1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Your Dream Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Zing, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

Assuming money is no object, what speakers would you buy and why?

2. Snowman_

Snowman_ Active Member

Klipschorn or La Scala for me.

Damn you Dennie. :eusa-clap:

3. Orbison

Orbison Well-Known Member

Bose. Then my existing speakers would sound fantastic by comparison.

4. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

I'd still build my own.

5. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

It's be a horse race between these three speakers, although, I favor the time aligned models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rope

6. Aaron German

Aaron German Active Member

Given how much I like my Heresies, I'd like to try the more expensive Klipsch speakers. But, if money were no object, I'd like to try a bunch of different speakers.

7. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

If you like the Heresies, you'd love the Klipsch Korner Horns, or if the room isn't suited for the K-Horns, then the La Scalas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rope

8. Zing

I don't know that I'd actually buy them since I haven't heard them but, since money's no object, I think I'd order an in-home demonstration of three speakers:

The Focal Utopias

[​IMG]

and the Revel Ultima Salons

[​IMG]

and the Grand Utopia III

[​IMG]

Or maybe I'd just have Flint build me a pair. :handgestures-thumbup:

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Goddamnit Zing!! You stole my thunder...Based only on looks because I KNOW they sound good the Grande Utopia III EMs

[​IMG]

10. Zing

Not quite. I didn't even know those speakers existed. But I'm stealing them now. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

11. MatthewB

MatthewB Grandmaster Pimp Daddy Famous

I'm gonna have to go with the Wilson Alexandria, I am one of the precious few who has had the chance to demo these at a very prominent Cardiologists house whom I work with. The fact that these are imposing to begin with, but once you sit in the main chair and kick back, you are taken to a level of audio that pretty much is the sound of angels singing if you could hear them.

BTW this is a stock photo and not the pair I heard. His are a rosewood mahogony colored pair
    [​IMG]

12. Tee

Tee Active Member

Dayum Zing you stole my thunder too!

[​IMG]

Matt,

:text-imsorry: Those Wilson's sound like shit boxes......just saying..........IMO.

13. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

The man speaks the truth!

14. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

If I had the space and money, Dynaudio Evidence.

It's a toss up between,

Klispchorns or LaScalas (I miss my KG5.5 towers)
    Dynaudio Confidence towers
    Legacy Audio Whispers
    Paradigm Signature S8 towers

I have not heard any of these speakers, but if they sound as good as they look I'd be more than happy with them.

15. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

Yesfan, more often than not when you post, I remember why I like you. I have been a K-Horn fan since I was a teenager. A story for another time, but one of my fondest audio memories.

And, if I had the money I would still have to take a serious look at these babies.

[​IMG]

or these

[​IMG]

The Mid Range of the Whisper's is possibly the best I have ever heard.

16. Yesfan70

Randy,

I remember this guy in Memphis that had his gear reviewed in Stereo Review's final days (I miss those types of articles in SR). I've lost the mag, but remember he had Whispers upfront, a matching center speaker (model name escapes me) and Focuses in the back as surrounds and a 27" TV (might have been one of the first HDTVs, don't know). All of them driven by Legacy Audio amps. He had the Kevlar drivers died a dark green too, which really went well with the Legacy's woodwork. I don't remember the other components in his rig, but I know he had about $50,000 in his setup. That setup, along with all the music memorabilia on the walls, is still one of the best looking setups I've ever seen.

I wish I could still find that mag. I got rid of all my magazines, but thought I had held on to that one. Wonder if the article is in the S&V archives somewhere?

17. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

Ah another Legacy fan. Count me in. +1

18. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

I know this is bad because I've never actually heard them, but they look so dam cool!!!!!!!!!

Magico M5
    [​IMG]

19. goaliechris

goaliechris Active Member

If money was no object I would have these in every room of my house. Rip out the old cheap ceiling speakers in the kitchen, bathroom, wherever and just have a bunch of these around. I might even have a few waiting for me to make up a space to put them in.

Attached Files:

20. Yesfan70

Even paired with a "lowly" $200 Berhinger amp, those are still the best pair of speakers I've heard (besides the Contour towers a few years back).