• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Your Dream Speakers

I know, just amazing sound. I still remember what I was listening to - a bunch of Accuphase electronics matched with the C1s in an audio store in Maryland. We were listening to "Just Workin' It" by Mark Knopfler. I wished I would have just bitten the bullet and gotten them but I had to stop somwhere. They are more like, for me at least, a "realistic" dream speaker. I am seriously considering getting a pair if I can sell my Contour S3.4s (not for sale yet). Don't get me wrong, I love my 3.4s but the space I am going into is a little tighter and a tower would get in the way more.

Wow. I don't know. I absolutely love my s3.4's and have no desire at all to upgrade.

I think if money were no issue, I'd keep my setup and travel the world like Razz. :happy-smileygiantred:

Mine would have to be Altec/Soundhound's home theater setup. Such clarity and soooo dynamic.

Attachments

• SoundHound System.jpg
    SoundHound System.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,056
lakedmb said:
Mine would have to be Altec/Soundhound's home theater setup. Such clarity and soooo dynamic.

Yeah, I can see some of you circling like vultures at the estate sale after I die. :eek:

PS: :text-welcomeconfetti:

soundhound said:
Yeah, I can see some of you circling like vultures at the estate sale after I die. :eek:
Estate sale? After you die?? SCREW THAT! I'm plotting your location on Google Maps right now! :teasing-tease:

And Lake...

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-+1:

Linn-Akurate-242-floor-standing-speaker.jpg

I'm not sure if these were the exact model, but the best speakers I've heard were some Linn's, IIRC $12,000 each. The salon was powering them with McIntosh tube amps that had almost as much volume as the speakers (they were actually similar to the Monitor Audios I ended up with).

Very, Very Nice, and like cars you should never test-drive anything you can't afford... :cry:

Eggelston Andras, heard a pair a while back and was hooked. WAY out if my price range though so the Madisound MTMs I have are perfect!

soundhound said:

While I can see others circling like sharks contemplating expediting the process.

John

Flint speakers would be cool too, if he would only stop plugging the ports with bottles of used single malt scotch.

I don’t recall if/what I may have posted that my dream speakers were at the time but ...

As of today I want:

Home Theater:
KEF Ci5160REF In-wall main speakers, similar surrounds in an Atmos configuration, and a custom built/tuned IB subwoofer

Office: (2 channel)
Dynaudio C2

Living Room and other rooms with a TV
Goldenear Invisa

Back