1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless subwoofer kit

Discussion in 'Configuration & Setup' started by bmwuk, Jan 28, 2018.

1. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Are these good to use? Might be an option if I wanted my subwoofer in another part of the room?

2. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

I believe some folk on our forum use wireless audio adapters. I have no experience with them.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

I think @CMonster has used one. I can’t speak to the performance.

4. rammisframmis

rammisframmis Well-Known Member

Should work for low frequencies, however pay attention to the low frequency extension specification. On some cheaper stuff, I've seen not so great LF extension for some reason. Latency could also be an issue, so see if they spec that, although at low frequencies you would need a lot of latency to make a significant phase difference.

5. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I have the version sold by Outlaw Audio, the same one CMonster had and it works really well.
    I’ve used it in a couple of different ways.

I initially used it to send two channel audio from the preouts in my living room to the receiver on the back patio. It worked amazingly well.

In the current setup it’s used to feed signal to my sub wirelessly. The transmitter and receivers are pretty close to one another and again, no problems.

bmwuk likes this.
  6. Towen7

I should clarify ...

I have the Outlaw OAW4

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/OAW4.html

Specifications:
    RF band: 2.4GHz
    Operating Frequency Range: 10 Hz - 20kHz
    SNR: 93dB
    Wireless Range Up To: 70ft (130ft w/Line of Sight)
    Included in System: OAW4-Tx (transmitter), OAW4-Rx (receiver), 2x USB AC Power Adapters, 2x 1/8" Stereo - Stereo RCA Cables, 2x Stereo RCA Cables, 2x USB to Micro - USB Cables, 2x Antennas, 1 Folded OAW4 Owner's Manual
    Dimensions (H/W/D): 3.875" (w/ Antenna) x 3.75" x 4"
    Weight (ea): 3.5oz.
    Warranty: 2 years (parts/labor)

7. lakedmb

lakedmb Well-Known Member

My dad has the same Outlaw model and loves it.

8. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

How is the wireless model 3 from outlaw I see it's $69 versus the 119

9. Towen7

The OAW transmitter is no longer available. The $69 price is for a single receiver for people that already have a transmitter.

10. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

So what is available now? The version four you talk about

11. Towen7

The version 4 is all that’s available from Outlaw with a transmitter and receiver at the moment. There are other similar systems on Amazon and such. Many are less expensive. I just don’t have any experience with them.

bmwuk likes this.
  12. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

Parts express has some.

bmwuk likes this.
  13. Dentman

Dentman Well-Known Member

Parts express was running a special on one of them.