• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

^^Should we wonder what a boop is or just leave it to our own imagination?
ha6BZrL.jpg

Wrapping Christmas presents. Not feeling the Christmas spirit at all. Squeezebox providing the incentive. Starts with P!!

42c787a28898dd14969566dfbef306550b5d70b8

6115%2BrkjOJL.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Diana Krall - Wallflower

49846672.jpg

DK is in my top favorites list but this compilation of songs from the 60's & 70's though pretty ok misses the mark IMO. Her distinctive style does not lend itself to many of the songs on the album.

Aaberg is awesome, one of my favorite musicians and pianists.

The HU -- they only have two tracks so far, but I didn't know I wanted Mongolian Folk Hard Rock until now

The HU -- they only have two tracks so far, but I didn't know I wanted Mongolian Folk Hard Rock until now
Not sure I could ever really get into their music, but that was pretty good, in a different sort of way.

First it was Mongolian Heavy Metal... now Mariachi Heavy Metal. I'm not sold on this one yet.
30-og.jpg

I bought this solely because Amazon recommended it, and since I've made about 99% of all my music purchases from them since the month they started selling CDs and rate most of my purchases, their recommends are damn near spot on every time. It is great never having to "hunt" for new music, I just let Amazon tell me what new music I'll like, and it is extremely rare they are wrong.

Pineapple Thief: Dissolution

220px-The_Pineapple_Thief_Dissolution_Album_Cover.jpg

This album has a similar energy to Porcupine Tree without the extended periods of waiting for anything at all to happen. The recording dynamics are surprisingly good with less compression and limiting than other current music. Very good stuff!

Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree, King Crimson and other modern prog bands is the drummer, maybe that's why Amazon recommended it. Bruce Soord, a German Immigrant to the UK wrote most of the music.

Back