1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Saldog / Renate New House in OKC

Discussion in 'Show off your system' started by saldog, Oct 12, 2016.

1. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement. Like Zing, because they blend in with the mantle colour wise , me likey!!

2. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

I didn't notice the overhang. My opinion was based solely on how well the speaker blended with the trim.

3. saldog

saldog Active Member

Yeah, the HSUs are much less deep than the other two. If pushed all the way back, the KEF don't have to overhang (maybe the grills would slightly). Moot point, as Renate thought they looked too modern in that room, and preferred the hardwood veneers of the HSUs and the HTDs.

4. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

So, as I was looking I noticed they were all up against the back wall. So are the different models ported or sealed and if ported are thy front ported.

I could easily research this myself but I am buried at work and only get ot devote teenie bits of time to my hobbies. Damnit work has really been getting in the way of my fun!

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Aesthetically I'm in Renate's camp.

6. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

You gotta fix that man.
    Have you ever seen a headstone that said;
    "Here lies XXX.
    Wishes he had done more work and had less fun."?

Me neither

Randy likes this.
  7. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

I know, I get it, I totally get it. I'm working on it. Just a really busy time of year and we have been behind but catching up.

8. saldog

saldog Active Member

I was initially only looking at sealed or front-ported for that reason (both HTD and Kef are front-ported). The HSUs are rear-ported, but they have ~3" behind them, and i haven't noticed any ill effects. Plus i'm crossing over to the sub at 100hz, so that probably helps.

Randy likes this.