (piano); Clifton James (drums).Reissue producer: Lawrence Cohn.Includes liner notes by Pete Welding.Digitally remastered by David Mitson (Sony Music Studios, Los Angeles).

scott_shirl_likecozys_101b_zps17a5eb78.jpg

Like Cozy -- Remastered CD

The Shirley Scott Trio

1960/2001 Prestige Records

The groove of the recordings heard on Like Cozy is what we've come to expect from Ms. Scott, late-night smooth groove that was heavy on ballads, medium bounce standards, and melodic interplay between leader and sidemen -- a trademark specialty of the label. Scott's piano playing is elegant and reminiscent of both Errol Garner's and Billy Taylor's. She has Garner's ornate sense of style, and Taylor's medium touch and sparse phrasing. A listen to the ballads and bounces here offers Scott's dimensions and inventions as a pianist. The rest of the disc, where Scott resumes her organist's duties, is a pretty and restrained affair, with just enough funk to keep the listener in the groove -- and it's all groove: smooth, slow, and slippery. Tracks such as "'Deed I Do" holds the blues firmly in its grasp as Scott extrapolates on the changes with a subtle but defined harmonic invention. There are no stunners here, but there weren't meant to be. These records were designed for the late-night-after-the-club feel, and they work that way. Like Ben Webster's Ballads or With Strings, these recordings are soundtracks for midnight rendezvous or early in the morning trysts with a loved one. [A Fantasy "two-fer" reissue added another LP from 1960, The Shirley Scott Trio, issued as Moodsville 5. It too features the talents of bassist George Duvivier and drummer Arthur Edgehill, plus two cuts with Scott playing piano.] ~ Thom Jurek

Track Listing
1. Sweet Lorraine
2. I Thought I'd Let You Know
3. I Should Care
4. Spring Is Here
5. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
6. Ain't I Good to You? Gee Baby
7. Until the Real Thing Comes Along
8. Lover Man
9. Like Cozy
10. Little Girl Blue
11. Laura
12. You Do Something to Me
13. Once in a While
14. 'Deed I Do
15. More Than You Know
16. My Heart Stood Still

The Shirley Scott Trio: Shirley Scott (piano, Hammond organ); George Duvivier, George Tucker (bass); Arthur Edgehill (drums).Producer: Esmond Edwards.Originally released on the Prestige subsidiary Moodsville Records.Recorded in Hackensack, New Jersey on October 23, 1958 and Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on April 8 and September 27, 1960. Includes liner notes by Ron Eyre and Tom Wilson.Digitally remastered by Kirk Felton (Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).

Back