• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Big Bang Theory

^^^This! One of my favorite things to do is watch the BBT with Zing!

Not sure how I feel about a new spin on Sheldon's character as a young boy. No other cast members involved...nope, I am pretty positive I wouldn't care for that.

^^^This! One of my favorite things to do is watch the BBT with Zing!

Not sure how I feel about a new spin on Sheldon's character as a young boy. No other cast members involved...nope, I am pretty positive I wouldn't care for that.

I found it interesting that the women they have selected to play young Sheldon's Mom is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf the women that plays his Mom on BBT.

I will watch it just to see how they do with it.

Some of my favourite BBT writing comes when Sheldon and his Mom get into religulous arguments, exchanging quips and counter quips. A young atheist Sheldon could be potentially even more hilarious in the hands of good writers.

Some of my favourite BBT writing comes when Sheldon and his Mom get into religulous arguments, exchanging quips and counter quips. A young atheist Sheldon could be potentially even more hilarious in the hands of good writers.
I enjoy Sheldon's Mom and Hofstedter's Mom getting into "religulous" (so stolen) arguments even more!

Big-Bang-Theory-Trvia-Game.jpg

^ Yeah, we luv this show, we just finished a round of this. Zing won. I was holding fast killing him at rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock, but he won in the end.

Funny, the URL website I pasted this to was...geek alerts. com. Too funny!

Last edited:
I haven't been able to figure out what episode this is on, but it was all over my hometowns Facebook page today, so I'm thinking recent. The depot in the calendar is one of the two things that Durand is semi famous for. I lived less than a 1/4 mile away from it, and you could see it from our front door. My dad worked there for the Railroad for many many years, and I even stayed the night in it once when I went to work with him. depot.jpg

That's cool. I always like when I see/hear references to stuff I'm familiar with too.

So, I guess my home town sent a package to the show, and the Depot will again be seen this season, although unsure of which episodes. This literally was a maybe 300 yards from the house I grew up, we could see it from our front porch, and my dad worked there for many years before they closed it. They've since reopened it as a museum I believe, and it is a huge part of Durands history. depot1.jpg

Is there a tie-in to the show? Is one of the characters supposed to be from that area?

Is there a tie-in to the show? Is one of the characters supposed to be from that area?
Not that I know Towen. I think it started out as just a fan of the show sending them a calendar and grew from there. I've actually slept in the depot when I was 4 and went to work with my dad one night. I remember my dad pulling some cushions off a couple of chairs and made a little bed for me on the floor.

Has anyone besides me noticed that Kaley Cuoco (Penny) looks a bit different the last couple episodes. Can't put my finger on exactly what it is maybe lost some weight, had a facelift? Or maybe just my old eyes.

Has anyone besides me noticed that Kaley Cuoco (Penny) looks a bit different the last couple episodes. Can't put my finger on exactly what it is maybe lost some weight, had a facelift? Or maybe just my old eyes.
Wife and I were just discussing after watching the last episode that she just isn't looking as good as she used to. At least she has grown her hair out. Could be just getting older, or maybe there's a substance abuse problem of some sort.

I actually thought she looked a bit better, I keep thinking weight loss, she was starting to look a bit bloated.

I actually thought she looked a bit better, I keep thinking weight loss, she was starting to look a bit bloated.
I would tend to agree with you that she looks thinner, that's why I brought up maybe a substance abuse issue. She's kind of got that tired, thin look going on with her.

You didn’t care for her short hair?
I didn't, thought she has looked better with long hair. But to each their own, and if she wants to wear it short, that's her business. I'll still watch the show. lol

After watching last weeks episode the other night, I'm going to say that her change in looks is more to just getting older and losing some of that cuteness. Or maybe she changed her diet. Something along those lines.

After watching last weeks episode the other night, I'm going to say that her change in looks is more to just getting older and losing some of that cuteness. Or maybe she changed her diet. Something along those lines.

Any kind of losing weight is going to result in hollower cheeks. Her face isn't as rounded as it used to be. Combined with the short hair, it's a much more mature look, with less of that youthful cuteness (not that she looks old by any means, it's just not the "college age girl" look anymore). She's 32 now and was 21 when BBT began. Definitely the range where that young adult cuteness gives way to a more adult look.

For those of you who missed last week's season finale: watch it!

If for no other reason than to see Kathy Bates and Teller as Amy's parents!

Priceless!

Jeff

Back