• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

xbox series x and game pass help

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
im tired of waiting for a ps5 to come back in stock, but im excited to just play god of war on ps4. november 2022 btw.

so, i am tho interested in getting a xbox series x.

i have a xbox one, and tried to play with it.

1. is there a significant upgrade from the xbox one?
2. do i want the xbox s series instead? i dont have man games that are disc based.
3. game pass - worth it?
4. do pc games also work on this?

im still on the fence to get this.

1. Yes, in my opinion
2. No, I think you want the Series X
3. YES for me
4. Not sure.

Big caveat, I received my Xbox Series X as a gift, so I didn't have to shell out any cash for this.

4. Kind of - there three flavors of game pass; console $10/mo, PC $10/mo, and Gold (which includes both console and PC titles) $15/mo. Some games that are available for the console may not be playable on PC and vice-versa

4. Kind of - there three flavors of game pass; console $10/mo, PC $10/mo, and Gold (which includes both console and PC titles) $15/mo. Some games that are available for the console may not be playable on PC and vice-versa
thanks for the deets andy and towen.

i plan on getting the ultimate pass, which also includes EA games and hopefully pc games. i have no idea what pc games i want to play, but i think im just shooting in the wind here.

im going to try ultimate pass first (i THINK i can do it on an xbox one), and see how the library is.

but im definitely leaning to get the series x due to cost. 1TB is small already given the 1st tier games nowadays sizes and the flippin patches they come up with.

honestly? i only want to play fallout 3, NV, and i think army of two.

funny, these category games are also available on PS4, but i think im just needing a new 'toy'.

i was also planning to get a switch oled, but the catalogue games and the selection is mostly towards a different customer base.

GPU prices have returned to normal. Have you considered a higher end gaming PC?

GPU prices have returned to normal. Have you considered a higher end gaming PC?
thanks for the idea. the main problem i have tho, and this is of course mostly hearsay and stupid internet information.

1. you cant get a decent gaming pc for less than 500. heck even a desktop dont do shit at that price point
2. with my 2 kids, 5 and 2, i wont have that amount of flexibility with sitting down like i used to, and enjoy 4 hours of gaming every night. (yes, fallout 3 took a good 400 hours out of my life, and this was prior to having a relationship. dogmeat was my girlfriend.)
3. i like the idea of paying more for xbox ultimate, and trying to see how i can play steaming on an android phone or if im lucky my s7plus tablet.

there are faily a few games i just really care about, mostly fallout and probably state of decay. so lag isnt much of my concern.

thanks again for that idea towen. man what id give to get me a good gaming pc, heck even desktop.

in a way this is also why i am so in love with hulu right now. i cant watch a movie thats 2 hours long, but can and love watching tv series now, that are an hour or less each. i get my 'downtime' and still get my entertainment. netflix, sure is a great giant, but i like the older shows that hulu (even with the ads), has to offer.

so, got the ultimate game pass, I LOVE IT.

its not that many games, but the fact that you can just download and play it on your console for that price point, is amazing.

i only had it for a day so i cant say much, BUT...

1. i downloaded the app on phone, and it let me 'play' in the cloud
2. i still have to figure out how to link or install it, it kept saying i have to link it somehow
3. i bought a new controller just for mobile gaming, looking forward to it.

my kids are super happy with it. minecraft and minecraft dungeon, paw patrol etc.

i had to do some rewiring at the living room and have it connect to tv directly. makes it easier.

am i still getting a series x or s? i dunno yet. i still have 1TB in the xbox one, and man i am loving it.

the only reason im keeping my ps4 afloat for a while is for the exclusives and/or god of war ragnarok which i will buy in november.

Glad you’re liking it. Game Pass is a big equalizer in the console war.

Did you ever get a PS5?

Glad you’re liking it. Game Pass is a big equalizer in the console war.

Did you ever get a PS5?
i wish, but nope. never did get one. would i get one if available? sure, but with the goddamn way the world is working nowadays, highly unlikely.

its a shame since ive got a decent digital library already vested in the playstation ecosystem.

but like you said, the game pass thing is a great equalizer and/or huge benefit for ME. given the fact that
1. i dont game as much as i used to due to my kids and time
2. i dont plan on buying physical copies as much
3. game 1 day releases are a huge huge thing if they can do it on game pass. COD is a good example. will it happen? i doubt it, but if it does its a cherry on top.

sidenote: i see the attraction of flight simulator - but my goddamn set ups shit - a flippin game controller. i bet there are people out there who have a goddamn cockpit in their house.

i also will try forza for the first time. i have been a gran turismo player for a while, but need for speed ruined it for me.

im still trying to figure out if i want x or s. :(

i like the s for its portability, but why would i want to lug it around with 2 kids?

i dont like the storage capacity.

but i do like the 300 price tag. problem is, id have to buy more storage..... and that can go up to the same price as the X

the x problem is stock availability.

as of now, the target close to my home has 1. ONE.

i am enjoying the xbox one tho nowadays. played state of decay 2 until 4am. crazy.

sooo.........we just got home from our disneyland trip (i will rant about shit later).... played until 130 again last night. i am at work.

i finally got one yesterday.

guess which one?

instead of just hunting down best buy all this time, i never thought in a million years that target has it.

1 in stock.

boom. ordered, bought it.

got the xbox series X.,

my mindset?

series s wouldve been great. but i wouldve been regretting it from day one. its going to be great for portability.

the memory isnt enough enough for what i wanted it, 380g's isnt enough. i wouldve wanted the 4k experience compared to 1440p, i wouldve whined and moaned about it later.

Buy noice or buy twice.

first reactions?

my son did the unboxing.

sorry, im at work so im trying to do this while i have a bit of downtime.

its definitely pretty.

i didnt get to play any high end games on it, but it does look sharper, cleaner lines. im playing on a smaller tv until i set it up in the living room.

initial thoughts are the internet via wifi is pretty good!

controller tho, so much better than the xbox one version. its smaller, so for asian hands it just works. :D

lastly, its very quiet.

i plan on enjoying this for a long time. after god of war 2, i think im going to be fully vested moving forward on the xbox ecosystem. will i rebuy games? probably not, but im going to get some on sale, including the division2 and ghost recon brokepoint.

i am so tempted to buy red dead redemption 2, but im so vested (and cheated with a shitload of money), in my ps4 version, i dont know if i can do it all again on the xbox.

plus, i dont have the same amount of time i used to back then.

but man, just imagining on the prairie just watching grass grow.

thanks guy again for the advice, i really appreciated it. in full confidence, i think game pass is a great investment, clearly something playstation shouldve done years ago and refine it.

sure, i dont get to keep it if i stop my subscription, but at 15 bucks a month its a hard deal to pass.

lastly, they confirmed they will have a family game pass, which is around 25 bucks a month for FOUR people. sounds expensive if you pay by yourself, amounting to 25 cents a day compared to 20 cents a day (i think based on an article i read)

but if you get a group of 4 players, this is a steal.

set up the xbox series x in the living room, my tv a 900h can handle 4k@120hz, so it was definitely a good pairing.

i was planning on getting the xbox series s for the bedroom.

the xbox one X had 1 TB, but it took forever to load up stuff (yes once you become spoiled with the series x its difficult), but hey, i play when my kids are asleep.

i bought another xbox series X. they didnt have the S in stock, but saw and immediately bought it.

cash.

im still trying to figure out a reason to tell my wife.

Back