• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Saldog / Renate New House in OKC

Wasn't sure where to put this question, so it's going here:

I need a solution to be able to extend the TV's sound into the kitchen... I have my Yamaha receiver powering a 5.1 system in the living room, but the kitchen (open to the LR as you can see) needs more audio. I can't run wires (at least not very easily). Is there a way to utilize a Bluetooth speaker or some other wireless speaker system to get sound in the kitchen? My receiver has preamp outputs, so i can feed some kind of transmitter off that and just duplicate the front channels (or just the center if it's a mono speaker). Any suggestions? From receiver to the speaker(s)' location would have decent line-of-site, and be maybe 40' away.

Wasn't sure where to put this question, so it's going here:

I need a solution to be able to extend the TV's sound into the kitchen... I have my Yamaha receiver powering a 5.1 system in the living room, but the kitchen (open to the LR as you can see) needs more audio. I can't run wires (at least not very easily). Is there a way to utilize a Bluetooth speaker or some other wireless speaker system to get sound in the kitchen? My receiver has preamp outputs, so i can feed some kind of transmitter off that and just duplicate the front channels (or just the center if it's a mono speaker). Any suggestions? From receiver to the speaker(s)' location would have decent line-of-site, and be maybe 40' away.

I have an Outlaw wireless system I'm no longer using that I'd let go really cheap. You'd just need to connect it to an amp or powered speaker(s) in the kitchen.

Haywood, that was my first thought, but i've heard the delay is really bad with BT, so it might create weird echoing. Yes, Sonos would work, but that seemed really expensive for me to just use its basic functionality. Heos i could never figure out exactly what i'd need to buy. Chuck, i'll PM you; seems worth a shot! Thanks guys.

Oh I don't know...

A couple lengths of 12 AWG copper running across the floor through the house could add a little je ne sais quoi to the new place Mike.

Never compromise on sound quality!

:)

Jeff

Holy Shit. Nice digs Mike.

I may have missed this, but any plans to do a dedicated room in the future? Looks like you should have room.

What source are you wanting to share?
ChromeCast devices, I believe, now offers the ability to synchronize sound.

Most important is the tv content itself, as we want to be able to hear the news etc on the tv better while prepping dinner. Extending music is a nice bonus.

In that case I think the solution offered by Chuck is going to be the answer.

Well, took a little road trip to Plano/Frisco this weekend to hit Ikea and Frys. Scored a new Denon X3300W for $499 OTD. Frys does crazy sales on those Denons once in awhile. So now i can pass 4k from the FireTV and the XB1. Last upgrade for the living room will be to get 3 new speakers across the front to replace those little Polks. Not sure what i want to get yet, but would like to stay in the ~$1k total for the L/C/R.

As I mentioned in Cmonster's thread, I bought 3 pairs of bookshelf speakers to try out in the main family room.

HTD Level 3 (ribbon tweeter)
34208881870_71c9ba3b1d_c.jpg

33751754444_a6b45e8e1c_c.jpg

HSU Research HB-1mk2 (horn)
33751747934_1094930da2_c.jpg

KEF Q100 (dome)
33751756954_d321e49fce_c.jpg

While i liked the looks of the HTDs the best, i liked their sound the least, so i sent those back. The HSUs i liked, but can get a little piercing in the highs. They are very easy to drive, and seem to fill the large family room/kitchen area best. The KEFs i liked the most for listening to music, but with the little 5.25" woofers and lower efficiency, they didn't fill the room with sound as well as the HSUs. The KEFs were smoother sounding overall, although I still prefer my old Paradigm Studio 60s to any of them. Since we'll be mostly using this room for TV and movies, we kept the HSUs there, and i bought the matching center. Worth noting: all testing was done with my PowerSoundAudio S3000i handling everything under 100hz.

I got the KEFs for $300 while they were clearing them out making room for their new Q line, so i decided to just keep them for the upstairs loft area. So now there's better sound to do justice to my plasma doing duty up there.

Awesome Upgrade SalDog!

The white KEFs also look the best on the mantle.

I respectfully disagree because of the way they hang off the front. I haven't heard the HSU but I bet they're fantastic.

Back