• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Front panels up

bmwuk

rps20180413_223153.jpg Finally got my second panel and mounted to front wall. I'm having to do everything slowly since I have other financial priorities and I'm saving up for my next pair of speakers. Next is the side wall where I marked reflection points and will need a 12" wide and two 24" wide panels for the seating positions.

Results coming up. Now firing up some movies

I am most interested in how the 2 channel stereo sound is affected by these, specifically things like detail, stereo soundstage, and ambience sound qualities.

I am most interested in how the 2 channel stereo sound is affected by these, specifically things like detail, stereo soundstage, and ambience sound qualities.
Give me a bit on this. To be honest the only time I've had with my system has been watching movies, whether for myself or the family. So not a ton of music listening. I finally reconnected with Tidal so I can listen there but I have no more CDs at the house.

I can initially speak to the imaging that it seems to be more precise in the dialogue. I don't have a center channel speaker but the mains now seem a bit more focused. Second, I note more detail in the LR effects and sounds. I've been using the opening scene of The Dark Knight Rises, for whatever reason, as my rewatch. I could tell immediately when the movie started with the ice cracking. I could hear it more defined than before. Then on the CIA plane, when they pull off the hood from Bane, I could hear the chanting music in greater detail. I could barely make it out before.

Really what this says to me is get the other treatments sooner than later because I can imagine the improvements. I've plotted out and plan to put the side wall then the ceiling. Trick is I want to do 2 2'x4' panels decorated in a couple of movie posters. However they are much pricier than the standard ones. That said I will buy the two white ones intended for the ceiling for the side wall, then once I can splurge on the movie poster acoustic panels, I'll move the white ones to the ceiling. I also note that the side wall panels may be too low as movie posters so I may put 2 12" x 24" gray ones below them to get the coverage and then raise up the panels .

It can be surprising how impactful just a little treatment can be in an untreated room.

It can be surprising how impactful just a little treatment can be in an untreated room.
You taught me that years ago, about 15 years ago. I built my own then and was blown away then. But I have no time to build now but several places have nice pricing. Others not so much

Another panel ordered. This time a 12"x 48" panel to cover the side wall reflection under the light switch. Since this is the unique size I get no benefit on shipping with other panels of different size. So hence why I ordered by itself

Last edited:
Where did you buy your panels at?
Acoustimac. I still need 2 panels for the ceiling and I want the Acousti-art panels to the right of that 12" panel. Decorate them in movie posters.

There or GIK seem to be your good options. I chose acoustimac since they seem to have more color options and they have the art panels I eventually will get. Also they will send you the fabric samples for just the cost of shipping $5 I believe

Back