• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Rocking my colloege days!!

Godley & Creme on LP

View attachment 9007
Sometimes an album cover is so awesome that I want to check out the music. However, I’ve not yet searched this one out for a listen simply due to the fact that Wikipedia says this band may have had something to do with Wang Chung gracing the screen of my MTV. Dear God I never wanted to Wang Chung. Not tonight. Not tomorrow night. Not at 3:55 in the afternoon. Please have mercy on our souls.

Indeed... it’s been a while. I was just browsing and figured I’d stop on by. It’s funny. I couldn’t hardly remember my password, but the memory muscle in my fingers knows the way!

Mettavolution_72pi-768x768.jpg

Rodrigo y Gabriela's latest, first studio album from them in 5 years. Just finished my first listen-through of the whole album, and I am VERY impressed. I felt with their previous album (9 Dead Alive) that they were exploring a more mature musical territory as writers (sorry that sounds pretentious but... well tough), and they're continuing that with this album to an even greater extent. The centerpiece of Mettavolution is their 19 minute rendition of Pink Floyd's Echoes (from Meddle), both an homage to, and a development of, the original. Yes this album has RyG's signature fast and percussive sound at times, but also a much mellower, introspective feel that really resonates with me. (This is the first time in a while I've sat and listened to a whole album through, on my main speakers, without working or doing anything else at the same time. I even took my glasses off :laughing: ) I felt a sense of peace after listening to this (I took the day off), that's been hard for me to find lately.

Highly, highly recommended. Great SQ too. Introducing me to RyG way back when is one of the best things @Towen7 has done for me! :D

Rodrigo y Gabriela's latest, first studio album from them in 5 years. Just finished my first listen-through of the whole album, and I am VERY impressed. I felt with their previous album (9 Dead Alive) that they were exploring a more mature musical territory as writers (sorry that sounds pretentious but... well tough), and they're continuing that with this album to an even greater extent. The centerpiece of Mettavolution is their 19 minute rendition of Pink Floyd's Echoes (from Meddle), both an homage to, and a development of, the original. Yes this album has RyG's signature fast and percussive sound at times, but also a much mellower, introspective feel that really resonates with me. (This is the first time in a while I've sat and listened to a whole album through, on my main speakers, without working or doing anything else at the same time. I even took my glasses off :laughing: ) I felt a sense of peace after listening to this (I took the day off), that's been hard for me to find lately.

Highly, highly recommended. Great SQ too. Introducing me to RyG way back when is one of the best things @Towen7 has done for me! :D

Cool, I'm going to check it out. It was mentioned earlier today on an AVS thread I follow as well.

Ordered!!

I didn't get a chance to make a comment on your facebook post, but this is a good thing, right? Maybe do more of this to get you out of your funk.

I wasn't as blown away as you were.................. Nice mix though!!

I've been listening a lot to St Paul & the Broken Bones. Picked up their second and third albums this week. @Zing brought their first to my attention with a post here somewhere. They're really a talented bunch, but hard to classify. Part pop, part soul / gospel, part jazz, part southern rock... Dunno. Large band, 8 people, great instrumental mix.

Sorry I'm on my tablet, can't post pics easily...

http://stpaulandthebrokenbones.com

Back