• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Just finished:

u2j2cU8PpV4ZYiOtezxIGXhGVb0p8Gu0AD4TYllcooH-17CVxCRPPY5NdNoeaKBbKdxPmw

Actually I don't think I've ever seen this one before. Pretty good, although of course it follows the Die Hard Formula - bad guys orchestrating some elaborate distraction for a basic money heist. Still, fun stuff.
My favorite DH movie

ill give you my insight once i get the courage to watch run. bought it. :D
Watched Run it was well made if not somewhat predictable/formula knock off of Stephen King's Misery captor scenario. In fact there were multiple Easter egg's throughout the film referencing King and Misery which was kind of cool. So really more a tribute/homage then a knock off to be fair.

Duel looks more interesting to me will try and sneak it in next weekend.

Watched Run it was well made if not somewhat predictable/formula knock off of Stephen King's Misery captor scenario. In fact there were multiple Easter egg's throughout the film referencing King and Misery which was kind of cool. So really more a tribute/homage then a knock off to be fair.

Duel looks more interesting to me will try and sneak it in next weekend.
sounds good. thanks for your insight.

im finishing up terminal list. im kinda locked into using a tablet and/or a secondary tv, so im trying to finish this one off.

did you see the trailer for the other movie?

did you see the trailer for the other movie?
Yes looks wacky from the same people who made The Art of Self Defense. Hopefully have time to watch it this weekend. Have tickets for Thor on Saturday after charity bike event but should find some time on Sunday hopefully.

Sarah Paulsen was great in Run.
cool, im into it half way....

putting aside our direct comparison to Misery,

this one felt a bit forced on. i felt that there wasnt much of a connection made between mom and daughter, and somehow, her coming of age stirred up questioning aspects of her life all of a sudden. i like it, just thought there would be some sort of leeway, some intro a bit on her stance.

anyways, going to finish this tonight, then watch black phone with ethan hawke.

just finished it.

yes, sarah paulsen and the daughter did great performances. just that the story made me cringe more than the movie itself. good 1 and a half hour movie, it may appeal to some, but i felt the ending couldve done a better job.

Last edited:

something for the paul newman fans,

The last movie stars - i am totally looking forward to this.

cool, im into it half way....

putting aside our direct comparison to Misery,

this one felt a bit forced on. i felt that there wasnt much of a connection made between mom and daughter, and somehow, her coming of age stirred up questioning aspects of her life all of a sudden. i like it, just thought there would be some sort of leeway, some intro a bit on her stance.

anyways, going to finish this tonight, then watch black phone with ethan hawke.

just finished it.

yes, sarah paulsen and the daughter did great performances. just that the story made me cringe more than the movie itself. good 1 and a half hour movie, it may appeal to some, but i felt the ending couldve done a better job.
Agree 100%, I just thought Paulsen was really good.

Girlfriend and I took my mother to go see Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris this weekend I will reluctantly admit that I enjoyed it. Then I will go do some bench presses and scratch my junk and other manly things just to balance things out.

Watched Elvis last night. I was super disappointed personally. I can’t really say it was bad. But being directed by Baz Luhrmann, I should‘ve expected it to be highly stylized like it was. And as someone who enjoyed Moulin Rouge, this one really didn’t work for me on a lot of levels. It had its moments but I’m certainly in no hurry to see it again.

Finally watched it, will give my thoughts tomorrow.

Attachments

• 964A077B-9BBF-41AB-A9E4-47097E1820B3.jpeg
    964A077B-9BBF-41AB-A9E4-47097E1820B3.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2
100 degrees out so hiding in AC in theaters and my girlfriends place all weekend watching movies.

Saturday afternoon at theater Thor... funny and entertaining enjoyed it despite some of the elevated campiness.

Saturday evening at home Bohemian Rhapsody... late on this one but enjoyed the nostalgia and tribute to great band and frozen moments in time from our youth watching Live Aid when it happened live.

Sunday afternoon back at theater... Nope. Very few movies induce WTF viewer moments for me anymore... it's all been done before, not much original storytelling these days. But this guy seems to manage to pull it off so well. Love his stuff and this one was pretty close to edge of your seat material I thought. Occasionally graphic and intense not for younger viewers. I might go see this one again. Michael Wincott sighting was fun have not seen much of him since The Crow and Dead Man.

Edit: Forgot to mention that we saw Nope on a big IMAX size screen (Cinemark XD) and I am glad we did because this movie features some surprisingly good large scale cinematography and big screen worthy shots. Definitely added the experience.

Last edited:

Forgot we watched this one a couple weeks ago Black Phone with Ethan Hawke. Had a Stephen King "kids banding together vs. evil" vibe to it and (also Stephen King like) 70's/80's nostalgia feel. Wouldn't go out of my way to see it or pay on-demand for it but probably worth streaming for cheap or free once available if you are a horror fan.

Back