• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I watched this short documentary about the catholic native community near my hometown. I watched this procession every year and enjoyed being friends with these people throughout my youth.

One note, you may notice that all these people with Native American / Mexican / and long time local heritage who speak fluent Spanish with some random local native terms tossed in mostly don't have an accent when speaking English. This is what I grew up with. All these modern TV shows, especially the Disney & Nickelodeon shows for kids, where the "latino" characters all have thick Spanish accents are so far from the reality of most people living on the Mexican border. It is also worth noting that this community, which for all purposes is a "tribe" only goes back about 150 years and are made up of descendants from dozens of tribes and native slave groups who came together when the entire regional society was changed and freed and converted to Christianity centuries ago.

we recently had hbo etc stuff for free, and took advantage of it.

one movie that made me stay, and sit, and dont bother waiting for the recording to stop, was this one...

the professor and the madman, absolutely stunning! i watched it but got into it later in, like 30 minutes after it started.

418461246202%3A500.jpg

its a great movie. its not on blu-ray yet, but man, what a great movie.

we recently had hbo etc stuff for free, and took advantage of it.

one movie that made me stay, and sit, and dont bother waiting for the recording to stop, was this one...

the professor and the madman, absolutely stunning! i watched it but got into it later in, like 30 minutes after it started.

418461246202%3A500.jpg

its a great movie. its not on blu-ray yet, but man, what a great movie.

Thanks will check it out.

saw cirtic reviews, and show its low scoring. i dont put much into those, and sometimes its a hit or miss.

sadly, its only available on DVD.

if it was truly bad it would only be direct to VHS.

That makes me feel old, as I've been around long enough to know when baby monkey was truly a baby monkey over at S&V.

Dude, I was just thinking the same thing. Holy Cow I remember when BM was born.

want to feel old?

i wanted to buy this again, and realized its release date. (flight of the navigator)

man, this movie was one of my favorites growing up, up there with kindergarden cop and inner space...

1575696717471.jpeg

want to feel old?

i wanted to buy this again, and realized its release date. (flight of the navigator)

man, this movie was one of my favorites growing up, up there with kindergarden cop and inner space...

View attachment 10080
I've seen the movie, but years after it came out. I'm trying to think who was the voice of the thing to the right of the boy in the picture. And who doesn't love Kindergarden Cop. Even today, when my wife is complaining about not feeling well, I have to do the "maybe it's a toomer!"

I took my favorite person in the world to the theater to watch Frozen II. It was better than I expected it to be.

57DD25F4-F362-4883-8E37-87DCA106ED42.jpeg

I've seen the movie, but years after it came out. I'm trying to think who was the voice of the thing to the right of the boy in the picture. And who doesn't love Kindergarden Cop. Even today, when my wife is complaining about not feeling well, I have to do the "maybe it's a toomer!"

i loved it when it became a big part of soundboard/soundbites that they made for the govenah. there was a couple of youtube videos that showed people pranking calls using them.

The Irishman

MV5BMGUyM2ZiZmUtMWY0OC00NTQ4LThkOGUtNjY2NjkzMDJiMWMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg

I watched this yesterday. At 3.5 hours long it is a bit of a slog. A Scorsese movie no doubt.

The Irishman

MV5BMGUyM2ZiZmUtMWY0OC00NTQ4LThkOGUtNjY2NjkzMDJiMWMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg

I watched this yesterday. At 3.5 hours long it is a bit of a slog. A Scorsese movie no doubt.

Worth the slog? I have been debating watching it based on various reviews. Is it original and good or just a nostalgic send off/love fest for this crew of actors and director? I have heard mixed comments. Thanks.

Worth the slog? I have been debating watching it based on various reviews. Is it original and good or just a nostalgic send off/love fest for this crew of actors and director? I have heard mixed comments. Thanks.

When I said "slog" I just meant that it was long. I had to stop several times, probably took me 5 hours to watch a 3.5 hour movie.

I liked it it had a style a style similar to Goodfellas. It is original not just a reunion.

I was very familiar with the broad backstory about Hoffa and the mob and as a history buff enjoyed the take on it. Younger people that are not familiar with the characters may find it boring.

I'm not sure about the choice to have Pacino play Hoffa but he was ok.

When I said "slog" I just meant that it was long. I had to stop several times, probably took me 5 hours to watch a 3.5 hour movie.

I liked it it had a style a style similar to Goodfellas. It is original not just a reunion.

I was very familiar with the broad backstory about Hoffa and the mob and as a history buff enjoyed the take on it. Younger people that are not familiar with the characters may find it boring.

I'm not sure about the choice to have Pacino play Hoffa but he was ok.

Cool thanks I will check it out probably over holiday break.

i will try to watch this too.

although i dont know much about hoffa and the mob. all i knew was that he 'disappeared' right?

he was setting up a hit for a president i think.

watched

Dragged across concrete.

same guy who made bone tomahawk and brawl in cell block 99. both movies were a bit more gore than i could handle. his style is definitely unique, but not my type. this movie is definitely a rental in my books.

watched also

rambo last blood.

dont know if i wrote anything on it, but it was gorey too. rental, but good movie.

ad astra

a bit dry, but a nice movie. in all intent and purposes, i enjoyed the sci fi aspect of it. just not the best out there tho.

Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker. No spoilers. It was okay. Seeing it again Saturday with my girls.

Attachments

• MV5BMDljNTQ5ODItZmQwMy00M2ExLTljOTQtZTVjNGE2NTg0NGIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODkzNTgxMDg@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMDljNTQ5ODItZmQwMy00M2ExLTljOTQtZTVjNGE2NTg0NGIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODkzNTgxMDg@._V1_.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 1
watched jumanji, the new one with the rock. man, that was fun.

the great atmos parts was when someone had to 'come back' into the game... pretty fun.

there are scenes that may be a bit scary for two year olds. mine i had to catch and close his eyes a bit.

Back