• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Looks like someone's having a nice day off!

Looks like someone's having a nice day off!

Nah............actually it is our first week back to 40 hours (working Fridays). I am watching these on YOUTU&E while working. These JBL's that I bought for the office are freakin' fantastic!! You should check this Trower concert, you will appreciate his playing and his band. His singer is great!!!

81a-KFugzzL._AC_UY218_.jpg

"Delicate Sound of Thunder" has been remixed to 5.1 and released on Bluray a few months ago, finally watched it last night. Sound is great; I can't report on visuals as my eyes were shot. If you only own one Pink Floyd concert I'd still recommend Pulse, even though its on DVD.

"Delicate Sound of Thunder" has been remixed to 5.1 and released on Bluray a few months ago, finally watched it last night. Sound is great; I can't report on visuals as my eyes were shot. If you only own one Pink Floyd concert I'd still recommend Pulse, even though its on DVD.
I have been waiting for that to be released on DVD/ Blu Ray forever. That and Pulse have a lot in common, but The Delicate Sound of Thunder is absolutely my all time favorite concert video.

I am going to go buy this right now.

I have been waiting for that to be released on DVD/ Blu Ray forever. That and Pulse have a lot in common, but The Delicate Sound of Thunder is absolutely my all time favorite concert video.

I am going to go buy this right now.
And done!!!

Ok, so it has been forever since I pulled out the old VHS copy and I cant remember the last time I even had a VHS hooked up in the system.

From the first note of Gilmour's Strat on Shine On You Crazy Diamond the audio is pretty damn good. The DTS 5.1 mix is good, everything balanced with surround effects place where they should be. It is not a real hot mix but seems appropriate at 0 (calibrated reference level) I have decent volume, but with me and Pink Floyd it could always be louder. I wish my Marantz went to 11.

The video transfer which was originally shot in 35mm looks pretty damn good on my 60" Panny Plasma. Definitely better than I have ever seen the VHS version look. Transfer is in 16:9 as opposed to Pulse's 4:3 which always puzzled me. I will pull out Pulse in the next day or so and try to do a direct comparison. The canoe scene opening Signs Of Life looks DAMN good and way better than I have ever seen it. Lots of dark scenes and shadow detail that look more than passible, The backup singers (God I have the biggest crush on Rachel Fury) stand to the side be bopping along and look great, they are mostly covered in the darker scenes thus far, but again way better than I had seen it before.

Pretty pleased so far. Time, The Great Gig In The Sky, and Money will get the wide open throttle test and I will report back tomorrow.

^--- Watching this now. (Yeah yeah, blowing off this afternoon a bit...)

LOVE IT.

On the Turning Away hit me really hard today.

Ok, so it has been forever since I pulled out the old VHS copy and I cant remember the last time I even had a VHS hooked up in the system.

From the first note of Gilmour's Strat on Shine On You Crazy Diamond the audio is pretty damn good. The DTS 5.1 mix is good, everything balanced with surround effects place where they should be. It is not a real hot mix but seems appropriate at 0 (calibrated reference level) I have decent volume, but with me and Pink Floyd it could always be louder. I wish my Marantz went to 11.

The video transfer which was originally shot in 35mm looks pretty damn good on my 60" Panny Plasma. Definitely better than I have ever seen the VHS version look. Transfer is in 16:9 as opposed to Pulse's 4:3 which always puzzled me. I will pull out Pulse in the next day or so and try to do a direct comparison. The canoe scene opening Signs Of Life looks DAMN good and way better than I have ever seen it. Lots of dark scenes and shadow detail that look more than passible, The backup singers (God I have the biggest crush on Rachel Fury) stand to the side be bopping along and look great, they are mostly covered in the darker scenes thus far, but again way better than I had seen it before.

Pretty pleased so far. Time, The Great Gig In The Sky, and Money will get the wide open throttle test and I will report back tomorrow.
So far I am really impressed. I really enjoyed watching it again last night and not 100% sure if that was me waxing nostalgic or it was that good but my review above stands.

Very pleased and highly recommended. I still wanna do a comparo with Pulse later this week.

And, Time, The Great Gig In the Sky, Money, and Run Like Hell, which are all towards the end of the show, made my cooling fan work a little as it hit 90 degrees. Its the hottest it has been but I played those songs all back to back with the volume at +7 db. And it sounded pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Lovin' this... music by the "three Kings" - Albert King, Freddie King, BB King. Terrific band. Top-notch SQ/PQ (IMHO).

blu-ray-front_grande.jpg

Here's a preview, one of my faves from this set:

Edit: no this is not a new video, it's ~5 years old. I'm just re-watching it now; I'm much more into it at the moment than I was when I first got it, not sure why.

Last edited:
^--- And one of the sax players is named Paulie, which makes it all that much more awesome. In my very humble and completely unbiased opinion. :rofl:

Back