• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Woo Audio WA6

:banana-gotpics: YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Where's it ship from?

Rope

They're built in New York so it shouldn't take more than a day to arrive. But if I read that email correctly, it's shipping tomorrow. Which means it's going to sit in some stupid ass UPS terminal all weekend and I won't see it until Monday. :angry-banghead:

If you're in Tittsburgh and Woo ships tonight, it maybe their tomorrow.

Rope

I'm 3 hours north. And I think it's not actually shipping until tomorrow. I'm guessing they have it boxed, labeled (with tracking number) and waiting for the shipper to be notified of the request so they can pick it up.

It'll go to Chicago first, then Kentucky than head North...isn't that how they normally work it.

Are you going to tube roll?

Dammit! I hate it when I'm right! :angry-cussingblack:

It just got picked up. They don't even have an estimated delivery date yet. So by the time I get my hands on this thing, I will have waited FIVE weeks! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: This thing better be impressive or it's going back.

Tube roll? Is that some kind of pastry?

Zing said:
Tube roll? Is that some kind of pastry?

Nah, that's the quick and cheap process by which the owner of a tube amp selects, purchases, and compares multiple different tubes/brands for each type of tube in the amp.

Cheap? I see upgrade tubes going for $150-$400. I guess I just assumed that was like spending $400 on an upgraded power cable.

I'm not expecting miracles with this thing. As I recently told Flint, I'll be happy if I hear a difference. I'll be ecstatic if I hear an improvement. If I don't hear either, it's going back.

You can't send it back until you have tried at least 5 different tube combinations. I think you agreed to that when you clicked the check mark on the buyer's agreement.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I think tube rolling has something to do with the tube manufactures rolling you over and taking all your geeza. :scared-yipes:

Rope

Zing said:
Cheap? I see upgrade tubes going for $150-$400. I guess I just assumed that was like spending $400 on an upgraded power cable.

I'm not expecting miracles with this thing. As I recently told Flint, I'll be happy if I hear a difference. I'll be ecstatic if I hear an improvement. If I don't hear either, it's going back.

compared to what amp?

Five friggin weeks of anticipation...

"Details Aug 31, 2010 7:09 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

Ding Dong! FedEx calling! :eusa-clap:

Damn! This thing is a TANK! Who knew 13 lbs was so heavy? I can't wait to fire this bad boy up! :D

006.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

If nothing else, it photographs well.

Did you buy a shallow super-model or a genius sounding audio device?

Back