• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Wife and I are looking forward to seeing Game Night, everybody says it's pretty funny.

Just saw where James Gunn tweeted that Groot actually dies in the first movie, and that it is his son in the second movie, and some people are losing their minds over the thought of that. I'll be honest, I thought it was the same Groot grown from a twig that was Groot, which honestly makes more sense than it being his son based on the way nature works.

Just saw where James Gunn tweeted that Groot actually dies in the first movie, and that it is his son in the second movie, and some people are losing their minds over the thought of that. I'll be honest, I thought it was the same Groot grown from a twig that was Groot, which honestly makes more sense than it being his son based on the way nature works.

If you plant a cutting from a tree you get another, separate tree.

i knew it, but it also didnt bother me as much. considering the personalities of both groots are different.

A Valentine’s Day gift from Zing. Viewed, last evening. Luv the Despicable Me series.

49737866-1-zoom.jpg

We finally watched this last night, another great follow up......................

Went to see Red Sparrow today. Jennifer Lawrence is well, Jennifer Lawrence. Great suspense with a lot of intrigue with some twists and turns. Acting was good and lot's of blood and "intimacy".

Wife and I caught Game Night at the theater this past weekend, and overall it was an enjoyable movie. Quite funny at times, but almost had a dark tone to it, which kind of surprised me. We stayed through the credits, and I don't want to give anything away, but the credits confused me as to what was really going on with the ending. Worthy of a rental when it comes out, or a good date night movie with your significant other.

The credits definitely made you think and set it up for Game Night 2, I thought.
There was the scene right before the credits that you know something is going down, but the credits left me confused. I don't want to say anything to spoil it for anyone else, and it's not that big of a twist, but it did leave me scratching my head like it didn't really make sense.

I don’t blind buy anything anymore. I rent at home if we haven’t seen it at the theater. Generally I don’t like driving movies, there are exceptions and I don’t avoid hem, but I never expect to be blown away.

Pardon the interruption …

I don’t blind buy anything anymore. I rent at home if we haven’t seen it at the theater.

I haven’t bought a movie in what feels like forever and I’m fighting the temptation to buy discs again solely because I have a 4K set and figure if I’m going to pay to see a movie I may as well see it in the best possible format.

I’m buying almost exclusively tentpole blockbuster type movies that the kids and I enjoy watching multiple times over. They’re the only kind that I find are worth owning besides the occasional instant classics. But nothing like 3-4 short years ago where I was in BB at 10am almost every Tuesday.

Watched Magnificent 7 on Amazon last night. Great cast led by Denzel followed by a fun story based on the 60' version with McQueen, Brynner, Bronson, Coburn and Wallach to name a few. These were mens men in that era. To point Steve Mcqueen in Bullitt.

My father always liked westerns. He called them movies that when you watched, you didn't have to think.

I’m buying almost exclusively tentpole blockbuster type movies that the kids and I enjoy watching multiple times over. They’re the only kind that I find are worth owning besides the occasional instant classics. But nothing like 3-4 short years ago where I was in BB at 10am almost every Tuesday.

i try to let it slide, pretty much make a list for me to try to wait and wait and wait until black friday.

i got two or three in this year, but not the big movies.

Saw Game Night today since work was snowed out.....it had some funny moments, but overall “meh.”

We watched Wonder Woman last evening...I really, really enjoyed it!

The story line, PQ, and cast of characters really impressed me. I hope to get into the bonus scenes at some point soon.

5835563-l.jpg

Gen and I went to see Black Panther in IMAX 3D last week and I gotta say ... I was more disappointed than impressed. I was motivated to go see it in theatre because of the great reviews and comments - and multiple interviews with various cast members on a variety of late night shows etc. But I came away with a sense of lunch bag letdown. Not that it was bad; just that it fell way below (grossly inflated) expectations.

Back