1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Woo Audio WA6

Discussion in 'Headphones & Amps' started by Zing, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

Finally! FINALLY! I got my shipment notification. :eusa-clap:

2. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

:banana-gotpics: YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Where's it ship from?

Rope

3. Zing

They're built in New York so it shouldn't take more than a day to arrive. But if I read that email correctly, it's shipping tomorrow. Which means it's going to sit in some stupid ass UPS terminal all weekend and I won't see it until Monday. :angry-banghead:

4. Rope

If you're in Tittsburgh and Woo ships tonight, it maybe their tomorrow.

Rope

5. Zing

I'm 3 hours north. And I think it's not actually shipping until tomorrow. I'm guessing they have it boxed, labeled (with tracking number) and waiting for the shipper to be notified of the request so they can pick it up.

6. GreatDane

GreatDane Well-Known Member

It'll go to Chicago first, then Kentucky than head North...isn't that how they normally work it.

Are you going to tube roll?

7. Zing

Dammit! I hate it when I'm right! :angry-cussingblack:

It just got picked up. They don't even have an estimated delivery date yet. So by the time I get my hands on this thing, I will have waited FIVE weeks! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: This thing better be impressive or it's going back.

Tube roll? Is that some kind of pastry?

8. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

Nah, that's the quick and cheap process by which the owner of a tube amp selects, purchases, and compares multiple different tubes/brands for each type of tube in the amp.

9. Zing

Cheap? I see upgrade tubes going for $150-$400. I guess I just assumed that was like spending $400 on an upgraded power cable.

I'm not expecting miracles with this thing. As I recently told Flint, I'll be happy if I hear a difference. I'll be ecstatic if I hear an improvement. If I don't hear either, it's going back.

10. Aaron German

Aaron German Active Member

You can't send it back until you have tried at least 5 different tube combinations. I think you agreed to that when you clicked the check mark on the buyer's agreement.

11. Rope

I'm not absolutely positive, but I think tube rolling has something to do with the tube manufactures rolling you over and taking all your geeza. :scared-yipes:

Rope

12. GreatDane

compared to what amp?

13. Zing

Compared to using the headphone connection on my Integra processor.

14. Zing

Five friggin weeks of anticipation...

"Details Aug 31, 2010 7:09 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

15. Zing

Ding Dong! FedEx calling! :eusa-clap:

Damn! This thing is a TANK! Who knew 13 lbs was so heavy? I can't wait to fire this bad boy up! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Zing

17. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

Whoa! That thing sure is purtty. :eusa-whistle:

18. GreatDane

Beautiful!

19. Zing

20. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

If nothing else, it photographs well.

Did you buy a shallow super-model or a genius sounding audio device?