• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

YouTube and "free" viewing is changing of late

Any videos I put on Facebook will be adverts for my business. Maybe they'll be informative or entertaining, but the videos themselves are intended to draw potential customers to reach out to my business. I'll also use Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other platforms to engage with possible clients. I dont need to watch videos. I just want those who do, targeted as potential customers, to watch mine my FB videos won't have ads because they are ads.

The Hollywood Reporter is saying that YouTube is backing way off on original scripted content and is instead focusing on free live streams and other free content. Apparently they were not seen as a viable subscription service when Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu were doing so well.

So, they are cutting back on their own content, reducing the push for paid subscriptions, and increasing the dependence on ad-funded content.

The Hollywood Reporter is saying that YouTube is backing way off on original scripted content and is instead focusing on free live streams and other free content. Apparently they were not seen as a viable subscription service when Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu were doing so well.

So, they are cutting back on their own content, reducing the push for paid subscriptions, and increasing the dependence on ad-funded content.

It would not surprise me if they found that the people who are paying for YouTube Premium/Red subscriptions are not watching their original programming anyway.

I feel like this is getting worse every month. There have been many times that an ad starts without allowing me to skip ahead after a few second and I’ll just decide to close the window and forget about the video.

Damn... starting last week I started seeing multiple ads running back to back on my YouTube videos. To make matters worse, the ads you cannot skip after 5 seconds are getting longer. Initially they were 5 to 10 seconds long, but now I am seeing 20 to 30 second non-skippable ads. This morning I clicked a link to see a speech that occurred over the weekend at SXSW and before the video started there were two forced ads of 45 seconds total, and a skippable ad after that - so I had to watch 50 seconds of ads before I got to see the video posted by the hosts of SXSW.

I find that truly annoying.

Damn... starting last week I started seeing multiple ads running back to back on my YouTube videos. To make matters worse, the ads you cannot skip after 5 seconds are getting longer. Initially they were 5 to 10 seconds long, but now I am seeing 20 to 30 second non-skippable ads. This morning I clicked a link to see a speech that occurred over the weekend at SXSW and before the video started there were two forced ads of 45 seconds total, and a skippable ad after that - so I had to watch 50 seconds of ads before I got to see the video posted by the hosts of SXSW.

I find that truly annoying.

I’ve noticed the same things.
It seems slightly better on the channels I’ve subscribed to but I’m not sure.

Back