• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I had posted on Facebook about watching the Grinch the other night, and Matt B suggested I watch Krampus. Just so happens it was on HBO the next night, so I DVR'd it. I knew what the movie was about, but not much else. When I saw Adam Scott and David Koechner were in it, I knew I was going to enjoy it, if nothing else because of David Koechner who is funny in just about anything he does. As a parent, there were a few scenes that were hard to watch, but the movie has just the right amount of humor and horror, that it works. Liked it so much, picked it up on sale Saturday for $9.99 at Best Buy.

A question rob

Where have you found the best prices for UHD. All I have checked out so far is Amazon.

^ blu-ray.com keeps pretty good tabs on pricing. Albeit most are still on Amazon, but it’s nice to screen the pricing.

I should clarify that Krampus was just bluray and not UHD. I've only bought 3 UHD's so far, 4 if you include that I bought Valerian twice, and they have all been from Walmart. I haven't compared Walmart to Amazon, I at least get 10% off at Walmart. They all seem to be in that $25 range, although I did get the Grinch for $20 at Walmart.

I should clarify that Krampus was just bluray and not UHD. I've only bought 3 UHD's so far, 4 if you include that I bought Valerian twice, and they have all been from Walmart. I haven't compared Walmart to Amazon, I at least get 10% off at Walmart. They all seem to be in that $25 range, although I did get the Grinch for $20 at Walmart.

Amazon is now offering all 3 of the new Planet of the Apes 4k in a box set for $32.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Apes-...1513005890&sr=1-7&keywords=planet+of+the+apes

I liked the films and if I didn't already have all 3 in BD I would jump on this. Still thinking about it.

Looking at the offerings at Amazon, some prices are pretty close to Walmart, and a few are cheaper.

finally got to finish this.

i find it better than Sicario and Hell or high water.

Wind River

Wind-River-movie-poster.jpg

Had to a chance to watch Logan yesterday, which overall was a decent movie. I just hated how they portrayed Professor X, but I guess they wanted to show Logan's soft side by caring for him.

Finally had a chance to watch John Wick 2 last night, and it was ok. Like others have said, the first is better, but I thought it was pretty good, and they left it open for John Wick 3. The one thing I hated was Ruby Rose. Still didn't understand the fascination with her, but I thought she was horrible in it, and she didn't even speak any lines.

Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg

The 4k was awesome, the movie itself was a disappointment.

Wait, you and tyupicakly have similar tastes and I thought that was one of the movies I've ever seen. What gives? I was emotionally engaged through the whole thing, often crying from sadness or pride at the right moments.

Wait, you and tyupicakly have similar tastes and I thought that was one of the movies I've ever seen. What gives? I was emotionally engaged through the whole thing, often crying from sadness or pride at the right moments.

I'm not really sure. As being a past history teacher I was thoroughly familiar with this time in history the story and details but at the end I thought is that all there is to this movie?

When it came to a good film with the Dunkirk withdrawal it it I think I prefer "Mrs. Miniver". Now that was a tear jerker.

I'm not really sure. As being a past history teacher I was thoroughly familiar with this time in history the story and details but at the end I thought is that all there is to this movie?

When it came to a good film with the Dunkirk withdrawal it it I think I prefer "Mrs. Miniver". Now that was a tear jerker.

Well, the new Winston Churchill movie, Darkest Hour, is marketing that the Dunkirk event plays a big role in the story. It could be they are cashing in on the critical success of Dunkirk to gain audience and potential Oscar victories, but who knows.

I do know that the spirit of self-sacrifice and determination to "do the right thing" in Dunkirk engendered the story to me. The concept of service to others runs through my veins, and seeing it so well dramatized as they did in that movie gave me chills and swelled my emotions. I also loved the mixed up chronology of the story line. At first it was a little disconcerting, but it all started making perfect sense by about 3/4 of the way through.

Well, the new Winston Churchill movie, Darkest Hour, is marketing that the Dunkirk event plays a big role in the story. It could be they are cashing in on the critical success of Dunkirk to gain audience and potential Oscar victories, but who knows.

I do know that the spirit of self-sacrifice and determination to "do the right thing" in Dunkirk engendered the story to me. The concept of service to others runs through my veins, and seeing it so well dramatized as they did in that movie gave me chills and swelled my emotions. I also loved the mixed up chronology of the story line. At first it was a little disconcerting, but it all started making perfect sense by about 3/4 of the way through.

I completely understand Dunkirk being featured prominently in a movie about Churchill. Churchill had just made a political comeback becoming Prime Minister in May of 1940 as the Germans were over running western Europe and the British expeditionary force was being driven out of Europe. He had to prove himself as many Britons had very hard feelings towards him after the Gallipoli disaster in WWI. So I would say it really is not an attempt to cash in on the Dunkirk movie it is just a critical part of history.

Over the weekend we watched Die Hard 1,2,and 3.
And, Taken 1,2, and 3.
Now watching Unknown with Liam Neeson from 2011.

0089859882029_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

The 1941 version with Alistair Sim as Scrooge. Best version IMO.

while watching it reminded me of a question I have asked myself over the years

What was Scrooge's business?

Y
Over the weekend we watched Die Hard 1,2,and 3.
And, Taken 1,2, and 3.
Now watching Unknown with Liam Neeson from 2011.

You missed the best Die Hard movie #4 "Live Free or Die Hard". That movie has some kick ass LFE in it.

Back