• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What version of Squeezebox Server are you using?

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
Just curious. I know in the past some upgrades would be buggy and others would give you more features. I get a lot of balloon pop ups telling me the newest version is available, but I have been really happy with using just this one. "if it ain't broke, then why fix it?" That's why I haven't really made an effort to jump like I used to in the past.

Does anyone with the newest version know what's different and if it's worth upgrading? I'm using 7.5.1.

I'm very leery of SB server upgrades as I had one that really screwed things up for a while.

So in that light I am still using 7.3.3 - haven't done an upgrade for 2 years.

I believe I'm on the latest, I had a bug at one upgrade that made me unable to use apps for about a week without hiccups. I have an original classic, no issues here.

I'm running the latest, 7.5.3. I typically do the upgrade when it becomes available, haven't had any issues with it so far.

PaulyT said:
I'm running the latest, 7.5.3. I typically do the upgrade when it becomes available, haven't had any issues with it so far.

Ditto.

Rope

Is there anything different between 7.5.1 and 7.5.3? I got a feeling there's not.

Not likely, it's just a bug fix release (small change in version number), so unless you've got something that doesn't work, there' no reason to upgrade.

PaulyT said:
Not likely, it's just a bug fix release (small change in version number), so unless you've got something that doesn't work, there' no reason to upgrade.

That's what I was wondering. Thanks Pauly. :handgestures-thumbup:

I have the latest as well 7.5.3. For some strange reason it seems to truncate the first split second of a song when I first start it up. I don't if that is some problem in my network or on the Squeezebox end of it. After that I can bounce from song to song with no problem. I don't remember this happening in the previous versions. Maybe it did and I wasn't paying close enough attention to it. I remember people complaining about this years back but I assumed their problems went away with successive firmware updates. I don't know how to fix MY problem however.
Did I scare you Yesfan??!!
Mike

mcad64 said:
I have the latest as well 7.5.3. For some strange reason it seems to truncate the first split second of a song when I first start it up. I don't if that is some problem in my network or on the Squeezebox end of it. After that I can bounce from song to song with no problem. I don't remember this happening in the previous versions. Maybe it did and I wasn't paying close enough attention to it. I remember people complaining about this years back but I assumed their problems went away with successive firmware updates. I don't know how to fix MY problem however.
Mike

I'm running 7.4.1 and have the same issue but I think it's a problem with my Outlaw pre/pro locking onto the input stream and figuring out how to decode it...

CMonster said:
mcad64 said:
Mike

I'm running 7.4.1 and have the same issue but I think it's a problem with my Outlaw pre/pro locking onto the input stream and figuring out how to decode it...

CMonster,
Glad to know I am not alone. Sucks however that we have this issue!!
Mike

Nope, not scared but it just reinforces me to stay with the version I have.

Hope you get that glitch fixed.

Yesfan70 said:
Nope, not scared but it just reinforces me to stay with the version I have.

Hope you get that glitch fixed.

Yesfan,
I am happy to report I did in fact get the glitch fixed. For some bizarre reason my Onkyo kept defaulting to the DTS audio option for my coax digital input. Even though it was set to AUTO (PCM or DTS) it kept defaulting to DTS. I think it was the split second it took to go from DTS to the correct PCM setting that was clipping that first fraction of the audio.
Looked at the manual which said if you are missing the first second of an audio clip change setting to PCM only. DUH !! I did and it works!!
You know what they say RTFM!!!
Mike
BTW, I have now upgraded squeezebox server to 7.5.4!!! R21171 Firmware also went to 133 :handgestures-thumbup:

With the computer crash I had earlier this week I had to install the latest version 7.5.4. I really like it especially the upgrade on the Controller. No problems yet.

mzpro5 said:
With the computer crash I had earlier this week I had to install the latest version 7.5.4. I really like it especially the upgrade on the Controller. No problems yet.

What's upgraded on the Controller? I hardly ever use it since I have the SB app on my phone, but am curious about the differences.

Yesfan70 said:
mzpro5 said:

What's upgraded on the Controller? I hardly ever use it since I have the SB app on my phone, but am curious about the differences.

The version I had on the Controller was so old it is hard to make a comparison if you have a newer version. A lot is cosmetic nicer colors larger letters (for these old eyes) and some of the options were not available on the old version I had.

I was running 7.3 (on the server version) I think so alot of versions and changes in between then and now you probably already have.

As of yesterday I am now using Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.0 - r33614.

Notice they have now changed the name to "Logitech Media Server" . Isn't that something like the 3rd or 4th name change for the software. Anywho installed the new software and all is rockin' on the northern front!!!

Yeah I just installed 7.7 yesterday. So far no problems. Yeah mostly a name change, everything still looks and operates the same as far as I can tell. I guess the name change is because they have added images and videos to what's shared... although how that's relevant for a squeezebox, I don't know - guess you need the touch or something for this to be at all useful?

FYI I did have to rescan my library from scratch after the update, guess the db isn't 100% compatible - a lot of my album art was missing before the rescan. Shows up fine now though.

Back