• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

30" speaker stands

bmwuk

Need a pair for my rear speakers (Paradigm Mini Monotors). Anyone have experience with some? Trying not to break the bank but need to be stable on carpet.

I bought a pair of these from Amazon. Not sure I would recommend with small children in the house. They don't come with carpet spikes but used some from parts express. Look them up.

VideoSecu 2 Heavy duty PA DJ Club Adjustable Height Satellite Speaker Stand Mount

I bought a pair of these from Amazon. Not sure I would recommend with small children in the house. They don't come with carpet spikes but used some from parts express. Look them up.

VideoSecu 2 Heavy duty PA DJ Club Adjustable Height Satellite Speaker Stand Mount
I have little ones so probably need carpet spikes

A piece of PVC, a couple scrap pieces of wood, threaded rod, a couple of bolts, some sand, and buy some carpet spikes and go the DIY route. Super easy and inexpensive.

I have little ones so probably need carpet spikes
You would have to order spikes like I did for sure. Even still I've sent mine to the floor by bumping into them while vacuuming. They work well only if not touched.

A piece of PVC, a couple scrap pieces of wood, threaded rod, a couple of bolts, some sand, and buy some carpet spikes and go the DIY route. Super easy and inexpensive.
I have a feeling I would mess it up and cost myself way more than just buying

With kids I am very much a fan of wall mounting or very heavy stable stands if you much go with floor stands.

How about wall mounting them with something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Satellite-Sp...d=1516986004&sr=8-8&keywords=speaker+brackets
That's not the ones I use, but I have something similar that was purchased from SVS when I bought my speakers. There are cheaper options as well for lighter speakers.

I bought Omnimounts for my garage because they had such a good reputation and they both broke for seemingly no reason. Hopefully the ones above are better. I like wall mounting and definitely prefer it for many applications.

Years ago when I had kids, a dog and a cat in the house, I used a set of speaker stands that had hollow supports that I filled with lead shot to keep them stable. Worked great! I think I may still have them in storage.

I bought Omnimounts for my garage because they had such a good reputation and they both broke for seemingly no reason. Hopefully the ones above are better. I like wall mounting and definitely prefer it for many applications.
I'm not even sure what make mine are, it was the option that they had at SVS, and they are all still hanging well, like their owner, after 8 years.

Okay so I ordered Flint's suggestion from that the manufacturer because the more I think about it, it is best to get off the floor with kids and for floor space. They were $24.99 and even with $13.99 express shipping (regular was $8.99) my total was $20 cheaper than Amazon.

Okay so I ordered Flint's suggestion from that the manufacturer because the more I think about it, it is best to get off the floor with kids and for floor space. They were $24.99 and even with $13.99 express shipping (regular was $8.99) my total was $20 cheaper than Amazon.

When I purchased them from Amazon they were much, much cheaper.

When I purchased them from Amazon they were much, much cheaper.
No worries. I am saving a ton because any metal heavier duty 30"+ Stand would have cost me $120 to $160. This conversation and mental check has saved me money and future headaches

Back