• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

i wish i can 'stomach' certain movies like i did back then, i dont know why, but i guess is because we seem to be pushing the envelope a bit hard, either for the attention or worse, for the money.

I will say that Gaspar Noe's Irreversible may be on the top of my list of hardest movies to watch (including the likes of Serbian Film). Not just for the brutality of some of the scenes but the whole movie is literally filmed to make viewers uneasy. Spinning upside down overhead camera work, deep unsettling bass tones and the whole story is chronologically backwards. All deliberately intended to put viewers on edge and uneasy. And the irony of the bucolic "beginning" of the story we see at the end of the movie on screen is heartbreaking because we already know what horrible things are in store for these characters who we have only just come to know and empathize with as the chaos of the movie again settles down into the peaceful "beginning". Credits roll and it's like you were just punched in the gut. Incredibly effective and brilliant (IMO) film making. Just again very challenging to watch. I am glad I saw it. I have never seen anything quite like it. But I will probably never watch it again.

I saw it in the theater had pretty much the exact same reaction. Not blown away but enjoyed some parts. And any time they drag Vincent "Brotherhood of The Wolf" Cassel on screen I am watching it no matter what it is.

I pulled out my DVD of this yesterday and watched.. I remembered the general plot but forgot many of the details.

For those interested here's the small clip showing am alternate ending to underwater...

I got it from a feed from my phone. Not sure if its real or not.

Watched 1917.

My OPINION?

Let's just say I'm not buying the 4k. I love, love love the technique he used, and the story itself, it just didn't appeal as much to me. It felt artsy. I kinda felt the same way about dunkirk.

Yes, it's no midway, but these are two different markets and stories. Somehow comparing saving private Ryan back in the day to a thin red line was also unfair.

It's no Ford versus Ferrari, nor was it doctor sleep for me. I guess my tastebuds are a bit different for this jne. Maybe its also because I watched it at 3 in the morning holding my son to sleep.

This was good! Audio and Video real goos!

91ch5CDx6gL._SX425_.jpg

For those interested here's the small clip showing am alternate ending to underwater...

I got it from a feed from my phone. Not sure if its real or not.

The back cover of the BluRay lists "extended and deleted scenes" but nothing mentioned about alternate ending. But maybe it's in the deleted scenes.

Saw this today... a very solid meh.. listed as a comedy. Nope, not even a little bit. As a regular movie, certainly not the worst, but I was hoping for more.
p17138788_v_v8_aa.jpg

Saw this today... a very solid meh.. listed as a comedy. Nope, not even a little bit. As a regular movie, certainly not the worst, but I was hoping for more.
p17138788_v_v8_aa.jpg
Thanks for the insight. I put it on my list yesterday. If I run out of stuff I really want to watch I'll check it out

Watched It 2 last night. I liked the first chapter -- i'd probably give that one a B/B+. This one, not so much. Maybe C+/B-
IT-movie-sequel-news-940882.jpg
I started to watch this yesterday and quickly realized I didn't remember the first one very well knew the story read the book but couldn't remember the first one very well.

So I stopped watching 2 and rented chapter 1 from Prime for 4 bucks. Watched them back to back and I thought chapter 2 was pretty good while having the continuity for watching them together.

I started to watch this yesterday and quickly realized I didn't remember the first one very well knew the story read the book but couldn't remember the first one very well.

So I stopped watching 2 and rented chapter 1 from Prime for 4 bucks. Watched them back to back and I thought chapter 2 was pretty good while having the continuity for watching them together.
I can maybe see that... And I also might be looking back on Chapter 1 with some sort of bias just because it has been a while. I don't know, but i like your persepctive.

Watched The Thing, 2011.

i always liked this, but some reason i couldnt stomach the deformities as much as i used to. still a great movie.

did i review Terminator dark fate?

its screwed up, but man i loved it. has THE most amount of lower LFE spectrum ive watched in a while. when the shotguns fire, are amazing.

Binge watching Netflix movies this weekend. Watched Extraction with Thor not terrible kind of John Wick action style. Watched a sci-fi movie called Spectral also not bad has cool effects. And another sci-fi movie called I Am Mother with Hillary Swank not particularly original but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
spectral was a movie that couldve been better.

i am going to watch extraction soon, and see 'non thor' movie.

i was actually thinking you watched michael pena in Extinction, another sci fi movie. not the best but a good spin on it.

i was actually thinking you watched michael pena in Extinction, another sci fi movie. not the best but a good spin on it.

Extinction is next up in my Netflix cue. I am enjoying their in house sci-fi productions lately.

Skipped Extinction will watch it next. Watched this first instead (yes I think I watched four movies this weekend oops) it had an interesting premise but IMO couldn't decide whether to be serious or borderline silly/campy at times. Would have preferred if it just stayed one way or the other preferably serious. Somewhat predicable but again for a virus lock down sci-fi binge session it was OK. And if you like Noomi Rapace you will see a whole lot of her in this movie in more ways than one.

Back