• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

You’re not thinking of The Watcher are you? Not really a bad guy.
Galctus is the first ONE dude that came to mind but he wasn’t in white.
Kingpin wore all white but I wouldn’t consider his arc pivotal.

thanks towen, i totally forgot about the watcher. or watchers considering they were multiple right? im not cheating, this is all from memory.

Galactus was a favorite of mine, but i cant remember why. spiderman was a big part of the storyline, but i wasnt into spiderman as much. x-men had nothing to do with them either. i think it was silver surfer, and fantastic four, but i didnt care for them either.

hmm.

Kingpin, yet another spidey friendly only character.

Wait ... I can’t believe I forgot about The Beyonder from the Secret Wars series?!?!?

Pivotal point in the Marvel Universe - check
Super powerful dude - check
Wears all white - check
Before Thanos - kinda ... I consulted my Marvel Encyclopedia and my Marvel Chronicles and Thanos first appeared in an Iron Man comic in the early seventies , way before the Secret Wars series. But the Infinity Gauntlet series was in the early nineties, way after Secret Wars.

Bingo!!!!

yay! im not that old after all!

i want to re-read them, but man, its difficult to get all over comics again.

but the big difference is nowadays you can just get a 'collectors version' that had all of them, via amazon and kill the complete comic book experience.

those scenes from big bang theories, where they flip through the comics?

yup, that was me. but i also did that for CD's and for vinyl too.

thanks for the reminder Towen.

all of a sudden

Omega red
Cable
the other guy, also from the future, the african american guy...

S E N T I N E L S...

all these guys come to mind.

Was browsing through Netflix the other night, and came upon a movie called Timetrap, and the premise was a bunch of kids find a cave where time moves more slowly than the rest of the world. I'd like to say I didn't waste an hour and 20 minutes of my life, but I just had to see how the movie ended.

Yesterday, had the grandson over, and I hadn't seen Mortal Engines, and saw that it was on HBO, so decided to give it a watch. Overall I enjoyed it. Wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't a bad movie. Would have liked a little more of the backstory as to how they got where they were though.

Saw John Wick 3 and was rather disappointed. The story was rather weak and it was the same thing of both Keanu and Halle Berry doing the same leg trap and flip somebody over and over again. Plot was rather weak oh okay you'll be forgiven if you do this but then don't do that and all will be forgiven. Was impressed with the first two movies was rather bored with this one. I actually thought the two dogs attacking the bad guys was more impressive than the two lead characters. That one jump the dog did was quite impressive otherwise forget it

Anna 2019

by luc besson, starring some good heavy hitters, luke evans (who is also undermined as an actor, similar to dredd), helen mirren, cillian murphy.

man, it was fairly painful to watch.

a lot of sex tho, well, not the kind of movie to watch with the kids.

definitely not your female john wick.

just a word of warning.

Watched The Mule with Clint Eastwood yesterday, and it was a pretty good movie, although I didn't care for the ending. It's hard seeing Clint look so old, but he did a pretty good job for someone who is close to 90.

Watched The Mule with Clint Eastwood yesterday, and it was a pretty good movie, although I didn't care for the ending. It's hard seeing Clint look so old, but he did a pretty good job for someone who is close to 90.

Little trivia, almost all of the outdoor scenes were filmed in the area were I grew up Southern NM.

Little trivia, almost all of the outdoor scenes were filmed in the area were I grew up Southern NM.
Cool! I was thinking of you and Pauly yesterday. Stopped a grocery store I don't normally frequent, and they were selling Hatch chilies, even going so far to having a roaster setup. It did smell good, although I wouldn't have known what to do with them if I had bought any.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8110640/
in-the-shadow-of-the-moon-poster-405x600.jpg

Was hoping for so much more..

I didn't care for it. I liked the basic premise, but the execution was disappointing to me. It would be kind of hard to get into without spoilers.

Thanks, I was going to watch it later this afternoon I'll pass.

I was watching an episode of the Office on lunch here at work, and this popped up as what to watch next. Based on your review, I think I'll skip it.
Thanks, I was going to watch it later this afternoon I'll pass.

I checked Rotten Tomatoes to see if they had an audience score -- nothing yet. Critics are so far at 64% positive and IMDB has it at 62%.. but again, i'm standing by me not liking the execution.

There are two main reasons why I was disappointed -- first is the motivation of the lead character. The events that unfold don't justify his obsession. The second is the actual climax of the movie -- it just disappoints as it really wasn't that good or surprising. And it comes off super preachy to me. And these don't even take into account the convoluted manner in which the killer dispatches the victims. Just dumm. It seemed like there were several issues with how things were "done" within the movie that I thought were just stoopid.

My internet was out this afternoon so I couldn't do any work. So I figured I'd re-watch something that's been on my list for a long time:

v1.bTsxMTMwNDA4OTtqOzE4MjY1OzEyMDA7MjE4MTsyOTA4

There was some discussion on this here, many years ago, after it came out. It was really different watching it 10 years later and with the knowledge of having seen it before. It was still powerful though, but the overall theme seems different now - less about vampires per se, and more about the choices made by, and perhaps forced upon, kids growing up among weaknesses and peer pressure and bullies. Perhaps even MORE relevant today, honestly.

My internet was out this afternoon so I couldn't do any work. So I figured I'd re-watch something that's been on my list for a long time:

There was some discussion on this here, many years ago, after it came out. It was really different watching it 10 years later and with the knowledge of having seen it before. It was still powerful though, but the overall theme seems different now - less about vampires per se, and more about the choices made by, and perhaps forced upon, kids growing up among weaknesses and peer pressure and bullies. Perhaps even MORE relevant today, honestly.

One of my top ten movies in the last few decades.

Pauly,

Also not sure if I posted anything earlier on this but if you enjoyed Let The Right One In there is a recent movie based on short story from same author that is definitely worth checking out. Similarly less about the subject material and more about humanity, etc. It's called Border. It's about a TSA agent with unusual gifts including the ability to literally sniff out crime and evil. But like Let The Right One In it's eventually about a lot more then that.

Back