• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

watching altered carbon,

i really hope i dont get disappointed by it. im on episode 1. so far, kinda meh.

i cant get into anthony mackie's portrayal. thank god for poe.

Still cranking my way through Bosch. On Season 5. The picture is gorgeous on the SONY A8G. Every time my son comes down from his room to resupply(food and drink) he says,"that's a sweet picture". I concur.
Anywho, I am a linear (not sure that at is the term?)type viewer/binger. I will crank through all of Bosch before I move on to something else.

Just finished Bosch s5 a bit ago... great series. I wasn't quite as thrilled with s3-4 as the earlier ones, but s5 I thought brought it back up again.

Not on amazon yet... ?

Edit: oh wait maybe it is now, that's (relatively) recent. Thanks!

I binged rewatched all 8 episodes of The Mandalorion yestereday. I liked it alot more than when I first watched it one episode a week.

About half way through second viewing of Giri/Haji with my son. Second viewing is great there are so many Easter egg bits and pieces that I picked up on knowing the end story. Very well done series.

I have railed to friends and family for years about the preponderance of " non-reality" programming but now have to admit I have started watching a show called Celebrity Watch Party ( Huku).

a bunch of B-list celebrities watch and comment on TV programs from the last week. Inane and silly I find it very humorous

About half way through second viewing of Giri/Haji with my son. Second viewing is great there are so many Easter egg bits and pieces that I picked up on knowing the end story. Very well done series.
I started watching this and like it but I have one problem.

due to the macular degeneration in my right eye it takes me a bit more time to read the subtitles when the dialog is in Japanese, they don't leave it on the screen long enough for me to read at times causing me to miss some parts of the story. I will continue to watch though.

JUST started The Capture after finishing Bosch. I swear even though they speak English, some of these Brits are hard to understand. I MAY need subtitles!! D'Oh!!

JUST started The Capture after finishing Bosch. I swear even though they speak English, some of these Brits are hard to understand. I MAY need subtitles!! D'Oh!!
I love British shows but often need subtitles when doing so

Yeah me too - like Broadchurch, loved the show and love Tennant, but his thick Scot accent can be hard to grasp at times.

I started watching this and like it but I have one problem.

due to the macular degeneration in my right eye it takes me a bit more time to read the subtitles when the dialog is in Japanese, they don't leave it on the screen long enough for me to read at times causing me to miss some parts of the story. I will continue to watch though.

That is annoying I hear you. I don't have macular degeneration but often have the same issue with fast moving subtitles. There is definitely an under appreciated art form to producing good quality legible subtitles. If I really like a subtitled movie (or series) I will often watch it twice. First time to focus on the subtitles and absorb the dialog and story. Second time to focus on the overall presentation, cinematography, visual details, acting, etc. I have done this many times for better foreign films. Seems like a lot of work but since Hollywood's quality film output is like one in a thousand I am fine with it. There is a whole world of great cinema out there. And dubbing is just not an option for me. Need to hear the original actors inflection and talents. And dubbing also usually squashes and ruins all the soundtrack dynamics.

The last couple years I've found some cooking channels that I find worthwhile. My favorite is probably www.foodwishes.com . Each video is short, entertaining, the printed recipe is (usually) provided, and every dish I've tried (save one) have been incredible.

^^^ his latest

Started watching Chernobyl HBO series last night. Pretty good after a couple of episodes I thought. Like science fiction but it actually happened which makes it pretty terrifying.

Finished Chernobyl I thought it was really good. Read some reviews I guess they didn't get everything exactly right but considering how shrouded in secrecy the event was I think they did a pretty good job. The wife of a good friend is from that area and had family there when it happened. She won't even watch the series it's too disturbing for her hits way too close to home.

Watched this last night on Netflix after enjoying Giri/Haji so I might officially be on a Yakusa binge. Had all the prerequisite genre elements just maybe not as well constructed or compelling of a story line. But I still enjoyed it. Jared Leto does a good job. And Tadanobu "Ichi" Asano is probably one of my all time favorite under appreciated actors and so I'll watch anything he is in.

Last edited:
finished this one, its not directly viewable via US but if you have a VPN its worth your while.

great job, but i dont see a continuation for a season 2. i dont WANT to because its such a hassle to watch.

anyways its out on blu-ray in mid july here.

Just ahead up, gangs of London heading to AMC instead of cinemax, and is approved for season 2.

Back