• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A new project

Aesthetically I can see why you wanted it in the cabinet. It looks really good there and is a great fit (designed that way I know).

But it looks pretty good on top too and I think once you get it finished it will look great up there.

Have you decided on the finish?
Thank you.
No not yet. I'm thinking maybe semi gloss black on the sub, then one of the accent colors we have our room for the satellites. Thoughts?

Looks awesome, I wish I could hear it!

Have you considered mounting the tv on the wall?
Andy what gets you about the sound is you've seen similar looking tiny full range speakers like this a thousand times in cheap small radios and clock radios. So when you see it, then turn it on you cant help but laugh. Now it doesnt sound like a receiver and a pair of studio 20's, no. It's just very enjoyable to listen to with no enoying faults to slap you in the face. Add to that the fact that it plays pretty damn low at loud volume levels and well there you have it. It also the sub never huffs and puffs when having its gain set rationally. That's rare in tiny systems.

I've assembled and installed six speaker systems connected to different brands of televisions and in all of those setups the TV remote is used to adjust the gain of the TVs output.

Does that little amp have a remote too? Or is it variable output from the TV?

No remote, this is a very low cost amp, especially as it puts out 30 watts into each satellite and 60 watts into the sub.

There are more expensive amps that offer remote control and even Bluetooth and USB connectivity, but the cheapest of those costs three times as much and would take multiple hours more time integrating into the sub module as it is not mounted in a plate and is just a circuit card that would require mounting and protecting.

I've assembled and installed six speaker systems connected to different brands of televisions and in all of those setups the TV remote is used to adjust the gain of the TVs output.
Sorry this was meant as a reply to Andy.
The funny thing is I've never had anything hooked up to the TV, however I may at some point when I get the new set. This system is used for podcasts and music while cooking and cleaning, Sunday coffee with the wife. I pretty only watch an hour or 2 of financial news in the morning. All other viewing is done in our media room.
F
I use an Alexa Dot for the interface between my phone and the system. Either Alexa directly, or Amazon music via my phone. My phones volume controls the system volume.

I thought yesterday how cool it would have been to recess the Alexa in the front panel. Damn! Oh well I'm ordering a holder to mount it there.

Man I really like the looks. Wish I could do that for the TV in our living room but the stand is too big being a 65"

Man I really like the looks. Wish I could do that for the TV in our living room but the stand is too big being a 65"

I can make a larger sub module to suit. @Dentman has a 5-1/4" sub, I could make it with a 6-1/2" or 8" sub that needs a larger enclosure.

I just realized the Speaker designer offset the drivers it those cabinets also..................

WOW!!

Found some cool gloss black spaces with my spare parts. Decided since I'm always listening while standing I'd angle them up a bit.
rps20190502_165604.jpgrps20190502_165536.jpg

I just realized the Speaker designer offset the drivers it those cabinets also..................

WOW!!

Yep. I posted a frequency response chart in the "Edge Diffraction" thread that demonstrates why the driver off-set is very important to the sound quality.

Back