• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Yeah those are a little hard to watch. I'm glad she's still going, but ... yeah.

CBS this morning did an interview with her, after the show, and she was incredibly upbeat and happy, made me feel a lot better. After her aneurism, she had to totally learn how to get out of bed, sit in a chair, etc; she also explained she had been watching EweTube videos to re-learn her own songs! She did play some guitar at the festival, and she wasn't 100% but did quite well.
Also learned she contracted polio at 11, and the doctors told her she'd never walk again; she proved them wrong, too. Incredibly strong spirit.

Hard to watch Joni. Father time, a brain aneurysm, and a gazillion cigarettes have caught up with her.
I was going to ask , What was up with Wynona in the backround, on Both Sides Now? Thoughts of her mother perhaps? It almost looks at one point you can read here lips and she says "I'm not going to make it, man"

I HIGHLY recommend this. Yes it's produced by Joe B. (my hero) and he appears in this, but regardless this is an awesome video and SQ is outstanding (mixed by JB's producer Kevin Shirley). There's been a dearth of concert videos since the covid pandemic, and this is one of the latest and best installments afterwards, IMHO. But, you all know I have biases here... Joanne is a great guitarist, but an especially great vocalist.

dvd_8e1fd464-1521-4ca0-a629-ad4ea1b0b058_360x.jpg

https://shop.ktbarecords.com/collections/joanne-shaw-taylor

I HIGHLY recommend this. Yes it's produced by Joe B. (my hero) and he appears in this, but regardless this is an awesome video and SQ is outstanding (mixed by JB's producer Kevin Shirley). There's been a dearth of concert videos since the covid pandemic, and this is one of the latest and best installments afterwards, IMHO. But, you all know I have biases here... Joanne is a great guitarist, but an especially great vocalist.

dvd_8e1fd464-1521-4ca0-a629-ad4ea1b0b058_360x.jpg

https://shop.ktbarecords.com/collections/joanne-shaw-taylor
BluRay???

I LOVE this... Joe kinda steals the show a little around 3:15 but only for a bit; he's just a guest here and he respects that (IMHO). This is a great rendition of a classic song, all around. I love Joanne's vocals in this one, in particular.

Dayam.
This just popped up on my feed, an early concert by The Police at some engineering college in Scotland; very early, their first album had just come out. Video is poor, sound is poor, mix is pretty good, and the performance is FEROCIOUS!! Enjoy!
Rock Goes To College - The Police live at Hatfield Polytechnic 21.02.1979

Well it's been quite a while since I've watched a concert video... so tonight:

71IsgL15iWL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

How good is it?
I would give it an A-. Not my favorite of his live concerts ever, but it was very good. Recorded at Red Rocks last summer. Mostly songs from his latest album (Time Clocks), and with only one exception (Midnight Blues), all Joe's own songs.

SQ/PQ are outstanding, as always (IMHO) with his productions. Band personnel have shifted a lot since pre-covid, with drummer, bassist, and rhythm guitarist that I haven't seen before. But they were solid; the drummer, more than solid. This is also the first time I've seen Joe use a video screen backdrop, it was cool but a little distracting sometimes. Joe himself was playing well (especially in Mountain Time, IMHO), but ... honestly I've seen better from him.

I think this is my favorite song from this concert, this is the only one where the bassist really caught my attention. Great drums, everything is really tight here.

Back