• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched the latest Exorcist release on Amazon on-demand this weekend it was pretty meh. Wasn't expecting Friedkin level horror but even so it was pretty predictable and didn't bring anything new or interesting to the table. Just a gratuitous sequel IMO.

Watched it on Apple TV on the weekend. In two stints. It's 3hours and 26 minutes. I thought it would be a slow burn with some sort of eruption of violence at the end....it was just slow!!
Maybe it's my fault because I wasn't familiar with the story. Probably would have enjoyed the book more than the movie.
ab67616d0000b273eef5ecc39d55374a4b599b99

Watched this caveman horror flick this weekend it had some degree of successful sense of dread and a decent creepy musical score, but overall it was just hard to look past the clean shaven actors looking totally out of place in the intended setting and the story just kinda loafed along to a somewhat predictable and uninteresting finish IMO. Good idea, just not executed so well.

Can't decide if I hate the idea of remaking this movie or not. Leaning towards hating it. Maybe as much as the pointless Oldboy remake. Some things should just be left alone.

Watched this streaming on Max this weekend. Trailer made it sound like it would be quirky comedy and it did have some very funny moments. But honestly by the end it was leaning closer to a closet horror movie with some very dark imagery and very different tone. Then I saw that it was an A24 release and Ari Aster's name popped up in the credits as a producer and it started to make sense. Cage was outstanding I thought and the movie while definitely quirky might be one of the more solid sleeper horror flicks I have seen in a while.

Back