• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Had to kill a couple of hours yesterday waiting for UFC to start. I was tired after 10 mile run in high wind so I felt like a low brain power action flick. Made the tragic mistake of renting this on-demand on Amazon. At least it was only $5.99. Wow was it bad and incoherent. I can't imagine Ron Pearlman watching the first screening and not muttering WTF under his breath and sneaking out of the theater before anyone recognized him. Not that I was expecting greatness but I saw the Toho logo and figured it might at least have some fun monster action. Some of the monster CGI was decent but the rest was a steaming hot mess.

Last edited:
The informer,

This had a great cast, and a good storyline. not the best, but definitely not bad either.

Its no Shot caller (now THAT was great), but its a good movie enough for me to stay up until 2am last night just to finish it.

Backstory details werent apparent, until later on, a bit more character development wouldve helped, but ultimately, not bad since its FREE ON AMAZON PRIME.

i bought the damn thing and then my sis in law lent us amazon prime on the broken tv, and saw a couple of good movies including this one.

on a side note, any good Amazon prime movies i should look forward to watching? aside from coming to america 2?

monster hunter was on my list, i watched it until the10 minute mark and turned it off.

Watched this with the wife last night, enjoyed it very much. We're big fans of the first movie; just saw it again with the kids a couple of months ago. This is a decent successor, not quite as good as the original, but still fun and hey free on amazon prime so no complaints!

MV5BZTMyY2Q2MDctMDFlMS00MWEzLTk1NmEtNDcxNzg1ZGJlNGU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

The informer,

This had a great cast, and a good storyline. not the best, but definitely not bad either.

Its no Shot caller (now THAT was great), but its a good movie enough for me to stay up until 2am last night just to finish it.

Backstory details werent apparent, until later on, a bit more character development wouldve helped, but ultimately, not bad since its FREE ON AMAZON PRIME.

i bought the damn thing and then my sis in law lent us amazon prime on the broken tv, and saw a couple of good movies including this one.

on a side note, any good Amazon prime movies i should look forward to watching? aside from coming to america 2?

monster hunter was on my list, i watched it until the10 minute mark and turned it off.
I almost watched that last night.

I thought Shot Caller was pretty good. I will give this one a whirl soon.

Watched this with the wife last night, enjoyed it very much. We're big fans of the first movie; just saw it again with the kids a couple of months ago. This is a decent successor, not quite as good as the original, but still fun and hey free on amazon prime so no complaints!

MV5BZTMyY2Q2MDctMDFlMS00MWEzLTk1NmEtNDcxNzg1ZGJlNGU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
The original is a classic. The second was good and definitely entertaining. It was a little over the top and sufficiently campy. They definitely delivered on the order with extra cheese.

But definitely worth a watch, we really enjoyed it.

The original is a classic. The second was good and definitely entertaining. It was a little over the top and sufficiently campy. They definitely delivered on the order with extra cheese.

But definitely worth a watch, we really enjoyed it.

I bailed about 45 mins into it. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood.

Just read through the list of 2021 Oscar nominations and of all the films nominated I have only seen three. One of which was a short documentary. I saw Tenet (nominated for special effects), Sound of Metal and My Octopus Teacher. That is a sad COVID apocalypse regular movie goer realization.

Just read through the list of 2021 Oscar nominations and of all the films nominated I have only seen three. One of which was a short documentary. I saw Tenet (nominated for special effects), Sound of Metal and My Octopus Teacher. That is a sad COVID apocalypse regular movie goer realization.
I can do you one better. I posted earlier today in the random thoughts section about the Oscar nominations. I have only HEARD of and partly seen 1 nominated film. Hillbilly Elegy. Sad state of Covid affairs indeed!!

I can do you one better. I posted earlier today in the random thoughts section about the Oscar nominations. I have only HEARD of and partly seen 1 nominated film. Hillbilly Elegy. Sad state of Covid affairs indeed!!
I'm not far off. The only one that I even recognize or heard some buzz about other then the titles I mentioned was Nomadland with Francis McDormand. Will probably check that out.

anyone seen these movies on amazon prime?

Night hunter (ben kingsley, henry cavill)
A vigilante (olivia wilde)
Final score (dave bautista)

with time so limited nowadays, i cant even play my ps4. but i end up folding clothes and need something worthwhile.

forgot about this one,

You were never really here - joaquin phoenix.

curious, i guess im watching a lot of darker, suspense movies now.

with time so limited nowadays, i cant even play my ps4. but i end up folding clothes and need something worthwhile.

Watched night hunter.

its 6 bucks right now to purchase on amazon.

ive been watching stuff like this and i liked it. very good movie.

sidenote question - in the previous movie the silencing, they have interactions with the native american lawforce. i also liked it when it was in wind river, and weel, queen of the south. funny enough the actor in it is in most of these.

anyone have any similar suggestions?

You were never really here - joaquin phoenix.
Saw Night Hunter and Vigilante but not Final Score.

And I thought You Were Never Really Here was outstanding.

If you liked Wind River and are watching darker suspense movies I would check this one out...

oh yeah, i saw that one, it was fantastic movie. lemme find my thoughts on it later... this was what i was referring to, movies that had the alaskan background and somewhat a native reservation land as a theme. i think longmire might be what i want then,

just to clarify its FREE om amazon prime, but six bucks as a bluray. i might buy it.

planning to watch vigilante. is it worth it?

planning to watch vigilante. is it worth it?
I thought Olivia Wilde did a great job with the intense subject matter. The story itself was maybe not as good as her performance. But again she is solid and I think this performance might elevate her to other more serious roles.

Last edited:
Back