• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

51PWNDJTP1L._SY445_.jpg

Somehow, I'd never seen this movie. Watched it with the family, who enjoyed it. A bit campy for sure, but entertaining.

Then the kids immediately wanted to watch this again, for like the 10th time:

open-uri20150422-12561-nie8b7_49ceb417.jpeg

This is one of the few action-type movies that never gets old for me. Good plot - I still have trouble sometimes figuring out what Jack is actually planning. :laughing: Just a fun movie. Plus, one of the best soundtracks ever, IMHO.

Saw this on Saturday
Kingsman_The_Golden_Circle.png

As usual, I liked the first better, but this was still pretty fun. I'll give it a 7.5/10

Just watched Baby Driver with Kevin Spacey and John Hamm and Jaime Foxx man what a great movie with an incredible soundtrack of mostly blues hits and some classic rock like Queen and Commodores. I was very impressed with the music

Had a chance to watch Star Trek Beyond the other day, and it was ok. Not my favorite movie of the reboot, Kirk has become more action star than Starship captain. Little confusing also on how the original three from the Franklin ended up surviving, I thought the indigenous population left long ago, not sure who they were feeding on to extend their life. I must have missed something.

One thing I want to know, is how in the heck the big guy in the space city, can't remember his name, but how has been in both Star Trek and Star Wars movies? I think he was also in Lost, or at least that's what I thought they said when I saw him in an episode of Pawn Stars. They're bit parts in both movies, but how cool would it be to say that you were both in Star Wars and Star Trek?

During my recent travels to Barcelona, on the plane flights to and from Spain I watched:

- Season Two of Northern Exposure (I know, not a movie. But it was shot on film! So technically...)
- Thor: The Dark World
- The Wolverine
- Trouble with the Curve (in-flight entertainment system)
- Erik the Viking (crappy official DVD version)
- Last Vegas (in-flight entertainment system)

And some various training flicks for work.

Here's a little bit of a bump...
I just saw amazon had Erik the Viking in it's (almost certain) original theatrical release. Is this the same version you had? Or is it different? It's been out for a while I guess, but I had only seen "The Director's Cut" version previously.

Here's a little bit of a bump...
I just saw amazon had Erik the Viking in it's (almost certain) original theatrical release. Is this the same version you had? Or is it different? It's been out for a while I guess, but I had only seen "The Director's Cut" version previously.

I really don't know which is which anymore. But the VHS copy I used to own and the version I saw on HBO back in the day were much better than the official DVD release I got.

I was looking for something to watch last night and came upon this offering on Amazon Prime

1200x630bb.jpg

I had no idea what to expect, not sure why I picked it but oh what a bit of a bizarre movie. Involves a murder mystery, time travel and the serious bending of the supposed rules regarding time and paradoxes. I am not 100% sure what happened (have some theories) and will have to watch again (similar in that respect to the movie Memento). I Don't want to provide any spoilers so will say no more at this time.

I saw that movie a year or so ago.....it’s was definitely different.

Saw the new Thor movie on Friday night and thought it was a freakin' train wreck. Some funny moments but I have no idea how it's getting such good reviews...

Our youngest Zachary was asking for days to watch The Green Mile so we watched that last Tuesday night. I recalled it being good, I had only watched it once after it’s release on DVD years ago. Just as good as I remember it being all those years ago. Since he enjoyed it, I recommended he give The Shawshank Redemption a look as well, so we watched that the next evening. TBS/TNT should be The Shawshank Networks since it’s on those channels all the time, and although it airs regularly, it had been some time since I had seen that one as well. I enjoyed watching them both with my son for the first time. If you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t seen one or both, they’re both highly recommended.

Last edited:
Saw the new Thor movie on Friday night and thought it was a freakin' train wreck. Some funny moments but I have no idea how it's getting such good reviews...
Interesting, I thought it was overrated but we all enjoyed it. It was certainly nothing groundbreaking.

Younger daughter wanted her birthday party in the movie theater; kids had a great time, and then we watched this:

wonder__2017___fanmade__by_mintmovi3-dbebhsj.jpg

Best movie I've seen in quite some time, I highly recommend it. If you're a reading type, read the book first, it's not long. I think in this case having read the book - both my kids and all their friends read it in elementary school but it's not JUST a kids' book, and wife and I read it too - will make the movie even more poignant. It's a great message, and something I'm pleased that both my daughters are clearly into.

Younger daughter wanted her birthday party in the movie theater; kids had a great time, and then we watched this:

Best movie I've seen in quite some time, I highly recommend it. If you're a reading type, read the book first, it's not long. I think in this case having read the book - both my kids and all their friends read it in elementary school but it's not JUST a kids' book, and wife and I read it too - will make the movie even more poignant. It's a great message, and something I'm pleased that both my daughters are clearly into.

@PaulyT Thanks for the tip about the book, I have seen the trailer for this movie and wish to see it.

We have tickets to see that Thanksgiving Day!

Just watched Next of Kin with Patrick Swayze, Helen Hunt, Liam Neeson, Ben Stiller, and a bunch of other pretty decent actors and I am sitting here asking myself why I didn't find ANYTHING else to do for the last 2 hours.

Watched this with the family a few days ago - enjoyed it VERY much. Good story and unique animation style.

Went today to see Roman J. Isreal Esq. I'm a Danzel fan. A really weird story about a weird character. Right up my alley. Collin Farrell was good. Out of his normal character which was a plus. No awards coming, if you are a Danzel fan check it out.

That was a very good movie. Everyone enjoyed it.

I have been really interested to hear the comments of others re: Wonder, I have heard many people say it was sad and they cried and cried. I thought it was a pretty happy movie with a great message.

Watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas last night in UHD with the grandson and wife. We own both the DVD and Bluray of this movie, and I've always felt that the picture was very soft, or almost as if you were watching it through a very sheer cloth. Was very happy to see that the UHD doesn't have that softness to it, although it still is no where near a reference disk. Overall, happy with the purchase as it was pretty cheap for a UHD Bluray, and the best was watching it with the grandson.

Back