• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Do I Need?

Currently ripping my VHS collection onto disk, it has to be done "real time" so it's only one or two a night; if its something that looks like fun to watch I do, otherwise I hit the kitchen and make a pizza. Over halfway done!

mzpro5 said:
1TB will accommodate alot of tunes.
No truer words ever written. I seriously underestimated the power of WMA-L compression.

I'm all but done, having only a few miscellaneous discs left to rip, and I've only managed to come up with 295 GB. That's 15,465 songs from 451 artists on 891 CDs.

I forgot how you are going to play those files. What's your plan?

How's that working for you?

I thought about that but decided ultimately that I wanted to control the playback from the listening position and opted to use an Xbox as a WMC extender. The downside is that I have to PC upstairs on all the time, but I do that anyway since I use it to stream recorded TV and ripped copies of DVDs.

It's working out great so far. I set my laptop on a stool, slide it next to my listening position (sometimes use a lapdesk on my - wait for it - lap) and I'm golden.

Currently, I'm using a surplus BJC HDMI cable which is about 3/4" thick, not very flexible and kind of a pain in the ass (not to mention unsightly). Once I get things situated, I'll come up with a better solution.

DONE! :happy-smileygiantred: That is until the next shipment from Amazon arrives.

464 artists / 925 CDs / 306 GB.

The next time one of you guys complains about having to re-rip your collection, I'm going to send you an empathy card. JESUS H! this was a lot of work.

What a difference a week makes. Just last Saturday you and Towen were praying for overtime in the Jets game to keep me away a little longer. :teasing-neener:

Zing said:
......The next time one of you guys complains about having to re-rip your collection, I'm going to send you an empathy card. JESUS H! this was a lot of work.

The next time I have to re-rip my collection, I'll just have you do it for me Mr. Motivation ;) .

Back