• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Finally watched this on in the Home Theater, saw it about a year ago on a plane........... Doctor Strange

220165_large.jpg

watched the kitchen.

i really wanted to enjoy this one, and i did. although it felt like a mobster movie lite, missing a bit of depth in the characters, and figuring out what or how they were doing things, was super dry, didnt give emphasis until later what they were doing and how it affects things.

characters were good, and i appreciated it a lot. i felt tho, towards the last quarter it felt flat. dry and flat. missing impact, missing a climactic point in the movie. it plateaued so to speak the whole way through after a while.

definitely a rental, hope this helps.

1577667058268.jpeg

Finally got around to watching A Cure For Wellness (2016). Kind of a mash up of styles somewhere in between the fairy tale horror of Shape of Water or Pans Labyrinth but with an occasional dose of Suspiria. Mia Goth steals the film as she tends to do (Marrowbone, The Survivalist, Suspiria). Not a general movie fan must see but probably a horror movie fan must see.

Last edited:
Atomic Blonde........... we thought is was fun but extremely far fetched.

184163_large.jpg

this has gone on sale forever on amazon at 9 bucks for a 4k copy. still hesitant about it. must be because its like overused 80s or 90s material.

The Irishman

MV5BMGUyM2ZiZmUtMWY0OC00NTQ4LThkOGUtNjY2NjkzMDJiMWMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg

I watched this yesterday. At 3.5 hours long it is a bit of a slog. A Scorsese movie no doubt.
I'm about halfway through, and like it. Interesting how DeNiro's character is kind of an observer (in a way) and narrator.

The stuff around the Kennedys reminds me of that thing Zing posted a while back of something Quincy Jones (I think it was him) wrote about who really shot Kennedy.

And ok yeah, I had to google who Hoffa was. :laughing:

I'm about halfway through, and like it.
Just finished. Good movie. Yeah it's long, as it has kind of a slow pacing to it - but in a good way, not boring, but rather (in my non-movie-educated opinion) to give you more insight into the characters, their patterns, their reactions. Great acting.

Definitely worth watching.

My wife and I watched A Small Favor on Prime Video. Twisty who done it with nice eye candy. We both liked it.

images

This popped up as free to watch on Amazon Prime so I gave it a look. A fairly formulaic hunt for the serial killer thriller flick. Not terrible. Borrows a few bits and pieces from other similar genre films (Silence of The Lambs creepy basement, Ed Norton's deceptive character in Primal Fear, vigilante predator revenge in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) but despite not being particularly original it holds up fine I thought. I like Ben Kingsley in just about everything he does and Henry Cavill does fine here too. Worth the watch especially because it was free.

This popped up as free to watch on Amazon Prime so I gave it a look. A fairly formulaic hunt for the serial killer thriller flick. Not terrible. Borrows a few bits and pieces from other similar genre films (Silence of The Lambs creepy basement, Ed Norton's deceptive character in Primal Fear, vigilante predator revenge in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) but despite not being particularly original it holds up fine I thought. I like Ben Kingsley in just about everything he does and Henry Cavill does fine here too. Worth the watch especially because it was free.

thanks for the heads up, i saw this a while back and wasnt sure it was out yet. its only on amazon im assuming?

Back