• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

This came up on my spotify feed, and I have sinced purchased it. Great blues rock type sound, excellent guitar work.

51X1QwSWF%2BL._SY355_.jpg

Damn! Next you guys will bad mouth King Crimson!!!!

Maybe. I just did a google search for their most popular songs and nothing jumped out at me as something I've heard but their song titles seem pretty out there so who knows (perhaps Cat Food is one of many songs I love but can never remember the name of). About 15 years ago I really, really tried to like Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater to no avail... Is Rush considered prog rock(ish)? 'Cause I'm down with Overture / The Temples of Syrinx from 2112.

Maybe. I just did a google search for their most popular songs and nothing jumped out at me as something I've heard but their song titles seem pretty out there so who knows (perhaps Cat Food is one of many songs I love but can never remember the name of). About 15 years ago I really, really tried to like Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater to no avail... Is Rush considered prog rock(ish)? 'Cause I'm down with Overture / The Temples of Syrinx from 2112.

I'm not much or a prog rock guy, but Court of the Crimson King is still pretty effing epic...

I'm not much or a prog rock guy, but Court of the Crimson King is still pretty effing epic...

Steve Wilson finished his 2nd remaster of "Court of the Crimson King" and those who have heard it say it is the best yet. Steve said the 1st remaster he made was one of the first albums he remastered and he's learned a tin since then and wanted to do it better. One key goal was to remain true to the original mix, which I think I'd prefer. I didn't much like the 1st remaster he did.

It should release in the coming months.

Picked up the CD to the Dirt soundtrack yesterday. I'm finding it a little surreal that a streaming company is now releasing CD's. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but did anybody ever think they would buy a cd based on Netflix Original?

Picked up the CD to the Dirt soundtrack yesterday. I'm finding it a little surreal that a streaming company is now releasing CD's. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but did anybody ever think they would buy a cd based on Netflix Original?
No. Doubt I ever will.

Revisited with Interpol "Turn on the Bright Lights". A really good album. Love the sound and lyrics. I've seen them live.

220px-Interpol_-_Turn_On_The_Bright_Lights.jpg

Back