• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Whole Lotta' Cash:Will Led Zeppelin Re-Form For $800 Million

Trudge

When Sir Richard Branson offered the living members of Led Zeppelin as much as $800 million to reform the band for one last tour, three signed on immediately.

The money was to be split three ways between guitarist Jimmy Page, 70, bassist John Paul Jones, 68, and lead singer Robert Plant, 66. Jason Bonham, 48, son of late drummer John, would have gotten a smaller cut.

UK paper the Mirror quoted a source as saying: "Jimmy, John and Jason signed up immediately."

But in front of a group of promoters, Plant ripped up the contract and walked away.

Said the Mirror:

It was a no-brainer for them but Robert asked for 48 hours to think about it. When he said no and ripped up the paperwork he had been given, there was an enormous sense of shock. There is no way they can go ahead without him.

Branson had hoped to sign up the legendary rock band for 35 dates in three cities, London, Berlin, and somewhere in New Jersey. He was going rename one of his Jumbo jets "The Starship" to fly the group to the venues -- and even sell seats in the back rows for fans willing to pay $100,000 to ride along.

The band was going to make $150,000 from merchandise alone and had the option of doing 45 more shows in five more cities, which would have brought in even more than the original deal.

Wrote the Mirror:

The source added: 'Branson tried to pull out all of the stops. But even his money was not enough to get Plant to sign up. He is gutted.'

Plant has previously said: 'I have to be in some brand new zones quite regularly... It’s an insane thing to do, to go back.'

Formed in 1966, Led Zeppelin have sold more than 300 million albums. Their last performance was a one night only gig at London’s O2 on December 10, 2007.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ns-4595788

I saw them in 1972, very good, about the best that I've seen.

Re: Whole Lotta' Cash:Will Led Zeppelin Re-Form For $800 Mil

I saw them on the Page & Plant No Quarter tour in '95. Incredible show, Kashmir finale.

Kudos to Plant.

Mr. Branson's been crashing a lot lately.... :laughing:

Plant's holdin' out for a cool billion.

Rope

Botch said:
Kudos to Plant.

Mr. Branson's been crashing a lot lately.... :laughing:

Rope said:
Plant's holdin' out for a cool billion.

Rope

Well, it has to be one of the two. I'm kinda glad to be honest they are not reforming as it would give me the indication it's only about the money and not the music. Then again, Rope's comment makes me think Plant might do it for the right price and 800 mil wasn't the right price.

The story was bogus to begin with. This never happened.

Back