• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What to do with old TV?

Mag

What did you guys do with your old TV? Give it way, haul it to the dump?

It's time for a new display in my living room ( no idea what I want ) but I have to get rid of this big 50" rear projection set.

Still works fine, though the brightness has to be cranked a bit now as the guns are old I guess.

Don't dont know if I should post something on one of those giveaway sites or just have some fun with one of my sledgehammers.

I'd call Goodwill and see if they're interested in it. If not, post it as free on Craigslist. If there are no takers, call the trash service company to come pick it up. That's what I'd do anyway.

I set mine out on the curb one night with a sign saying "Free, works!" It was gone when I got up the next morning.

Two days later I saw the remote for it on my coffee table, changed the sign to "I've got your remote", had a knock on the door, and gave it to him.

See if there is a nursing home in your area that would like a nice big TV for the old folks to watch.

Botch said:
I set mine out on the curb one night with a sign saying "Free, works!" It was gone when I got up the next morning.

Two days later I saw the remote for it on my coffee table, changed the sign to "I've got your remote", had a knock on the door, and gave it to him.

True story??? That's funny! :music-rockout:

Botch said:

Too funny! lol

Evidently people still want big rear projection CRT TV's. I put a note on the bulletin board at work " Free 50 in HDTV, first to respond with truck in my driveway takes it home" and within 5 min one of our shipping guys took the note down as he won I guess.

He picked it up this weekend, I went shoppig and replaced it with a new 55" Panny Plasma.

Excited to say the least... I put in BD last night after hours of rigging everything up and was blown away with how good it looks, and I havent even tweaked it yet. Man what a gorgeous TV. :handgestures-thumbup:

Mag said:
Evidently people still want big rear projection CRT TV's. I put a note on the bulletin board at work " Free 50 in HDTV, first to respond with truck in my driveway takes it home" and within 5 min one of our shipping guys took the note down as he won I guess.

He picked it up this weekend, I went shoppig and replaced it with a new 55" Panny Plasma.

Excited to say the least... I put in BD last night after hours of rigging everything up and was blown away with how good it looks, and I havent even tweaked it yet. Man what a gorgeous TV. :handgestures-thumbup:
:text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

I've been on the fence on getting rid of my Pioneer Elite 58" RPTV, with a new LED TV but I just can't because the PQ is still fantastic and the TV has less than 4,000 hours on it in 10 years. It's big and bulky and would be my major reason to get rid of it, but the lack of HDMI and the new LED's have a far sharper image would be the other reasons, but it still works great and just can't see giving away a beautifully working TV just on the image being so slightly less sharp and bigger. But when I do, I figure I'll call Goodwill and use it as a nice tax write off.

Heh, I think this is the fourth thread or so from the near-past that's been bumped by "LED-TV-in-my-future" Matt...

:happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred:

Back