• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What was your first record/tape/cd?

-B-

The 8track made me think of this. I tried remembering each media type, but can only remember the very 1st and my first hands on the other mediums.

Kiss, Love Gun and Double Platinum on vinyl. I still have them. I used to play them on a little all in one record player....I'm inclined to remember it being a Fisher Price, but I was too young to remember.

My first hands on a cassette was Def Leppard's Pyromania. My brother got it and a cassette player/recorder for his birthday. My first cassette was probably Mötley Crüe.

First hands on a CD was The Doors greatest hits. My pop got a cd player for Christmas, I think it was a Fisher. I kind of remembering my first CD being Smashing Pumpkins "Gish", but I can't remember for certain.

First music download was Radiohead's pay what you want for "In Rainbows". I remember not paying anything because I knew I'd buy the CD.

I never purchased a pre-recorded cassette and I never owned an 8-track at all.

My first LP was Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull which I purchased in 1978. My second LP was Revolver by the Beatles.

MUDD1302.jpg

My first cassette tape was Michael Jackson's Thriller. I seem to recall getting Paul McCartney's Pipes of Peace at or around the same time. (loved his duo with MJ "Say, Say, Say")

My first record was Led Zepplin IV, which was purchased several years after my mom bought me my first cassette...

I'm fairly certain my first cd was Depeche Mode's Violator. And my first DL was Bush : The Science of Things. I DLd it to replace a cd I misplaced while starting my iTunes library.

^^^^T7 LOL!!!! ^^^^

Metallica - Master Of Puppets cassetteback when I was still living in the old country.
My first ever CD purchase was Metallica- ..And Justice For All. This was in 1998 the year I moved to the US.

My dad had a big record collection that I listened to when I was small, mostly classical. I think the first ones I really got (or had my parents get anyway) for myself were various Abba albums (on cassette), that I got around ~1980 (I was ten). :oops: Journey's Escape was also one of the very early ones, but I see that didn't come out till '81.

Elton_John_-_Caribou.jpg

AND

Bachman-Turner_Overdrive_-_Not_Fragile.jpg

I played these on my Zenith amplified turntable with 2 detached speakers!!

I never purchased any Cassetes, however I taped a lot of albums and had a large Cassete collection..............I still have most of them.

My first CD, I think was Heart Passion Works!!

Passionworks.jpg

ee38e03ae7a099b600020210.jpg

41rSUtR1ROL.jpg

These are the first two albums that I bought for myself.

I rode my woolly mammoth to the record cave to get them.

(actually it was 1964)

First album was Naturally, Three Dog Night (unless I have to count that Partridge Family album) :oops:
Never bought a commercial cassette, and only one 8-track, Zappa's Studio Tan.
I distinctly remember buying my first CD player, rushing home with it, hooking it up... and then grabbing my car keys to go buy a CD or two... :doh: I got Yes' 90210 and Joe Jackson's Steppin' Out. :handgestures-thumbup:
I still have never downloaded a song.

Botch said:
First album was Naturally, Three Dog Night (unless I have to count that Partridge Family album) :oops:
Never bought a commercial cassette, and only one 8-track, Zappa's Studio Tan.
I distinctly remember buying my first CD player, rushing home with it, hooking it up... and then grabbing my car keys to go buy a CD or two... :doh: I got Yes' 90210 and Joe Jackson's Steppin' Out. :handgestures-thumbup:
I still have never downloaded a song.

When I got my first brand new car, a 1976 Mustang Mach I, I had what was at the time a high end audio system with a cassette deck installed and bought a few pre-recorded cassettes including the Eagles Greatest Hits, Wish You Were Here, and Queens Night at the Opera.

This is pretty much what the car looked like, same color.

passengerside-1.jpg

You know how many brain cells I've killed in that time? Too many to try and remember my first anything. Not sure if it was the first cassette bought, but Bon Jovi's slippery when wet was one of the first owned. CD would probably be Chumbawamba or Dan Folgelberg's greatest hits.

Huey said:
"You know how many brain cells I've killed in that time? Too many to try and remember my first anything. Not sure if . . . "
:happy-smileygiantred:

I think . . . . 1st casssette - Bob Marley's 'Uprising'
, , 1st cd - Stevie Ray Vaughan's 'Couldn't Stand The Weather'

. . . :think:

I'm pretty sure the first CD I owned - as opposed to just borrowed/stole from my parents - was a disc of choruses from Handel's Messiah by the Mormon Tabernacle choir, that I got (appropriately) for Christmas one year, probably around 1987-ish.

First LP: Grease Soundtrack

First cassette tape: Beach Boys Greatest Hits

First CD: Blues Brothers Soundtrack (still have it)

First LP: KISS- Double Platinum. I was 7 it was 1977. (still have it)

Second was Michael Jackson- Off the Wall.(still have it)

don't remember cassette, never owned an 8track.

First CD was Metallica- Master of Puppets around 1986. (still have it!)

D

Back