• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Great choice Keith... :handgestures-thumbup:

Today's work truck music....

6ac871a88da03eac8586d110.L.jpg

Daylight Again -- CD

Crosby, Stills & Nash

1982 Atlantic Records

Amazon.com

In 1982, there were few groups as out of phase as CSN. Their supergroup status once lionized in the late '60s and early '70s had turned into liability. Viewed as fossils by the emerging MTV generation, they steadfastly stood with their heartfelt idealistic politics on their sleeve. Produced by El Lay producer extraordinaire Craig Doerge (known mostly for adding synthesizer to the work of Jackson Browne among others) and Stanley Johnson, Daylight Again features several noteworthy songs. "Wasted on the Way," "Southern Cross," and "Into the Darkness" are among the more substantial contributions from these musicians struggling to find their place in a world clearly getting away from them. --Rob O'Connor

1. "Turn Your Back On Love" (Stills, Nash, Michael Stergis) – 4:51
2. "Wasted on the Way" (Nash) – 2:52
3. "Southern Cross" (Stills, Richard Curtis, Michael Curtis) – 4:41
4. "Into The Darkness" (Nash) – 3:23
5. "Delta" (Crosby) – 4:15
6. "Since I Met You" (Stills, Stergis) – 3:12
7. "Too Much Love To Hide" (Stills, Gerry Tolman) – 3:58
8. "Song For Susan" (Nash) – 3:08
9. "You Are Alive" (Stills, Stergis) – 3:04
10. "Might As Well Have A Good Time" (Lyrics by Judy Henske, Music by Craig Doerge) – 4:28
11. "Daylight Again: (a) Daylight Again (b) Find The Cost Of Freedom" (Stills) – 2:36

i am having a lot of fun listening to Herb Alpert.

at one point it was chuck mangione, then i traversed to Herb Alpert... then discovered his history and being the A in A&M Records. Then he married one of my favorite singers in the world, Lani Hall...

Amazing stuff man. really a great picker upper, just dont over listen to it or it kills the mood.

81L7V3Q3rBL._SX466_.jpg

41nDZe0k5XL._SX466_.jpg

Then jumped in the way back machine to grade 6. Sitting at my buddies playing Risk and listening to Boston!! :music-rockout:
51CsLpTb2hL.jpg

Happy Sunday everyone... :banana-dance:

51Jzq4Eo-bL.jpg

A Hawaiian Christmas -- CD

Amy Hanaialii

2007 Tiki Man Records

Amy H„naiali'i has a gorgeous voice -- that much can safely be taken as an assumption at this point. Lately, she's been exploring some new musical directions with outstanding results. On this album, she takes on the classic Christmas songbook, but with a twist: some two-thirds of the songs are in Hawaiian. What this can do for the casual listener is provide a series of surprises. Glancing at the track listing, one doesn't recognize much of the fare; certainly, few listeners have a keen familiarity with "Hamau E Na Kanaka" -- or do they? Shortly into the song, despite the usage of Hawaiian, one suddenly realizes it's "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." Because of the way that the Hawaiian language can flow gently, using few hard consonants and many long vowels, the songs come out beautifully. If anything, the language conversion serves to highlight H„naiali'i's vocals further -- you know the song, but the lyrical content is essentially removed for most listeners. No songs show themselves as clear highlights, and all somewhat equally jostle one another for their time in the spotlight. They're all standards of composition and tradition, but Amy H„naiali'i's peerless vocals present them in a grand way. ~ Adam Greenberg

Track Listing
1. Hamau E Na Kanaka
2. Betelehema Iki E
3. Silent Night
4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
5. Pomaika 'I Wale Ko Ke Ao
6. Ho'onani Kakou IA IA
7. Ka Po La'ela'e Ka Hikina Mai
8. Little Drummer Boy / Do You Hear What I Hear?
9. O Holy Night
10. White Christmas
11. Mele Kalikimaka
12. Mary Did You Know?
13. Ke Akua Mana E
14. Ave Maria

Personnel: Amy H„naiali'i (shaker); Jeffrey Peterson (guitar, 6-string guitar, 12-string guitar, steel guitar, classical guitar, ukulele); David "Chino" Montero (6-string guitar, ukulele); Bobby Ingano (steel guitar); Chino Montero (ukulele); Stephen Jones (upright bass).

17bb810ae7a0e09a9226e110.L.jpg

Christmas At My House -- CD

Larry Carlton

1989 MCA Master Series

A beautiful mix of guitar and vocals, with a few surprises December 7, 1998
By A Customer
Format:Audio CD

You probably think, "Aargh, another Christmas album!" Surprisingly, this is a great one. LC is at his best on "Little Drummer Boy" and "The Christmas Song". Every time I play this at Christmas, everyone wants to know "who is that, anyway?" There are 2 nice surprises on the album - a great pop tune called "Ringing the Bells of Christmas" sung by Michele Pillar and "The Christmas Song (vocal) also by Pillar. Her voice is gorgeous - rich, deep, clear highs. Reminiscent of Karen Carpenter, but much more sultry and mature. Carlton has all the usual suspects on the album as well, including Kirk Whalum, Terry Trotter, Abe Laboriel. A real family album. A real nice one, too! Merry Christmas!

Track Listing
1. The - (TRUE instrumental) Christmas Song
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Silent Night / It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
4. White Christmas
5. The Holly and the Ivy
6. Ringing the Bells of Christmas
7. What Child Is This?
8. The Little Drummer Boy
9. Joy to the World
10. My Favorite Things / We Three Kings Of Orient Are
11. The - (vocal) Christmas Song

916HPghu2BWL_zps034079d8.jpg

On The Sunny Side of The Street -- Remastered CD

Ella & Basie - Arranged by Quincy Jones

1963/1984 MGM/Polygram Records

Surprisingly enough this 1963 LP was the first time (other than a couple songs) that Ella Fitzgerald and Count Basie recorded together. (The match-up was so logical that it would be repeated many times over the next 20 years.) Fitzgerald sounds fine and, even if Quincy Jones' arrangements did not give the Basie musicians as much space for solos -- although two songs do feature a bit of trumpeter Joe Newman, trombonist Urbie Green and Frank Foster on tenor -- this is an enjoyable effort. High points include "Honeysuckle Rose," "Them There Eyes" and "Shiny Stockings." ~ Scott Yanow

TRACK LISTING:

1 Honeysuckle Rose
2 'Deed I Do
3 Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall
4 Them There Eyes
5 Dream A Little Dream Of Me
6 Tea For Two
7 Satin Doll
8 I'm Beginning To See The Light
9 Shiny Stockings
10 My Last Affair
11 Ain't Misbehavin'
12 On The Sunny Side Of The Street

Personnel includes: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Count Basie (piano); Frank Foster, Frank Wess (alto & tenor saxophones, flute); Joe Newman (trumpet); Benny Powell (trombone); Freddie Green (guitar); Sonny Payne (drums). All tracks have been digitally remastered

61B6WqpGcmL.jpg

Johnny Hodges, Soloist -- Remastered 24bit CD

Billy Strayhorn and THE Orchestra

1962/1999 Verve Master Edition

A rare look at Hodges and Strayhorn without Ellington April 27, 1999
By A Customer

This disc which is the result of a session in 1961 that features Johhny Hodges on alto sax with Billy Strayhorn as the band leader. Detail of the session is related in Lush Life the biographpy of Billy Strayhorn (pg 217). Briefly, Strayhorn was given free rein in providing new arrangments of songs by Ellington, Hodges and himself. In the 30 plus years they worked together Strayhorn used the Ellington orchestra to feature Hodges. However, this disc really puts Hodges in the forefront of the orchestra and the results are tremendous. Hodges, under Strayhorns direction gives top notch redendtions of 2 of the greatest songs they did together, Day Dream and I Got It Bad. I haven't stopped playing this disc, comparing the arrangements by Strayhorn and playing by Hodges against other Ellington discs. Another one you may want to try is "And His Mother Called Him Bill" which I think is Hodges greatest performance. Oh by the way, Happy 100th Birthday Duke (April 29th) We love you madly!

Track Listing
1. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
2. I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
3. The Gal from Joe's
4. Your Love Has Faded
5. I'm Just a Lucky So and So
6. Jeep's Blues
7. Day Dream
8. Juice A-Plenty
9. Azure
10. Tailor Made
11. Stardust

Personnel: Johnny Hodges (alto saxophone); Billy Strayhorn (conductor); Russell Procope (alto saxophone, clarinet); Jimmy Hamilton (tenor saxophone, clarinet); Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone); Harry Carney (baritone saxophone, bass clarinet); Cat Anderson, Shorty Baker, Bill Berry, Ed Mullens, Howard McGhee (trumpet); Lawrence Brown, Quentin Jackson (trombone); Chuck Connors (bass trombone); Jimmy Jones (piano); Aaron Bell (bass); Sam Woodyard (drums).Producer: Creed Taylor.Reissue producer: Ben Young.Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey in December 1961. Originally issued on Verve (8452). Includes liner notes by Loren Schoenberg and Stanley Dance.Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Kevin Reeves (Polygram Studios).This is part of the Verve Records Master Edition series

51kHwfPgaiL_zpscffdbc12.jpg

Sarah + 2 -- Remastered 24bit CD

Sarah Vaughan + Barney Kessel & Joe Comfort

1962/2006 Roulette/Blue Note Records

Her voice was a force of nature, and throughout the 1940s and '50s Sarah Vaughan was paired with every conceivable permutation of jazz combo. In 1962, the critical and popular success of the novel, bare-bones AFTER HOURS album (recorded with only a guitarist and bassist) inspired this similarly spare follow-up from the same year. Here, she teams with guitarist Barney Kessel and upright bassist Joe Comfort on 11 torchy standards that showcase her full-bodied sostenuto and her sophisticated approach to harmonics. "When Sunny Gets Blue," in particular, shimmers in this simple setting, and Kessel and Comfort provide tasteful support at every turn.

Track Listing
1. Just in Time
2. When Sunny Gets Blue
3. All I Do Is Dream of You
4. I Understand
5. Goodnight Sweetheart
6. Won't You Please Come Home Baby
7. When Lights Are Low
8. Key Largo
9. Just Squeeze Me
10. All or Nothing at All
11. The Very Thought of You

Personnel: Sarah Vaughan (vocals); Barney Kessel (guitar); Joe Comfort (bass instrument)

4a3581b0c8a03cdb74c0d110.L.jpg

Days of Future Passed -- Remastered CD

The Moody Blues with The London Festival Orchestra Conducted by Peter Knight

1967/1997 Deram/Decca Records

One of the best albums, January 27, 2008
By B. B. Bridenbaugh "KingNot" - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Days of Future Passed (Audio CD)

A musical album based around a day, and all its extrapolations. Youth to age, innocence to love, joy to sadness... In short, life expressed in a day. We've all heard parts of this played to excess, most notably Tuesday Afternoon and Knights in White Satin, but to truly be experienced this album should be played in its entirety.

Side one1.

The Day Begins: (5:50)

"The Day Begins" (Peter Knight & The Moody Blues) - (4:08)
"Morning Glory" (Graeme Edge) [unlisted track] - (1:42)

2. Dawn: (3:48)

(Intro) (Peter Knight) [unlisted track] - (0:38)
"Dawn is a Feeling" (Mike Pinder) - (3:10)

3. The Morning: (3:55)

(Intro) (Peter Knight) [unlisted track] - (0:21)
"Another Morning" (Ray Thomas) - (3:34)

4. Lunch Break: (5:33)

(Intro) (Peter Knight) - (1:53)
"Peak Hour" (John Lodge) - (3:40)

Side two

5. The Afternoon: (8:23)

"Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)" (Justin Hayward) - (5:06)
"(Evening) Time to Get Away" (Lodge) [unlisted track] - (3:17)

6. Evening: (6:40)

(Intro) (Peter Knight) [unlisted track] - (0:38)
"The Sunset" (Pinder) - (2:39)
"Twilight Time" (Thomas) - (3:23)

7. The Night: (7:24)

"Nights in White Satin" (Hayward) - (5:38)
"Late Lament" (Graeme Edge) [unlisted track] - (1:46)

61iQ3mHCggL.jpg

MTV Unplugged - NYC 1997 -- CD

Babyface

1997 Epic Records

As one of the hottest songwriter/producers of the nineties, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds has worked with such disparate artists as Whitney Houston, Boyz II Men and Eric Clapton, and is the owner of too many awards to count. He is also the co-founder of LaFace Records, home of Toni Braxton and TLC. But, fortunately for his fans, he can't be kept away from the stage, and the MTV Unplugged series provides the perfect venue for his work.In addition to his behind-the-scenes talents, Babyface has all the tools necessary to be a captivating stage performer. His voice is silky smooth and is capable of leaping from a low, sexy whisper to a supple falsetto in the space of two notes, and he's a gifted guitarist and pianist. Joining him on this occasion is a veritable who's-who of performers who have found success interpreting his songs. Eric Clapton joins him for an upbeat version of "Change The World" and the down home "Talk To Me." Shanice Wilson, K-Ci & JoJo also drop by to sing a tune or two.

Track Listing
1. Change the World
2. Talk to Me
3. Whip Appeal
4. Breathe Again
5. Exhale (Shoop Shoop)
6. I'll Make Love to You
7. End of the Road
8. I Care About You
9. The (That You Gave Me a Son) Day
10. Gone Too Soon
11. How Long How Come

Recorded live on September 25, 1997."How Come, How Long" was nominated for the 1999 Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals.

Personnel: Babyface, Beverly Crowder, Shanice Wilson, Stevie Wonder, Kevon Edmonds, Melvin Edmonds, Marc Nelson, Lynne Linsey, K-Ci, Jojo (vocals); Reggie Griffin (guitar, keyboards, saxophone); Eric Clapton, Michael Thompson (guitar); Wayne Linsey, Tim Carmon, Bo Watson (keyboards); Nathan East (bass); Ricky Lawson (drums); Sheila E. (percussion).

Babyface's "I'll make love to you" and "End of the road" is a medley (songs #6 & 7 above) and just sounds fantastic.

The MTV crowd and the wife and I were all "Shakin' IT"!!! :banana-dreads: :banana-blonde:

Sometimes, it seems I could go on forever. So much music, so little time.

I love it!! :music-listening:

Dennie :dance:

61PQiIlunxL.jpg

Give The People What They Want -- CD

Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings

2014 Daptone Records

Slowly rising to power over the course of sporadically released albums and years of touring, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings grew into one of the most rock-solid conglomerates of classic soul revivalism, making it look easy as they turned in increasingly exciting albums. With a fifth album of new studio material, Give the People What They Want, Jones and company are in top form, delivering a collection of classic Northern soul, deep funk groovers, and heartstring-tugging balladry. Tracks like "Now I See" and the burning album opener "Retreat!" slink along with a creeping shuffle reminiscent of the more cracked Supremes hits, while the greasy tremolo guitar and handclap-heavy beat of "Long Time, Wrong Time" call on a more swampy Southern soul influence. Jones' voice is the true star of the show, as usual, soaring and coasting with complete command and never sacrificing any character or nuance for the sake of sounding more like any of her '60s reference points. While Give the People What They Want is somewhat brief by 2014 standards, clocking in at just over half an hour, if it had been released in 1966, it would be regarded as a picture of soul perfection. Jones and her band manage to touch on everything from early-'60s horn-heavy dance-craze soul sounds to the slightly psychedelic flutter of the sublime lazy Sunday ballad "Making Up and Breaking Up (And Making Up and Breaking Up Over Again)." These ten songs sound almost designed to be played on repeat, and keep with the always colorful and ecstatically fun sound audiences have come to expect from one of the best acts going in retrofitted classic soul. ~ Fred Thomas

1. "Retreat!" Bosco Mann 3:31
2. "Stranger to My Happiness" Mann 3:31
3. "We Get Along" Joe Crispiano, Homer Steinweiss 3:03
4. "You'll Be Lonely" Cochemea Gastelum 3:45
5. "Now I See" Steinweiss 3:10
6. "Making Up and Breaking Up (And Making Up and Breaking Up Over Again)" Mann 2:33
7. "Get Up and Get Out" Steinweiss 3:27
8. "Long Time, Wrong Time" Gastelum 3:21
9. "People Don't Get What They Deserve" Mann 3:25
10. "Slow Down, Love" Mann 4:02

Total length:
33:38

The physical CD package includes a code for a free MP3 download of the album, which adds a bonus 58-minute Daptone Records sampler.

51-BgpnEr7L.jpg

The Spice of Life -- CD

Marlena Shaw

1969/2005 Cadet/Verve Records

Marlena Shaw's penchant for stylistic variety is certainly evident on this, her sophomore release. Cut for the Cadet label in 1969, Spice of Life ranges from soul and proto-funk to jazz and MOR-hued material. Shaw shines throughout, showing her power on politically charged, Aretha-styled cuts like "Woman of the Ghetto" and "Liberation Conversation," while also delivering supple interpretations of such traditional jazz fare as "Go Away Little Boy" (shades of Nancy Wilson). And with a gutsy take on "Stormy Monday," it's clear Shaw doesn't shrink from the blues either. Across this sound spectrum, arrangers Richard Evans and Charles Stepney envelope Shaw in unobtrusive yet exciting pop-soul environs, throwing kalimba runs (a few years before Earth, Wind & Fire picked up on the instrument), psych guitar accents, and bongo-fueled organ riffs into the mix. Their widescreen touch is particularly well essayed on strings-and-brass standouts like the Bacharach-inspired Barry Mann & Cynthia Weil composition "Looking Through the Eyes of Love" and Ashford & Simpson's "California Soul" (a classic reading heavily favored by the crate-digging set). A perfect way to get familiar with Shaw's impressive early work. ~ Stephen Cook

Track Listing
1. Woman of the Ghetto
2. Stormy Monday
3. Where Can I Go?
4. I'm Satisfied
5. I Wish I Knew (How It Would Feel to Be Free)
6. Liberation Conversation
7. California Soul
8. Little Boy Go Away
9. Looking Through the Eyes of Love
10. Anyone Can Move a Mountain

Personnel: Marlena Shaw (vocals). Liner Note Author: Loonis McGlohon.Recording information: Ter Mar Studio, Chicago, IL (09/15/1966-07/??/1969).All tracks have been digitally mastered using 24-bit technology.Arrangers: Richard Evans ; Charles Stephens; Charles Stepney.

Today's work truck music...

51jeBlPrliL._SS400_.jpg

By The Time I Get To Phoenix -- Remastered CD

Glen Campbell

1967/2001 Capitol Cornerstone Series

Forgotten Grammy Winner, July 1, 2001
By Dave Blank "parabolamcfeeney" (West Hollywood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: By the Time I Get to Phoenix (Audio CD)

Of the 43 collections that have won the Grammy for Album of the Year, this is probably the most underrated. While most people remember the phenomenally successful title cut (written by Jimmy Webb), the album itself seems to be all but forgotten. While other higher profile albums such as the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour and Simon & Garfunkel's Bookends were also nominated the same year (1968), it was this unpretentious catalogue of songs that won the coveted prize. It was certainly Glen Campbell's finest studio recording, and he sings each song with his unique brand of conviction and wistfulness. While the showpiece is the much-loved ballad "By the Time I Get to Phoenix", it is the lesser known songs such as "I'll Be Lucky Someday", "Tomorrow Never Comes" and "You're Young and You'll Forget" that give this album its resonance and poignancy. Most of the songs are laced with tinges of regret, but this album is anything but a downer, primarily because of the bittersweet yearning of Campbell's vocals and the spare but melodic arrangements (by, among others, Al de Lory and Jimmie Haskell). When talking about music in that turbulent year of 1968, one readily thinks of Hendrix, the Doors, the Stones, the Beatles (of course), Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, even music from The Graduate and Hair. Glen Campbell wouldn't be placed on most people's list of memorable music of that era. True, he wasn't a rock artist, but his contribution to music is just as important---providing a bridge (and, some might argue, a balm) between the easy listening (and more sentimental leanings) of contemporaries such as Bobby Goldsboro and O.C. Smith, and the rebellious, harder edges of the rock music so prevalent then. No question, Campbell was beloved by his music industry peers (or at least those who were Grammy voters) because of his soothing voice, his lack of cynicism and his cleancut image. Seen from that perspective and that he was a well-respected session player (playing with the Beach Boys and Sinatra, among his impressive credits) who also had the strong backing of the Nashville contingent of voters, it seems justifiable, in retrospect, that this collection won Album of the Year. That alone should be reason enough for Capitol to re-release this album on CD. It's also excellent on its own terms---even if it is not as well remembered as Carole King's Tapestry, Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water or Sgt. Pepper's--three other Grammy winners from that era that are undeniablly considered classics, and all easily found on CD even now.

Side 1:

"By the Time I Get to Phoenix" (Jimmy Webb) - 2:42
"Homeward Bound" (Paul Simon) - 2:37
"Tomorrow Never Comes" (Ernest Tubb, Johnny Bond) -2:27
"Cold December (In Your Heart" (Alex Hassilev) - 2:27
"My Baby's Gone" (Hazel Houser) - 2:50
"Back in the Race" (Glen Campbell, Vic Dana) - 1:56

Side 2:

"Hey Little One" (Dorsey Burnette, Barry De Vorzon) - 2:30
"Bad Seed" (Bill Anderson) - 2:18
"I'll Be Lucky Someday" (Lee Martin, Dick McBride, Bob Wills) - 2:24
"You're Young and You'll Forget" (Jerry Reed) - 2:15
"Love is a Lonesome River" (Glen Campbell, Kella Christian) - 2:05

R.I.P. Joe, your music touched my soul. :angelic-green:

51OHP2mjo5L.jpg

Hymn For My Soul -- CD

Joe Cocker

2008 Fantasy Records

Even in his sixties, Joe Cocker is fully capable of releasing a soulful roar as powerful as that of his glory days. HYMN FOR MY SOUL finds the British belter adding a hint of gospel and a decided spiritual feeling to his trick bag without actually covering any gospel material. Ever the gifted interpreter, Cocker takes on everything from Bob Dylan's "Ring Them Bells" to Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Long As I Can See the Light" and even the Beatles' "Come Together," his emotive rasp transforming them all into something uniquely his own. The title track, an Andy Fairweather-Low tune, combines greasy R&B with a gospel tint in a way that sums up the album's mixture of earthy emotion and upward aspirations.

Track Listing
1. You Haven't Done Nothin'
2. One Word (Peace)
3. Love Is for Me
4. Don't Give Up on Me
5. Long as I Can See the Light
6. Beware of Darkness
7. Just Pass It On
8. River's Invitation
9. Ring Them Bells
10. Hymn 4 My Soul

Bonus Track:
11. Come Together

I love folk music and tend to search for different types of unusual folk tunes on YouTube. A couple of days ago I stumbled upon this video of a young dulcimer player. Catchy melody.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zf-y1bUgLQ[/youtube]

album-one-night-of-sin.jpg

One Night Of Sin -- CD

Joe Cocker

1989 Capitol Records

Full of Cocker rockers and ballads., November 1, 2000
By Anthony Accordino (Massapequa Park, New York United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE) (REAL NAME)

This review is from: One Night of Sin (Audio CD)

Joe Cocker's "One Night Of Sin" was not only one of Joe's more popular modern day albums but showed the english soul shouter in fine vintage form with his voice as strong as ever. The top ten smash "When The Night Comes" is just the beginning of an album loaded with top notch songs. Producer Charlie Midnight really gets Joe rocking on tunes like"Just To Keep From Drowning" and "Bad Bad Sign"[not to many modern day singers can match this vocal performance]. Long time musical friend Chris Stainton is back on keyboards providing that hard driving piano sound that was so prominent during their Maddogs and Englishman heyday. Joe also belts out great covers of "Fever" and "Iv'e Got To Use My Imagination". The ballads on this cd are sung in typical gut wrenching Joe cocker style. A truly solid musical effort not to be missed.

"When the Night Comes" - 5:20 (Bryan Adams, Jim Vallance, Diane Warren)
"I Will Live for You" - 4:11 (Stephen Allen Davis)
"I've Got to Use My Imagination" - 4:24 (Gerry Goffin, Barry Goldberg)
"Letting Go" - 4:11 (Charlie Midnight, Jimmy Scott)
"Just to Keep from Drowning" - 4:39 (Marshall Chapman, Stephen Allen Davis)
"Unforgiven" - 3:28 (Tim Hardin, Ken Lauber)
"Another Mind Gone" - 4:44 (Cocker, Levine, Chris Stainton)
"Fever" - 3:37 (Eddie Cooley, Otis Blackwell, John Davenport)
"You Know We're Gonna Hurt" - 3:59 (Rick Boston, Nick Gilder)
"Bad Bad Sign" - 4:09 (Dan Hartman, Charlie Midnight)
"I'm Your Man" - 3:52 (Leonard Cohen)
"One Night of Sin" - 3:14 (Dave Bartholomew, Pearl King, Anita Steinman)

^ RIP Joe.......

One Night Of Sin...........WOW, We wore that one out back when it came out (1989)! Going to have to give it a listen again soon!

Cancer Totally Sucks!!!

Today's work truck music....

517hwNvUwOL_zps9288e76b.jpg

Cocker -- CD

Joe Cocker

1986 Capitol Records (Import UK)

For Blues Lovers, this CD is a too-well kept secret October 1, 1998
By A Customer
What's nice about this CD is that it lets you hear Cocker's style on songs besides the ones he is so well known for. You realize he has a lot more in him besides his top hits. You will love "Heart of the Matter" and "Inner City Blues", but you will go back and listen to "You Can Leave Your Hat On" over and over again. Many of my friends say that is his best work. I guess the producers of "The Full Monty" think so too! Thanks Joe!

"Shelter Me" (Nick DiStefano) – 5:36
"A to Z" (Tom Kimmel) – 4:21
"Don't You Love Me Anymore" (Albert Hammond, Diane Warren) – 5:25
"Living Without Your Love" (Michael Bolton, Doug James) – 4:09
"Don't Drink The Water" (Richard Feldman, Pat Robinson) – 3:25
"You Can Leave Your Hat On" (Randy Newman) – 4:14
"Heart of the Matter" (Ronald Miller, Billy Aerts) – 4:20
"Inner City Blues" (Marvin Gaye, James Jr. Nyx) – 5:51
"Love Is on a Fade" (Stephen Allen Davis, Dennis Morgan) – 4:04
"Heaven" (Terry Manning) – 4:32

Personnel: Joe Cocker (vocals); Neil Schon, Cliff Goodwin, Dann Huff, Eddie Martinez, Ritchie Zito (guitar); Mel Collins, Andrew Love (saxophone); Steve Madaio, Joel Peskin, Dick "Slide" Hyde (horns); Howie Hersh (piano, keyboards); Larry Marshall (organ, keyboards, synthesizer); Mike Moran (keyboards, bass); Jeff Lorber, Jeff Bova, Michael Boddicker (keyboards); Carl Marsh (Fairlight synthesizer); Arthur Barrow (synthesizer, bass); Bernard Edwards, Vito Sanfilippo, Randy Jackson (bass); Eric Parker, Michael Baird (drums); Curtis King, Maxine Green, Elisecia Wright, Julia Waters Tillman, Joe Turano, Leslie Smith, Albert Hammond, Diane Warren (background vocals).Producers include: Albert Hammond, Diane Warren, Ron Nevison, Bernard Edwards, Richie Zito.Engineers include: Terry Manning, Brian Reeves, Ron Nevison.

Back