• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Direct Tv Now.

Just checked.
I'm getting ABC 13
Fox 26
It looks like just those 2 locals.

Funny thing was when I went to the Comcast store today to return my boxes the guy said he could offer me a better deal then I was given over the phone. For $10.00 less a month he threw in xfinity streaming service which I didn't even know existed. You down load the xfinity app called streaming and I get 30 some HD channels streamed in HD, including locals. I havnt tried it yet.
Possibly by end of week @Towen7 @Dentman . I am told my inquiry has stirred up things.

I guess you’ve got more stroke than I do. I left a voice mail and sent emails saying that Ive been holding out because I much, much prefer channel 2 for local news and such ... BUT ... that the idea of cutting the cord was more important and I’d be switching soon one way or the other.

I guess you’ve got more stroke than I do. I left a voice mail and sent emails saying that Ive been holding out because I much, much prefer channel 2 for local news and such ... BUT ... that the idea of cutting the cord was more important and I’d be switching soon one way or the other.
Perhaps. We shall see

Just hooked up the rabbit ears. I'm getting 9 channels including NBC 2 perfectly without touching the antenna once. I'm a happy man!

I just visited a corporate owned AT&T store to add a device to my family plan and the pressure to sign up for DirecTV Now was intense. The person helping me worked hard to get me to sign up. Then another guy walked by and started talking to me about it. Then the manager came over while I was waiting for my agent to return from doing something and tried to sell me. I couldn't believe how hard they worked me.

I just visited a corporate owned AT&T store to add a device to my family plan and the pressure to sign up for DirecTV Now was intense. The person helping me worked hard to get me to sign up. Then another guy walked by and started talking to me about it. Then the manager came over while I was waiting for my agent to return from doing something and tried to sell me. I couldn't believe how hard they worked me.
I wish they had told me about it when I was in there a few months ago. Actually I wish I had been told about xfinity's streaming service. I guess because at this point it's hard to get the xfinity service on anything more then a mobile device. Still, it was free.

Just hooked up the rabbit ears. I'm getting 9 channels including NBC 2 perfectly without touching the antenna once. I'm a happy man!
Nice. Yeah I built a bunch of antennas for friends for OTA. I will keep you posted on channel 2. Hoping end of this week as mentioned before

There’s an inordinate amount my of attention being given to the net number of video subscribers. With the ARPU for OTT being lower than linear it’s critical that for every linear subscriber lost, more then one OTT subscriber is added. But I’m sure you knew that.

There’s an inordinate amount my of attention being given to the net number of video subscribers. With the ARPU for OTT being lower than linear it’s critical that for every linear subscriber lost, more then one OTT subscriber is added. But I’m sure you knew that.

Oh, I understand the goals, but after the first hard sell and my refusal it got silly.

With the last sales attempt I went into detail on the math problem - the cost to benefit ratio, and such. They didn't like hearing it.

You know what I do for a living, right?

It’s all I can do to stop myself from pitching DTVnow right now.

I just got an email from Direct TV. CBS was added to our local chanels.

I really, really need to get some time during the day to make the switch. I also need to up my internet speed first. Oddly it’s harder to signup for AT&T services as an employee than it is for the general public.

I really, really need to get some time during the day to make the switch. I also need to up my internet speed first. Oddly it’s harder to signup for AT&T services as an employee than it is for the general public.
Good luck.
So far it's been great with one exception. My internet speed drops from oveer 150 down to as low as 20mgps. Most times it's around 8-9pm. If not for that my experience has been nothing but positive.

Good luck.
So far it's been great with one exception. My internet speed drops from oveer 150 down to as low as 20mgps. Most times it's around 8-9pm. If not for that my experience has been nothing but positive.

Thanks for the tip. I plan to install some cabling so I can upgrade to a faster speed (currently at 45mbps) it’s just so hard to find the time.

Thanks but you don’t hsve to bother anyone. I’m switching regardless.
Cool. Fyi the update is the issue seems to be the coding for close captioning and AT&T getting the proper software capability. I believe that's the hold up and that's on their end

I finally pulled the trigger today.

Full disclosure… as an AT&T management employee I get a significant discount on services. But even with that I couldn’t justify what I was paying for linear TV. For what feels like forever I’ve had the highest tier plan with all the premium channels. Over the last year I’ve been slowing reducing that. First premium channels, then slowing dropping down the tiers. I finally signed up for the Gotta Have It plan with about 120 channels, many of which offer at least some on-demand content. So I actually end up with more channels than I had and my net savings will be $30 per month.

I’m giving up my favorite local channel (see above posts) and whole home DVR. I’ll also miss the ability to pause and rewind live TV like I could with U-verse. Cloud DVR is coming soon but I’m not sure it’ll have the ability to pause and/or rewind a live stream.

The only real flaw with the picture quality is what I’d describe as judder in scenes with fast moving cameras, like the Olympics.

I’m a little nervous about not being able to mindlessly flip through the channels, especially at bed time, but I’m sure we’ll adapt.

Back