• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dayton Audio amps

If you mean the APA150 amp, it is a very decent and capable amp. It has a fan, so there's that, but it does what it does quite well for the money.

I would recommend a true 150 watt amp which can handle low impedances instead if you think you need 150 watts. Bridging mono isn't the best approach. This amp isn't rated to drive a 4 ohm speaker in Mono mode, and while it can handle it at low power, if you really need 150 watts it could be too much for this little amp *notice I keep calling it a little amp).

I bet you can find a decent used amp that can handle your needs for around the same price.

I would recommend a true 150 watt amp which can handle low impedances instead if you think you need 150 watts. Bridging mono isn't the best approach. This amp isn't rated to drive a 4 ohm speaker in Mono mode, and while it can handle it at low power, if you really need 150 watts it could be too much for this little amp *notice I keep calling it a little amp).

I bet you can find a decent used amp that can handle your needs for around the same price.
Thanks, this is why I asked.
I like the price I see on the used Adcoms, like the GFA-555 and the like. Parasound seem to hold their higher price tag.

Yea if it's no trouble for you, that would be awesome. I can pay pal you the cash or bring it in person next week.

Thanks.

If I lived oon Minnesota I wouldn't has access to the deal.
Reason i wished you lived there is maybe you could help us buy the machines we need. The jerk from the company that makes it doesnt want to sell to us anymore which i think is funny becausr we are the victims. And all we are trying to do is buy in a safer way via letter of credit.

Back