• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Which Bluray player?

Towen7 said:
Out of curiosity... What was it in the reviews that pushed you to the LG? I may be in the market for a player for a spare room soon.

i know i wasnt in the mix here, but i just think that its matter of ruling out the competition,

sonys are good but remember contrast troubles and support is limited
samsung has network problems and has a poor reputation of living up to its display qualities,
LG has hardware issues, get a lemon return it, get a good one, stick with it.

i like LG's because it fits MY needs as well, since it plays all avi mpeg divx files, which my f*cking panasonic cant do sh*t with.

i wasnt sure, but maybe i shouldve offered yesfan my panny bdt-310 trade with the LG620...

hope this helps towen.

Towen7 said:
Out of curiosity... What was it in the reviews that pushed you to the LG? I may be in the market for a player for a spare room soon.

The two Sammys I was looking at averaged 2.5-3 stars.

Seems some of the Sammy's poorer ratings stem from their Smarthub technology and glitches with firmware updates. One poster mentioned his player was constantly updating every time he used it. My PS3 was doing the same thing, so after looking at the other Samsung player (thinking it was mainly a model # issue), and saw similar, I looked at the LG I bought and saw it fared better.

link to the BD-E5700

link to the BD-D5500

The bad reviews I saw for the LG I ordered seemed to be more about no WiFi and no remote codes. I had my PS3 hard wired and I don't care about remote codes since Bluray and Dish are the only two sources I use in the living room. Seems most of the bad reviews for the LG are more consumer ignorance than actual problems, so I decided to give LG a go.

Good call. Let us know how it works out!

Congrats BTW on having the points to spend. If your program is like mine those points are awarded for performance.

Keep us posted on that unit. Although I have some Sony gear & haven't had any issues (knock on wood)....I still have reservations about their stuff, along with Pioneer & Onkyo.

I will post my thoughts on the player after I get it in and hooked up.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Back