• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Zing arrived in the theater about two songs into this, he stated that this what Christmas music should sound like. Too funny.

I give it a big thumbs up as well. :handgestures-thumbup: Luv Anthony's suit!

Anthony-Hamilton-Home-For-The-Holidays-Cover.jpg

81xtEFZ2BXqL_zps431f2189.jpg

The King James Version -- CD

Harry James & His Big Band

1976 Sheffield Labs

A Crowning Achievement, April 14, 2009
By Edward Abbott "American Audiophile"
This review is from: the king james version LP (Vinyl)

In late July 1976, trumpeter Harry James recorded enough music for two LPs. This particular set gives one a good sampling of his 1976 orchestra and finds James happy to emulate the swing sound of Count Basie. The arrangements, by Ernie Wilkins, Thad Jones, Ray Conniff, Dave Matthews, Rob Turk and Jimmy Haskell, are top drawer (other than the fact that James decided to record "Lara's Theme" from Dr. Zhivago), and the sidemen, are some of the best. James was playing well enough this late in his career, to once again reaffirm his legend in jazz and that says volumes about this LP. Very Highly recommeded.

Track Listing:

1 Corner Pocket
2 Lara's Theme (From Dr. Zhivago)
3 Cherokee
4 More Splutie, Please
5 Traces
6 Don't Be That Way
7 Sweet Georgia Brown
8 Shiny Stockings
9 Blues Stay Away from Me

Credits of The King James Version

Doug Sax Producer, Liner Notes, Remastering Norman Smith Saxophone
Tommy Todd Piano
Dave Stone Bass
Chuck Anderson Trombone
Chuck Peterson Trombone
Mel Kunkle Saxophone
Tom Padveen Trombone
William Hicks Trumpet
Fred Hall Liner Notes
Pat Longo Saxophone
Les DeMerle Drums
Houston Peterson Trombone (Bass)
Gino Bozzacco Trumpet
Nick Buono Trumpet
Quinn Davis Saxophone Ernie Wilkins
Bob Lawson Saxophone
Lincoln Mayorga Producer
Harry James Trumpet, Performer, Main Performer

JVCXR-0030-Large_zps3fd28781.jpg

Echoes of A Note -- Remastered 20-Bit K2 XRCD

Tiger Okoshi - A Tribute to Louis "Pops" Armstrong

1993 JVC Records

Spellbinding August 2, 2009
By Karl W. Nehring
Format:Audio CD

Some readers might be familiar with New Orleans trumpeter Leroy Jones, whose Props for Pops is a delightful tribute to legendary New Orleans trumpeter Louis Armstrong. You may have already guessed that Okoshi is not a Crescent City native, but Tiger considers himself one of "Pop's boys," and Echoes of a Note is a tribute to Satchmo, featuring many of the same Armstrong-related tunes featured on Jones's CD, but done in a much different style.
On this CD, Okoshi is supported by Stern on guitar, Goldstein on piano and accordion, plus Bela Fleck on banjo, Jay Anderson on bass, and Peter Erskine on drums. This all-star ensemble pays tribute to Armstrong by recasting his music in bop form. Satchmo's notes are there, but as echoes, not as re-creations.
The overall effect is spellbinding, and the music is aided by the sonic quality, which is again razor-sharp without ever sounding the least bit bright or hard. The net result is a CD that can be played over and over and over again, each time yielding new delights--just like Leroy Jones's CDs, but yet so different, too. What a wonderful world, indeed!

1. Hello, Dolly!
2. Basin Street Blues
3. (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas
4. St. James Infirmary
5. Rockin' Chair
6. St. Louis Blues
7. When It's Sleepy Time Down South
8. On the Sunny Side of the Street
9. When the Saints Go Marching In
10. What a Wonderful World

Personnel: Tiger Okoshi (trumpet); Gil Goldstein (piano, Fender Rhodes, accordion); Mike Stern (electric guitar); Bela Fleck (banjo); Jay Anderson (acoustic bass); Peter Erskine (drums, percussion).Recorded at The Power Station, New York on March 14-16, 1993.Digitally remastered by JVC using XRCD (extended resolution compact disc).

51eGmrbeoHL._SS500_.jpg

Mostly Blues -- CD

Lionel Hampton

1999 Jazz Heritage

Lionel and Bobby Define "Deep Groove", December 18, 2005
By Samuel Chell (Kenosha,, WI United States)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

No doubt this unnoticed, out-of-print session is languishing in scattered CD cut-out bins. But if you find a copy, grab it up--in fact, better make it several. Along with Hamp's fabled "Stardust" Concert (1947) this late Hampton entry deserves a place in anybody's record collection. "Mostly Blues" is a moody, mesmerizing session that hits an uncharacteristic groove for Lionel--more modern than swing era, more simmering than sizzling, more seductive than showy. Hampton goes for a Milt Jackson slow-vibrato sound and lets up on the technique and showmanship. Deserving an equal amount of credit is pianist Bobby Scott, heard here for one of the last times before cancer led to his premature death. He's an exceptional, hard-swinging, "blowing" piano player, and he makes the most of each of his turns, contributing solos that are gritty, incisive, always high-spirited--a perfect complement to the more deliberate and delayed attack of the vibes. And as for his comping, the man's a veritable funk machine, a combination of Horace Silver's chord voicings and Bernard Purdie's infectious beat.

Tracks 4 and 5 are pure "riffin' and groovin'" on E-flat blues. No solos to speak of--just Lionel and Bobby dancing around and with each other, steppin', struttin', and gliding on the smooth floor wax laid down by Bob Cranshaw and Grady Tate. As for the "real" tunes--"Someday My Prince Will Come," "A Train," "Honeysuckle Rose," "Bye Bye Blues," "Limehouse Blues" (neither of the latter technically a blues)--these guys are so steeped in the elemental 12-bar form that even the "standards" sound like basic blues.

Finally, reserve some praise for the recording engineer on this date. Maybe I've simply been listening to too many Rudy Van Gelder recordings lately, but "Mostly Blues" strikes me as exemplary for its acoustic depth and spaciousness. You are literally in the same room with the musicians, positioned close to the vibes and conscious of the location of each player. Even the sound of the bass (both acoustic and electric) is balanced and natural.

This may not be the kind of music that immediately arrests your attention (it's likely to get to your feet before your head), but after playing the CD many times, I can testify that it's simply incapable of wearing out its welcome.

Track listing

1. Bye Bye Blues
2. Someday My Prince Will Come
3. Take the 'A' Train
4. Blues for Jazz Beaux
5. Walkin' Uptown
6. Honeysuckle Rose
7. Mostly Blues
8. Limehouse Blues
9. Gone with the Wind

51qaWpiUfsL.jpg

Kaleidoscope -- CD

Benny Green

1997 Blue Note Records

Benny Green proves himself to be a seasoned composer on this collection of originals. "The Sexy Mexy" nods to Horace Silver with some crisp unison guitar from Russell Malone. The upbeat "Central Park South" features Stanley Turrentine, while the pianist's hypnotic "Thursday Lullaby" shows off his considerable chops. Ron Carter and Lewis Nash round out the capable rhythm section. ~ Ken Dryden

Track Listing
1. Kaleidoscope - (Take 1)
2. Thursday's Lullaby
3. The Sexy Mexy
4. Patience
5. Central Park South
6. My Girl Bill
7. Apricot
8. You're My Melody
9. Kaleidoscope - (Take 2)

Personnel: Benny Green (piano); Antonio Hart (alto saxophone); Stanley Turrentine (tenor saxophone); Russell Malone (guitar); Ron Carter (bass); Lewis Nash (drums).Recorded at Clinton Studios, New York, New York on June 5-6, 1996. Includes liner notes by Benny Green.

616ayRu1sqL.jpg

The More I See You -- 20 Bit CD

Oscar Peterson - Ray Brown - Benny Carter - Clark Terry

1995 Telarc Jazz

A Successful Return For Oscar Peterson.......... April 25, 2008
By Robert J. Ament
Format:Audio CD

after a devastating stroke suffered two years earlier. On the opening track "In A Mellow Tone" it becomes evident that the listener is in for a happy and joyous treat. I read somewhere that Oscar never recovered full strength in his left hand. I can state there's no hint of any impairment here....and that can be said for his virtuosity and imagination as well. The musicians perform with the apparent ease of a hand crafted close tolerance piece of high performance machinery.

By the time you listen to "On The Trail", you can really appreciate the experience of these gentlemen, Clark Terry (age 74) playing a duet with muted trumpet in one hand and open fluglehorn in the other......Benny Carter (87) blowing some magnificent changes.....Ray Brown's (68) always excellent bass work....and of course Oscar (69). I also read that Oscar was criticized at one time for playing too many notes. To me they always seem to fit! The younger players, Lorne Lofsky on guitar and drummer Lewis Nash round out a superb rhythm section.

This set is composed of 7 standards and 2 blues and should appeal to anyone who enjoys great straight ahead jazz, a small group including two great horn men, or any of these musicians individually or collectively.

Track Listing
1. In a Mellow Tone
2. Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You
3. On the Trail
4. When My Dream Boat Comes Home
5. Ron's Blues
6. For All We Know
7. Blues For Lisa
8. Squatty Roo
9. More I See You, The

_57_zpsdc308b5e.jpg

The Complete "Jazz Guitar" -- CD

Jim Hall Trio

1957/2011 Pacific/EJC (EU Import)

The Jim Hall Trio’s LP “Jazz Guitar” recorded in 1957 with pianist Carl Perkins and bassist Red Mitchell has appeared in various forms (including a re-issue with drums dubbed on) but this is the first time that all the tracks cut at the session have been put together unabridged on one CD.

This outstanding early album was made when Hall was attracting attention on the West Coast scene playing with Jimmy Guiffre.The disc also contains five bonus tracks made at various times with pianist John Lewis.

Includes 12-page booklet with photos by William Claxton.

Tracklisting:

01. Stompin' At The Savoy
02. Things Ain't What They Used To Be
03. This Is Always
04. Thanks For The Memory
05. Tangerine
06. Stella By Starlight
07. 9:20 Special
08. Deep In A Dream
09. Look For The Silver Lining
10. Seven Come Eleven
11. Too Close For Comfort.
12. Two Lyric Pieces: Pierrot/Colombine
13. I Remember Clifford
14. Two Degrees East, Two Degrees West
15. I Should Care
16. Skylark

Jim Hall [Guitar], Carl Perkins [Piano]. Red Mitchell [Bass]

818Pk2Vv-kL_zps36655804.jpg

Live At The Lighthouse -- OMR CD

The Modern Jazz Quartet

1967/???? MFSL

This fairly obscure LP by the Modern Jazz Quartet features fresh material and improvisations that are both swinging and creative. Pianist John Lewis' "The Spiritual" and "Baseball," along with vibraphonist Milt Jackson's "Novamo" and "For Someone I Love," comprise half the program, and it is Jackson's influence that seems to be the weightier one here. Jackson and the MJQ always rose to the challenge of a crowd. There are also excellent ballad renditions of "The Shadow of Your Smile" and "What's New." The bluesier side of the band is what's mostly on display here, and the MJQ plays up to its usual level. This set remained unreleased on CD domestically until 2004 when Wounded Bird -- which in 2002 also reissued the brilliant Modern Jazz Quartet disc originally released in 1957 -- put it on the street. Really, none of the classic group's recordings should be passed by. ~ Scott Yanow & Thom Jurek

"The Spiritual" (John Lewis) - 6:00
"Baseball" (Lewis) - 4:03
"The Shadow of Your Smile" (Johnny Mandel, Paul Francis Webster) - 5:32
"Intima" (Miljenko Prohaska) - 4:12
"Novamo" (Milt Jackson) - 5:58
"For Someone I Love" (Jackson) - 5:02
"What's New?" (Bob Haggart) - 6:14

Milt Jackson - vibraphone
John Lewis - piano
Percy Heath - bass
Connie Kay - drums

Today's work truck music...

61O-Ep4pFgL._SS500_.jpg

Abandoned Luncheonette -- CD

Daryl Hall & John Oates

1973 Atlantic Records

Best early Hall & Oates, September 11, 2000
By David Hugaert (Honolulu, HI United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Abandoned Luncheonette (Audio CD)

"Abandoned Luncheonette" features the kind of music at which Daryl & John are most adept-Philly Soul. All the songs here are excellent, with the cream of the crop being "When The Morning Comes", "Las Vegas Turnaround", "I'm Just A Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like A Man)", the title track, "Lady Rain" and "Laughing Boy". "Everytime I Look At You" is the most soulful track on this CD, which has a "hillbilly" banjo and violin-laden instrumental at the end. This is probably as close to country that H & O ever got! This has to be the best CD in their entire catalog. Oh, and "Abandoned Luncheonette" also contains their first hit single, "She's Gone", which appeared on the Billboard charts on two separate occasions. If you are a fan of soul and/or pop music, you can't go wrong here. Please buy this CD!

"When The Morning Comes" (Daryl Hall) – 3:12
"Had I Known You Better Then" (John Oates) – 3:22
"Las Vegas Turnaround (The Stewardess Song)" (Oates) – 2:57
"She's Gone" (Hall, Oates) – 5:15
"I'm Just A Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like A Man)" (Oates) – 3:20
"Abandoned Luncheonette" (Hall) – 3:55
"Lady Rain" (Hall, Oates) – 4:26
"Laughing Boy" (Hall) – 3:20
"Everytime I Look At You" (Hall) – 7:04

51TSHOxEF5L.jpg

Willow Creek & Other Ballads -- CD

Marian McPartland

1985 Concord Jazz

Marian McPartland is so well-known as a jazz educator and host of the long-running NPR series, Piano Jazz, that it is sometimes easy to overlook her own fine piano artistry, which is very much in evidence on the 1985 solo recital WILLOW CREEK AND OTHER BALLADS. Never a sentimentalist, McPartland is always at her best on the slow ones, some of which, like Ahmad Jamal's "Without You" and Billy Strayhorn's "Blood Count," are too seldom heard. But perhaps her finest performance is on Stevie Wonder's "All In Love Is Fair," which is given an unexpectedly rich and meditative reading. Perfect for an afternoon's reading or coffee interlude, this is easy listening of the highest order.

Track Listing
1. Without You
2. The Things We Did Last Summer
3. All in Love Is Fair
4. Willow Creek
5. Long Ago (And Far Away)
6. Someday I'll Find You
7. I Saw Stars
8. Blood Count
9. I've Got a Crush on You
10. Summer Song

Personnel includes: Marian McPartland (piano).Recorded at Classic Sound Studios, New York in January, 1985.

51UCacaT37L.jpg

Alone Together (Live) -- Remastered CD

Jim Hall - Ron Carter Duo

1972/1990 Milestone/OJC Records

ALONE TOGETHER is one of the great duet albums in instrumental jazz. Guitarist Jim Hall and bassist Ron Carter are renowned as both studio musicians and members of stellar outfits (Hall played with Jimmy Giuffre and Art Farmer; Carter with Miles Davis's second great quintet). In the intimate, chamber-jazz atmosphere of these live dates, however, the true sensitivity and flexibility of both artists can be heard. Carter and Hall are sophisticated, harmonically advanced players. They value balance and space as much as technical showmanship, and both play with a cool tone and rhythmically intricate flair that scintillates as it soothes and seduces.The majority of the program consists of standards ("Autumn Leaves" and "Prelude to a Kiss)," along with other covers (Sonny Rollins's "St. Thomas"). Hall contributes an original, the smoky "Whose Blues," as does Carter, with the sly bop flourishes on "Receipt, Please." Throughout, the music is playful, highly lyrical, energetic, and beautiful, while representing an almost uncanny telepathy between the two performers. Aside from faint crowd noise from the club audience, this album is perfection.

Track Listing
1. St. Thomas
2. Alone Together
3. Please Receipt
4. I'll Remember April
5. As in a Morning Sunrise Softly
6. Whose Blues?
7. Prelude to a Kiss
8. Autumn Leaves

Personnel: Jim Hall (guitar); Ron Carter (bass).Recorded live at the Playboy Club, New York, New York on August 4, 1972. Originally released on Milestone (9045).Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1990, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California)

51Ih4f1sBJL.jpg

Quartet -- Remastered CD

Gerry Mulligan - Paul Desmond

1957/1993 Verve Records

This is the first recorded collaboration of baritone saxophone great Gerry Mulligan and the witty alto saxophonist Paul Desmond. Despite hardly any preparation for these recording sessions, the two men complement one another's playing beautifully, as both of them were highly melodic improvisers. Desmond brought three originals to the sessions: the driving "Blues in Time," the soft ballad "Wintersong" (which is based on the chord changes to "These Foolish Things"), and "Battle Hymn of the Republican" (which is actually a complex reworking of "Tea for Two"). Mulligan's contributions include his earlier hit "Line for Lyons," "Stand Still" (based on "My Heart Stood Still"), and the Latin-tinged "Fall Out" (taken from "Let's Fall in Love"). Mulligan was clearly annoyed when told that three unissued tracks ("Tea for Two," "Lover," and an alternate take of "Wintersong") had been added to the CD reissue, but was clearly amused at the accidental and unlisted first take of "Lover," which falls apart after a minute-and-a-half and is followed by some discussion. Bassist Joe Benjamin and drummer Dave Bailey provide excellent rhythmic support throughout this highly recommended CD. ~ Ken Dryden

Track Listing
1. Blues in Time
2. Body and Soul
3. Stand Still
4. Line for Lyons
5. Wintersong-Take 1 - (take 1)
6. Battle Hymn of the Republican
7. Fall Out
8. Tea for Two - (previously unreleased)
9. take 2) Wintersong-Take 2 - (previously unreleased
10. Lover - (previously unreleased)
11. [Untitled Track] - (hidden track)

Quartet.Personnel: Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Joe Benjamin (acoustic bass); Dave Bailey (drums).Recorded at Capitol Records Studio, Los Angeles, California, on August 2, 1957 and Fine Sound Studio, New York, on August 27, 1957. Originally released on Verve MGV (8246). Includes liner notes by Harvey Pekar and Nat Hentoff

510a9tDXOVL._SS500_.jpg

It Looks Like Snow -- CD

Phoebe Snow

1976/1989 Columbia Records

David Rubinson's production of Phoebe Snow on the 1976 release It Looks Like Snow is an overpowering collection of pop-jazz-funk-folk that puts this amazing vocalist's talents in a beautiful light. Whether it's the Bowen/Bond/Hazel blues classic &"Shakey Ground," which Elton John, Etta James, and so many others have explored, or her exquisite interpretation of the Beatles' &"Don't Let Me Down," there is no doubt the material here should have ruled on the airwaves the year after her Top Five smash, &"Poetry Man." How could Columbia Records not have this material saturating radio across America is the question. There are string arrangements by Sonny Burke and horn arrangements by Kurt McGettrick; the guests galore -- from David Bromberg and Ray Parker, Jr. on guitars (along with Snow, Greg Poree, and Steve Burgh) to David Pomeranz on keys -- make the Snow/Pomeranz co-write &"Mercy on Those" into a majestic and extra-special showstopper. The singer's solo composition &"Drink Up the Melody (Bite the Dust, Blues)" has her dipping into Maria Muldaur territory, and a duet between the two divas here would've been sensational. &"My Faith Is Blind," soaked in gospel introspection, takes the album to another level with its soul searching and sense of spiritual discovery. It Looks Like Snow is a major work from a fabulous performer traversing styles and genres with ease and elegance. The loving mom appears with her daughter on the back cover in a photo by collaborator Phil Kearns Joe Viglione, Rovi

1 Autobiography (Shine, Shine, Shine) Snow 5:15
2 Teach Me Tonight Cahn, DePaul 4:30
3 Stand Up on the Rock Snow, Kearns 3:58
4 In My Girlish Days Lawlars 4:48
5 Mercy on Those Snow, Pomeranz 6:06
6 Don't Let Me Down Lennon, McCartney 5:51
7 Drink Up the Melody (Bite the Dust, Blues) Snow 5:51
8 Fat Chance Snow, Kearns 2:56
9 My Faith Is Blind Snow 5:54
10 Shakey Ground Hazel, Bond, Bowen, Boyd, Boyd 4:18

1273167834_benny-goodman-the-comple_zpsbec98fe1.jpg

The Complete Trios -- Remastered 24-Bit CD

Benny Goodman

1999 Capitol Records

The Complete Captiol Trios is a long-overdue reissue of the five trio sessions Benny Goodman led for Capitol Records. The five sessions are easily broken down into two categories -- recordings from 1947 and recordings from 1954. The highlights of the 1947 recordings are sessions with pianist Teddy Wilson and drummer Jimmy Crawford. This provided Goodman an opportunity to reunite with Wilson who he had toured with in the late '30s in a trio with drummer Gene Krupa. Goodman and Wilson have a real ease to their interaction and the results are positively joyful. There are three other recordings from 1947, featuring pianist Jimmy Rowles and drummer Tom Romersa; these are good, but not quite as delightful as their 1947 companions. However, the 1954 recordings -- all featuring pianist Mel Powell, four featuring drummer Eddie Grady, and two featuring drummer Bobby Donaldson -- are equally wonderful, filled with good humor, elegant flair, and magical interludes. These sessions have been out of circulation for too long, but The Complete Capitol Trios is so well-done -- and its fidelity is so good -- that the wait was certainly worthwhile. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Track Listing
1. Blue (And Broken Hearted)
2. After Hours
3. All I Do Is Dream of You - (1st version)
4. I'll Never Be the Same
5. Bye Bye Pretty Baby
6. Shoe Shine Boy
7. At Sundown
8. When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)
9. All I Do Is Dream of You - (2nd version)
10. Stompin' at the Savoy
11. Mean to Me
12. Puttin' on the Ritz
13. I Never Knew I Could Love Anybody (Like I'm Loving You)
14. Lazy River
15. There'll Be Some Changes Made
16. Ev'rything I've Got (Belongs to You)
17. But Not For Me
18. Margie
19. Rose Room
20. (What Can I Say) After I Say I'm Sorry?

Personnel: Benny Goodman (clarinet); Teddy Wilson, Jimmy Rowles, Mel Powell (piano); Jimmy Crawford, Tom Romersa, Eddie Grady, Bobby Donaldson (drums).Recorded between 1947 and 1954. Includes liner notes by Richard M. Sudhalter.Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Ron McMaster.

f93d9833e7a04c448f9d2110.L.jpg

The King of Swing -- HDCD

Benny Goodman

1998 Sugo Music

The King of Swing by Benny Goodman is a one-of-a-kind collection of unforgettable classics made popular by this legendary giant of the big band era. These memorable studio and concert performances were recorded during his peak years of 1939 through 1951 and include his renowned quartets and sextets featuring guitarist Charlie Christian, vibraphonist Lionel Hampton and pianist Mel Powell and Teddy Wilson, to name a few.

1. If I Had You
2. Between The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
3. I've got a Feeling I'm Falling
4. These Foolish Things
5. Poor Butterfly
6. The Wang Wang Blues
7. After You've Gone
8. Memories of You
9. Body and Soul
10. St. Louis Blues
11. I can't Give You Anything But Love Baby
12. East of the Sun (And West of the Moon)
13. Limehouse Blues
14. Bye Bye Blues

430c228348a0db5d905dd010.L.jpg

Blues On The Bayou -- CD

B.B. King

1998 MCA Records

Blues on the Bayou is a 1998 studio recording by B. B. King.

In the CD liner notes, B.B. King writes: "Of the many records Lucille and I have had the pleasure of recording over the years, this one is especially close to my heart. It's also one of the most relaxed and, for me, satisfying [...] No one was telling us what to do. No one needed to tell us what to do." He adds that he considers the band playing on this album as his best ever and that he got to the studio with the idea of keeping the music simple ("I've felt the urge to go back to basics."). With this state of mind, the record was cut in four days: "Found some old B. B. King songs. Wrote some new ones. [...] All live, all real. No overdubs, no high-tech tricks. Just basic blues."

The album won the 2000 Grammy Award for Best Traditional Blues Album.

"Blues Boys Tune" - 3:25 (B.B. King)
"Bad Case of Love" - 5:28 (B.B. King)
"I'll Survive" - 4:53 (B.B. King and Sam Ling)
"Mean Ole' World" - 4:29 (B.B. King)
"Blues Man" - 5:20 (B.B. King)
"Broken Promise" - 3:34 (B.B. King and Sam Ling)
"Darlin' What Happened" - 5:26 (B.B. King and Sam Ling)
"Shake It Up and Go" - 3:10 (B.B. King and J. Taub)
"Blues We Like" - 5:08 (B.B. King ?)
"Good Man Gone Bad" - 3:20 (B.B. King, J. Taub, and F. Walsh)
"If I Lost You" - 4:57 (B.B. KIng and J. Taub)
"Tell Me Baby" - 3:26 (B.B. King and Sam Ling)
"I Got Some Outside Help I Don't Need" - 4:37 (B.B. KIng and D. Clark)
"Blues in G" - 3:28 (B.B. King)
"If That Ain't It I Quit" - 3:20 (B.B. King)

^ Also, this is Zing approved Christmas music! :happy-smileygiantred:

I save the unapproved for when he isn't home. Sometimes, I work my magic to listen to unapproved when he is home. :romance-inlove:

Back