• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

brought my kids to a movie theater for the first time, 6 and 3. it was for a birthday party.

we watched mario movie.

lets put it this way, i like the retro feel it gave me, made me appreciate my first childhood game i ever played on a gaming console. (i had the red one), and the kids love it.

go in expecting its a kids movie, and you'll be fine.

i was gonna tell wife to pick me up two hours later so i can sneak into watching john wick 4, but that didnt pan out well. :D

brought my kids to a movie theater for the first time, 6 and 3. it was for a birthday party.

we watched mario movie.

lets put it this way, i like the retro feel it gave me, made me appreciate my first childhood game i ever played on a gaming console. (i had the red one), and the kids love it.

go in expecting its a kids movie, and you'll be fine.

i was gonna tell wife to pick me up two hours later so i can sneak into watching john wick 4, but that didnt pan out well. :D
That movie is hauling in some serious cash, so it must be resonating with a lot of kids and adults.

I do find it funny how John Leguizamo, a Columbian born actor refuses to see the movie because they cast a white guy to play Mario, an Italian, instead of him.

dude, if pedro pascual wasnt so busy he'd be perfect in this movie as well!

heck, if you saw the skit he did man did he fit the part.

sidenote, i always say he'd be a perfect burt reynolds in smokey. must be the stache.

I watched this.

I really enjoyed this different take on war movies.

"eskimo pussy is mighty cold"
Only steers and queers come from Texas Private Cowboy, and you don't look like a steer so that kinda narrows it down a bit.
Did your parents have any children that lived?
Lee Ermey was a scene stealer in that movie. But who can forget Vincent D'onofrio?
Great movie.

Only steers and queers come from Texas Private Cowboy, and you don't look like a steer so that kinda narrows it down a bit.
Lee Ermey was a scene stealer in that movie. But who can forget Vincent D'onofrio?
Great movie.
Oh yeah those 2 were awsome.

I watched one of the bonus features where they mention that Lee Ermey wrote his own lines (insults) and it was so good, so authentique, that Stanley Kubrick used most of it..

You can quote quote a lot of good stuff from the first half of that movie.

Great movie.
Want to see a contrast between characters that D'Onofrio has played, watch Adventures in Babysitting and see if you can pick him out.

Ballad of buster scruggs.

man, some really good story telling. very dark, ala edgar allen poe shit, but in the west. good good stuff. dont watch it if you're depressed tho.

I don't post on this thread much, not a big movie fan.
However, I love the films of Stanley Kubrick, those that I've seen. Here's a favorite scene from a favorite movie, that I've watched at least three times (have read the book 5 times) (didn't have intranetz when I was a kid).

I don't post on this thread much, not a big movie fan.
However, I love the films of Stanley Kubrick, those that I've seen. Here's a favorite scene from a favorite movie, that I've watched at least three times (have read the book 5 times) (didn't have intranetz when I was a kid).

whats funny botch is i have a colleague at work who swears that stephen king is an amazing writer. he also praises a lot about once flies over the cuckoos nest being one of the best adaptations.

whats funny botch is i have a colleague at work who swears that stephen king is an amazing writer. he also praises a lot about once flies over the cuckoos nest being one of the best adaptations.
Jomari,
I'm confused. Stephen King didn't write 2001 or One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest?

Jomari,
I'm confused. Stephen King didn't write 2001 or One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest?
oh, mah bad, these are two separate comments.

he likes stephen king AND likes one flew over cuckoos nest.

i never knew stephen king did the green mile or more surprisingly Shawshank redemption!

Just finished watching Cocaine Bear, and it actually was pretty entertaining. Not a great movie by any means, and at times it doesn't know whether it wants to be a thriller or a comedy, but it had enough of both that if you are a fan of either genre, you should enjoy it.

Just finished watching Cocaine Bear, and it actually was pretty entertaining. Not a great movie by any means, and at times it doesn't know whether it wants to be a thriller or a comedy, but it had enough of both that if you are a fan of either genre, you should enjoy it.
We watched it while waiting our rainy Sunday agreed it was pretty amusing more so then I expected.

watched moneyball with brad pitt on peacock.

its a great movie, but i have absolutely no understanding on what happened at the ending.

im also not that keen with baseball.

a few questions
1. when the red sox made the offer to billy, and they showed it that 2 years later they won, why would they mention that he was still struggling to get a win on the end of his season
2. the daughters song had some sort of tone about 'your a loser dad'... what that meant to tell me something about him?

watched moneyball with brad pitt on peacock.

its a great movie, but i have absolutely no understanding on what happened at the ending.

im also not that keen with baseball.

a few questions
1. when the red sox made the offer to billy, and they showed it that 2 years later they won, why would they mention that he was still struggling to get a win on the end of his season
2. the daughters song had some sort of tone about 'your a loser dad'... what that meant to tell me something about him?

got some time at work to chill a bit, found my answer.

Sisu was awesome we saw it in the theater today the crowd was cheering some of the scenes. Absolute mayhem and very violent but also very well filmed IMO and just plain fun. Loved it.

The more I think about Sisu the more I liked it. May have to go back for another big screen viewing before it leaves theaters Didn't make the connection at the time but realize now it's the lead actor and director from my all time favorite modern era Christmas film Rare Exports.

Catherine and I watched Air last Friday. Not sure of it’s real life accuracy but pretty good flick nonetheless….highly recommended.

The Algorithms are now feeding me, here's an interesting 4-minute interview with the two main human stars of 2001. I need to get my HDMI/receiver/new TV issues sorted out so I can watch this film again.

Sisu was awesome we saw it in the theater today the crowd was cheering some of the scenes. Absolute mayhem and very violent but also very well filmed IMO and just plain fun. Loved it.
i gotta see this.

on a sidenote finished watching medieval, with er... um... it was released last year.

it was about Jan Zizka who was a great military leader. pretty good stuff! of course fluffed up a bit, but well done in general. a watch it kinda movie.

Back