• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Who Uses a Horizontal MTM Center Speaker

Flint said:
I love you, Jeff.

You need 6 more of those speaker to become a god!

Trust me. I, more than anyone in existence, would be most surprised if this were ever to happen!

Jeff

I have a Klipsch KV-3 center upstairs and a Paradigm Studio Center downstairs because that is what works in my applications and i got pretty good deals on both of them.

Rope said:
Is MattB going to be pissed off when he see's Jeff setup, or what?

Rope

Too late! I've kept Matt and a few others posted on what I've been up to. In response to my letting them know that my wife's reaction upon seeing the latest incarnation of that room was "What the heck am I going to do with all of that if you die!," Matt called dibs on the whole system - however Razz was faster on the draw and had already called dibs on the SVS PB13 Ultra. Matt did go on to say he was really not wishing that outcome on me, but was merely trying to be helpful to my wife in the unlikely event thereof. I have since taken to looking over my shoulder more frequently than usual.

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
Rope said:
Is MattB going to be pissed off when he see's Jeff setup, or what?

Rope

Too late! I've kept Matt and a few others posted on what I've been up to. In response to my letting them know that my wife's reaction upon seeing the latest incarnation of that room was "What the heck am I going to do with all of that if you die!," Matt called dibs on the whole system - however Razz was faster on the draw and had already called dibs on the SVS PB13 Ultra. Matt did go on to say he was really not wishing that outcome on me, but was merely trying to be helpful to my wife in the unlikely event thereof. I have since taken to looking over my shoulder more frequently than usual.

Jeff
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :?

I used to have 7 Axiom M3's in a 7.1 setup. I was not happy especially with the M3 as centre. I also didn't think they were all that great in 2 channel. I went out and bought PSB Platinum M2's for 2 channel and a big ass PSB Platinum C5 for the centre channel. I am much happier with this arrangement. I still use the other Axioms as surrounds and they fill that role fine. Upstairs I have a dedicated cc370 for centre duties with Monitor 7's for LR and minis for surround.
Long story short, I use dedicated centres in both systems!!! :D
Mike
PS: I have tin ears!!! :happy-smileygiantred:

What's funny is Jeff tells the truth, Razz really did call dibs on the SVS and I get Jeffs wife and system......only time will tell which one sounds better over time. :angelic-green:

To answer the original question I have tried my MTM center both ways and couldn't hear any difference but I always sit in the main center position.

Oh and Jeff glad to see you posting buddy.

Thank you Soundhound, I thought I was alone on this issue.

Making a movie sound great is so very easy, making music sound right is a whole different story. Worry about that front sound stage first if your a music guy, movies will be just fine. Phantom for me in the future.

Back