• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched a couple of movies recently...
D4clHP2UIAAeTs0.jpg:large

p15449649_v_v8_ad.jpg

I liked both... i think you pretty much get exactly what you're looking for with both movies.

ad.jpg

I liked it but I don't know that it would appeal to a young crowd. It isn't an action or science fiction movie. Those are the wrapper around, what I would call a psychological drama. It could just be, it had me reflect on my relationship with my Dad.

watched a bit of Man from uncle, with superman and lone ranger in it, as well as the robot chick.

this was one of my favorite movies based on its storyline, but after upping to atmos, AND getting a new sub to bloat my living room, man this is a blast to watch. very good scenes and overall excited me to watch more movies in a very pronounced un-acoustically treated wife approved and mother in law decreed baby safe living room.

Didnt see much talk on it, but Joms mentioned earlier:

Ford Vs Ferrari and I gotta tell you it was better than I expected.

Also, I set a reminder to watch Only The Brave.

Gotta see Joker soon too.

watched z for zachariah, with chris pine, margot robbie (which did an excellent job and looks amazing), and chiwetel ejiofor.

great movie, but a bit of a cliffhanger teasing ending. good for a rental.

1582764263188.jpeg

Yeah I thought this was a solid sleeper rental. Definitely exceeded expectations.

for those out there, it was on epix, got a free weekend, so i recorded it.

i just finished doctor sleep, and hesistant to buy the 4k version.

i have to read through peoples thoughts on this movie. overall tho, spectacular storytelling. amazing performances.

for those out there, it was on epix, got a free weekend, so i recorded it.

i just finished doctor sleep, and hesistant to buy the 4k version.

i have to read through peoples thoughts on this movie. overall tho, spectacular storytelling. amazing performances.

I almost picked up a copy @ Target today was thinking the same thing needed to hear some trustworthy reviews first. Sounds like it's worth watching.

I almost picked up a copy @ Target today was thinking the same thing needed to hear some trustworthy reviews first. Sounds like it's worth watching.

you know what bud. i think i might just bite.

thinking i can support the actors especially the new zealander dude - cliff curtis.

bought via amazon.

its also got no bars on top and bottom. :D f*ckin purist going apeshit its in 1:85:1 or 1:78:1 ratio.

you know what bud. i think i might just bite.

thinking i can support the actors especially the new zealander dude - cliff curtis.

bought via amazon.

its also got no bars on top and bottom. :D f*ckin purist going apeshit its in 1:85:1 or 1:78:1 ratio.

OK I'll check it out thanks.

View attachment 10343

I liked it but I don't know that it would appeal to a young crowd. It isn't an action or science fiction movie. Those are the wrapper around, what I would call a psychological drama. It could just be, it had me reflect on my relationship with my Dad.

Watched it agreed it's not really straight up sci-fi it's more about (mild spoiler) the father son relationship and Brad Pitt's characters psychological struggles and development. There were a few moments towards the end where I was waiting for some kind of random cheesy sci-fi forced plot twist (like Event Horizon) but was glad nothing like that ever happened. Not an action flick but a cool moody sci-fi film watch it if you are a die hard genre fan.

Watched it agreed it's not really straight up sci-fi it's more about (mild spoiler) the father son relationship and Brad Pitt's characters psychological struggles and development. There were a few moments towards the end where I was waiting for some kind of random cheesy sci-fi forced plot twist (like Event Horizon) but was glad nothing like that ever happened. Not an action flick but a cool moody sci-fi film watch it if you are a die hard genre fan.

i watched it, but felt a bit disappointed. must be the high expectations for a full on battleship kinda feel.

its like a sci fi movie, but on drugs.

like.

not even true ganja pot kinda buzz.

Trailer is not particularly interesting but I found this to be much better then expected sci-fi flick in a shoot 'em up video game robot AI gone wacky kind of way. It's funny how CGI quality is good enough now that previously B grade sci-fi movies become B+/A- grade movies just because they look pretty good. I watched streaming on Amazon it was free with Prime. Might not pay to see it but for free it was worth the watch.

Trailer is not particularly interesting but I found this to be much better then expected sci-fi flick in a shoot 'em up video game robot AI gone wacky kind of way. It's funny how CGI quality is good enough now that previously B grade sci-fi movies become B+/A- grade movies just because they look pretty good. I watched streaming on Amazon it was free with Prime. Might not pay to see it but for free it was worth the watch.

Man! I thought j suggested this year's ago! This is a great movie, and keep on rewatch it on netflix.

Awesome movie starring that hot chick in Hobbs and shaw, Elizabeth something hot.

With the virus panic shutting down movie theaters looks like a bunch of current and soon to be released movies will get super early release on demand, Amazon Prime, etc. as movie companies scramble to figure out how to monetize films while theaters are closed. Some big titles like James Bond are getting delayed release and held back until things clear up. I might check out the new Invisible Man remake that was just in theaters I believe it hits Amazon Prime this Friday. Looks good and suspenseful.

With the virus panic shutting down movie theaters looks like a bunch of current and soon to be released movies will get super early release on demand, Amazon Prime, etc. as movie companies scramble to figure out how to monetize films while theaters are closed. Some big titles like James Bond are getting delayed release and held back until things clear up. I might check out the new Invisible Man remake that was just in theaters I believe it hits Amazon Prime this Friday. Looks good and suspenseful.
My 14 daughter saw it in theatre a few weeks back. She gave it a solid "meh". BUT she is a 14 year old girl so take that with a grain of salt.

Back